October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by helloheartbreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't stress how much I love this soap. After being fed up with every single Acne-clearing system on the market (NOTHING worked), I picked up one of these bars. I didn't notice a change right off the bat, but within time my skin became smooth, I didn't break out as much, and my scars were less noticeable. This is the only thing I use on my face, and it's never looked better. Just like with any Acne product, it won't work for everyone. But, I would at least give it a whirl. I give it 5 lippies since it's done wonders for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by asiajolie

I use this with Burts' Citrus Scrub & Tomato Toner and that combo has been saving my face for over a year. My skin used to be oily & acne-prone but now it is always clear and much less shiny. I only dislike the fact that after a while, the soap bar stop smelling fresh when I put it on my wet face. However, since it works I will stick to it. One bar last for a very long time so it's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by soochie1975

I love this product. This has really worked for my skin. I use it along with the Garden tomato toner and my face feels really smooth and does not get tight after I use it. I useually have hormonal breakouts during the month but I havn't had any bad ones since using this. The only drawback is that it is a bit expensive for a bar of it but since I have had great results with it I will purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the scent, and I didn't find it too drying, but it just didn't do much to alleviate my breakouts. I used it for a couple of months and didn't see much of a difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cburk3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very clean cleanser. I love how natural it feels and how it rinses so clean. It has done wonders for my oily, acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by emmeline24

Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap + Garden Tomato Toner = my happy skin! I have been using this bar soap for a steady week along with the toner, and I see a terrific improvement in the tone and texture of my skin. My pores, in which one could probably parallel park a 1970s Cadillac, have diminished in appearance and blackheads are disappearing. Breakouts are clearing up, too. The Garden Tomato soap smells fresh and doesn't get too sudsy (which I like - it doesn't feel harsh). It cleanses without giving you "patent leather face." Ahh! I knew there had to be a good, natural cleanser for my oily skin out there. Will definitely buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ChaosAndCandy

A staple of mine that I use in addition to my Pro Activ. The Pro Activ cleanser is great, but doesn't fully remove makeup on it's own. This complexion soap lathers really nicely, and really cleans everything off my face so I can follow it up with my Pro Activ regimen. It smells very....natural. That's the best word I can use to describe it. It does amazingly well with oily skin. After I started using it I immediately noticed that my pores looked more refined and my skin tone was more balanced. It's a bit pricey for a bar of soap, but it lasts quite a while and works well, so I'll keep buying it. EDIT: This definitely does help with problem skin. However, I would only recommend it for the oiliest of skins, and even then I would recommend moisturizing well after using it. It can be very, very drying. I've decided to switch to a gentler cleanser, but I'll use up my bar on my neck and chest in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 6:25:00 AM More reviews by sky8

I absolutely adore this soap! I mean it's just soap but it's so much more than that! It was this soap that converted me to a Burt's Bees-aholic. I have always had acne and during puberty I broke out big time. Nothing worked for me and I turned to proactiv. At that time it saved my face and I used it for years. But years go by and your skin changes. I became too sensitive for proactiv and it also got too expensive. I broke out last summer from being out in the sun everyday and it stayed with me for over half a year!!!! I finally decided, after trying various different topical creams, most of which were too harsh for me, that I would try to use the most natural ways to improve my skin, instead of using all these chemicals that severly irritated it even more. I saw this soap at the drugstore and decided to give it a try. Let me just tell you that I have never had results from a cleanser ALONE. No creams. No nothing. Just plain old Burt's Bees tomato soap, toner, and aloe vera to moisturize. My face improved within a week. I will never have flawless skin. I have accepted that, but this, this is THE best cleanser I have ever used that did ANYTHING for my face. I used to think only treatment creams could fix things but this soap did it all.

I now pair this with La Roche Posay Effaclar K which is also a great product. Oh, one last thing. Some other reviews said that it left behind a film after rinsing. If you have ever used glycerin soap to wash your hands you will notice that it is alot harder to rinse off. I actually like the fact that this soap is harder to rinse off because it forces me to keep rinsing until I feel and hear the squeak along my face. I think you just have to spend more time rinsing it off than liquid/foam cleansers which leave behind residues that you don't even notice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Ellssa

I made the choice to use as little chemical skin care as possible after frying my skin with Proactive for years and decided to try Burts Bees. I wash my face with the tomato complexion bar in the morning and before I go to bed (I do not apply the tomato toner because I found my skin became easily irritated from the alcohol). After over 4 months of using this complextion bar my face has never been clearer or more even-toned. I do use a light oil free moisturizer because the soap has no moisturizing quality to it. That combination works great for me. I'm really impressed with this soap, I was a big skeptic but I'm really happy I tried it. My skin is thankful as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by ChicaBoricua

I bought a whole bunch of Burt's Bees products in an effort to eliminate anything and everything that contains parabens. This soap is just awesome. My skin was breaking out quite repeatedly, not sure if it was due to the Yves Rocher products I was using before (had to get rid of them bc of parabens) but the minute I used this soap my skin was very radiant and soft. Within two weeks my face has cleared up completely and it has a glow and radiance I was never able to achieve before with other products. This does not dry out my skin and it cleanses it very well. My Burt's Bees routine is as follows: 1) Wash with the Tomato soap 2) exfoliate with the citrus scrub 3)followed by the tomato toner 4) spray the carrot oil mist 5) moistuirze with the carrot facial creme 6) pat royal jelly eye creme around eyes. This routine has made my skin really beautiful and I am getting compliments all the time. It works for me!