September 17, 2014 | 1806 users online

Lip Treatments - Laura Mercier - lip silk

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2005 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Tessiepooh

I got a full size tube of this as part of a LM skincare starter kit and I would say that if you buy the starter kit it's worth it, although at 18 dollars for a tiny tube, I will probably cringe when I repurchase. And certainly, I think I will repurchase despite the price because this is so far the best lip product I have ever tried. It is an extremely thick product that packs in a ton of moisture. I did not give it a perfect score because the packaging is not the greatest. As one previous reviewer pointed out the product is way too thick for the packaging. Because of this, the crimped end split on my tube as I was trying to squeeze it and I had to reseal it using a hot curling iron. I hope they improve this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2005 6:03:00 PM More reviews by LoriW

I love Lip Silk! This is a fabulous uber moisturizing lip balm. Feels great on and really sooths your lips. Its pretty pricey for a lip treatment but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2005 9:10:00 AM More reviews by foxred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When my lips get chapped, it's not a pretty thing -- they crack and peel something awful, and I can't seem to stop myself from chewing on them and making it worse. My husband's lips get even more dreadful: he had big ovals of painful dry skin, and kissing was a process far too reminiscent of sandpaper and rawhide. Drugstore lipbalm helped me a little but did nothing for him; same story for my Kiehl's balm.

Lip Silk to the rescue! I suppose it's the chemical exfoliators that make it work so well. It's true, it's expensive (ouch) and the balm is almost too thick to squeeze out of the tube. But a tiny bit muscled out of the container onto my finger is plenty, and it really got the job done. It seems like a good balm for applying right before bed. Just two nights of applications cleared up my husband's truly awful chapping. Highly recommended for stubborn, peeling lip trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jlq1980

Lip Silk is one of my most favorite Laura products! It has apple alpha-hydroxies to gently exfoliate while moisturizing w/ vitamin E. it rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by shanhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I Love Lip Silk. If you slather it on, not only does it feel great (very conditioning and moisturizing), but it will, applied at night before bed, still be on your lips when you wake up! It Really has staying power. I like the taste, too: to me it tastes like mochigome (glutinous (sweet, sticky) rice)!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by bchamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've read a lot of raves for this product, & being a fan of LM, decided to try a tube. I'm really not that impressed. I find the product, greasy & not that effective. I'm sticking with my HG lip product, Qtica intense lip repair balm. Since, I have a tube, I will use it at night, since it contains alpha hydroxy acids, but once it's gone, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

i actually really like this product. great nighttime treatment. in fact this is the only one that has cured me of flaky lips. hmmm, maybe it's just me. but hey, i'm not straying.. i did in the past (went over to kheils) and ended up with flaky lips. yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2004 8:26:00 AM More reviews by littlebabyneko

Hmm I have read raves about this product but now that I have some I don't understand them at all. Like all LM products its overpriced in Australia but I though that since people said it really gets rid of flakey lips I'd try it (an obsession of mine I admit). It made no difference, my lips are no smoother although admittedly they are usually quite smooth due to my obsessive rubbing of them. If u take good care of your lips I don't think you'd need this. Prada Lip balm is so much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 11:50:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I will start off by saying this is a nice thick lip balm. Almost a bit too thick for the type of packaging it is in. Based on the reviews here, I expected it to be really great.

However, I have come to realize there is nothing special about it. I didn't find it to be worth the price and it really didn't work any better than my Rosebud or MAC lip balms. I wore it overnight and when I woke up my lips were still somewhat dry feeling. I'll use what I've got but I won't repurchase this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Lip Silk! It is the only lip conditioner/balm/whatever I have found that actually moisturises my lips. All the others were waxy substances that just sat on my lips and didn't do anything. I apply Lip Silk before bed and wake up with soft, full lips with never any flaking. The only problem is the outrageous price in Australia.