Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the little travel-size tin, it's so adorable! The cream itself is very thick and emollient. I could never use this on my oily, acneic face, but I love it for my dry feet and elbows. The scent is fairly strong, but I've realized it reminds me of my nana so I like it. I do think a squeezeable tube would be easier and more hygienic, but this little guy is so cute! The price was right, too - this was about a dollar for one ounce.

on 7/29/2014 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I always used expensive skin care products and thought I couldn't live without my Eve Lom cleanser until I had to unexpectedly stay overnight at my parents house. My mother uses Nivea and when I went to the bathroom all I could find was a bar of soap and a tub of Nivea. There was no way I was going to use soap on my face so I used the Nivea in the same way I use Eve Lom (no muslin cloth so a flannel had to do), and with a feeling of dread and an expectation my skin would break out, I went to bed. I woke up in the morning to see and feel the best skin I've had since being a child. No spots and those I had disappeared overnight. No greasiness, no dryness, no flakes, and a beautiful even peachy tone. It was impressive. My skin was problematic, sensitive, spot prone, oily and then red/flaky and since using Nivea, my skin is perfectly behaved. Its normal. I love it. Admittedly a couple of times a week I still deep cleanse with Eve Lom and then moisturise with Nivea, but other than that, its Nivea all the way.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried using this creme only to be disappointed. It's rather thick and tacky so it's a bit hard to apply. I ended up rubbing it between two hands before I applied to my face. It worked wonderfully under my makeup. The downside is that it felt extremely heavy. After a few days of use, my skin started to break out. I have dry, sensitive skin that rarely has a blemish. I also tried using this on my hands and feet. It's okay for that. I have just used better.
Pro's: Cheap, easy to find, smells good
Cons: causes breakout, thick and heavy, hard to apply

on 7/25/2014 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I dont normally like anything thick, sticky or greasy in a lotion or cream. I decided to try to use this on my heels. I have been having issues with calluses and skin peeling and becoming sore. Also it just looks nasty if I want to wear sandals/ flip flops (which i do constantly in the summer time). I bought the little tin for $1 to try putting on my feet at night with socks. After 5 days it has def made a difference. Its almost quit peeling all together and the skin is MUCH softer and calluses are going away. My feet look normal again. I also think I will start using this some on my legs when they feel too dry. I will buy again and I really like the little tin it comes in the smaller size so I will buy both that and a tub of it.

on 7/22/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very oily skin but around my nose are gets very dry patchy and flaky, so applying this (in winter time of course) is definitely a life saver!
It smells amazing and I have a huge tub of it on my dresser and I'm 1/4 of the way through it after 2 years.
It is also very cheap for a large tub of this! Maybe around £2 for something which would last me around 8 years (but obviously I'm not gonna keep it for that long. That'd be gross.)
I don't know about using this on the oily parts of my skin but I guess if I did it wouldn't break me out as It hasn't broken me out around my nose.

Will repurchase if and when I run out aha!

on 7/16/2014 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

As many of you, I grew up with this cream. In my country every woman has a tin of this on her vanity. We know why we keep on using it, it moisturises, keeps your skin soft, makes all of your dry patches go away AND has a very nice scent. Even in winter, I dare to use it on my face after a facial. It's just how we do it here, we think good skin care is the best way to look your prettiest. My love affair with Nivea cream will never end.

on 6/22/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

THIS SHIT IS AMAZINGGGGGGGG.

i bought it last week out of curiosity. i usually prefer dept store creams or shits like body shop or l'occitane. but i was bored with expensive stuff and wanna try out something cheap.

yes the PRICE is cheap but the QUALITY i must say is waaaaay better than anything i ever tried.

i use it to replace body shop vit.e night cream, with similar thick texture and greasiness (i prefer a greasy night cream) and rose-grandma smell (it soothes me and helps me sleep), but nivea wins bc it doesn't clog my pores like body shop. like seriously, people said this is "too thick" for a face cream, but it doesn't clog your pores it will not give you pimples but rather a nice glowy face in the morning. i have dry skin but i live in tropical country, so if you're from somewhere with winter please consider trying this as a night cream.

i also use it as a hand cream. compared to l'occitane shea hand cream, it's more oily and doesn't dry out with a powdery feeling like l'oc.

for dry areas all over my body and it works better than body butter.

did i mention that it's super cheap?

so overall this is a luxurious multi purpose cream with dirt cheap price. you just can't get enough of it. i already stock up and have this everywhere so i can grab it everytime i feel like just to sniff it or a quick moisture.
and the classic blue jar is just too beautiful and elegant.

ps: mine is the germany version not the waxy one made in mexico.

on 6/22/2014 12:09:00 AM

this cream is something my sister turned me onto. It is super rich and moisturizing—one of those lotions that leaves a greasy feeling after applying. It’s not my favorite but the travel containers of this lotion make it unbeatable for me. I travel a lot and having to only take this little container of lotion to help combat my dry skin really makes a huge difference in my already massive toiletry bag. I will repurchase this product for travel only. Definitely a lotion you want to apply right before bed and NOT before getting dressed.

on 6/13/2014 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it's good for dry skin!

on 6/11/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this in the little tin for a $1.00 at most drustores. It makes a great hand lotion, but you can use it anywhere you're dry including your face providing you don't have a sensitivity to it. I would suggest doing a patch test behind your ear first. I know a lot of people use it as an eye cream or just on random dry spots. Some people even use it as a cold cream. It's been around forever and was the first of its kind. FYI: Apparently the Nivea Creme sold in the U.S. is lighter than the Nivea Creme sold in France. Different versions are made to meet the different cultural expectations. So if you're going abroad you might want to stock up just to test the difference.