Laura Mercier lip silk

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (and) Hydrogenated Butylene/Ethylene Styrene Copolymer (and) Hydrogenated Ethylene/ Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Dromeceius (Emu) Oil, Triacontanyl PVP, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Apple Extract, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Isopropylparaben, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

on 8/5/2005 11:21:00 PM

can't say anything negative..love it love it love it from la mer to la prairie...this is the very best.

on 3/27/2005 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a full size tube of this as part of a LM skincare starter kit and I would say that if you buy the starter kit it's worth it, although at 18 dollars for a tiny tube, I will probably cringe when I repurchase. And certainly, I think I will repurchase despite the price because this is so far the best lip product I have ever tried. It is an extremely thick product that packs in a ton of moisture. I did not give it a perfect score because the packaging is not the greatest. As one previous reviewer pointed out the product is way too thick for the packaging. Because of this, the crimped end split on my tube as I was trying to squeeze it and I had to reseal it using a hot curling iron. I hope they improve this in the future.

on 2/28/2005 6:03:00 PM

I love Lip Silk! This is a fabulous uber moisturizing lip balm. Feels great on and really sooths your lips. Its pretty pricey for a lip treatment but well worth it!

on 2/17/2005 9:10:00 AM

When my lips get chapped, it's not a pretty thing -- they crack and peel something awful, and I can't seem to stop myself from chewing on them and making it worse. My husband's lips get even more dreadful: he had big ovals of painful dry skin, and kissing was a process far too reminiscent of sandpaper and rawhide. Drugstore lipbalm helped me a little but did nothing for him; same story for my Kiehl's balm.

Lip Silk to the rescue! I suppose it's the chemical exfoliators that make it work so well. It's true, it's expensive (ouch) and the balm is almost too thick to squeeze out of the tube. But a tiny bit muscled out of the container onto my finger is plenty, and it really got the job done. It seems like a good balm for applying right before bed. Just two nights of applications cleared up my husband's truly awful chapping. Highly recommended for stubborn, peeling lip trouble.

on 2/10/2005 6:02:00 PM

Lip Silk is one of my most favorite Laura products! It has apple alpha-hydroxies to gently exfoliate while moisturizing w/ vitamin E. it rocks!

on 11/6/2004 4:37:00 PM

I Love Lip Silk. If you slather it on, not only does it feel great (very conditioning and moisturizing), but it will, applied at night before bed, still be on your lips when you wake up! It Really has staying power. I like the taste, too: to me it tastes like mochigome (glutinous (sweet, sticky) rice)!

on 9/18/2004 9:08:00 PM

I've read a lot of raves for this product, & being a fan of LM, decided to try a tube. I'm really not that impressed. I find the product, greasy & not that effective. I'm sticking with my HG lip product, Qtica intense lip repair balm. Since, I have a tube, I will use it at night, since it contains alpha hydroxy acids, but once it's gone, I will not repurchase.

on 6/12/2004 1:04:00 AM

i actually really like this product. great nighttime treatment. in fact this is the only one that has cured me of flaky lips. hmmm, maybe it's just me. but hey, i'm not straying.. i did in the past (went over to kheils) and ended up with flaky lips. yuck!

Hmm I have read raves about this product but now that I have some I don't understand them at all. Like all LM products its overpriced in Australia but I though that since people said it really gets rid of flakey lips I'd try it (an obsession of mine I admit). It made no difference, my lips are no smoother although admittedly they are usually quite smooth due to my obsessive rubbing of them. If u take good care of your lips I don't think you'd need this. Prada Lip balm is so much better.

on 2/10/2004 11:50:00 PM

I will start off by saying this is a nice thick lip balm. Almost a bit too thick for the type of packaging it is in. Based on the reviews here, I expected it to be really great.

However, I have come to realize there is nothing special about it. I didn't find it to be worth the price and it really didn't work any better than my Rosebud or MAC lip balms. I wore it overnight and when I woke up my lips were still somewhat dry feeling. I'll use what I've got but I won't repurchase this. continued >>

Popular Lip Treatments