August 22, 2014 | 1808 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - Powder Pink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is great. The color and texture look very real on my skin. It lasts through the day. My skin is normal to dry - dryer in the colder weather. Wouldn't use this in the summer but love it for this weather.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 6:34:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I write this as a lifelong powder blush person. I'm not converted. I tried this after I had bought a rather cheap powder blush tht didn't last 5 minutes throughout the day. I asked the salesgirl in the shop if this cream blush would last longer than a powder and she said Yes. But she had that look in her eye that somehow told me otherwise. I bought it anyway. It's reasonably long lasting as cream blushers go but needs reapplying mid-day I find. There is a lot of pigment in it so you don't need very much. I don't think Powder Pink is a very good description of the colour since that suggests something rather softer. This is quite a tawny shade and probably a bit too much for my fair skin. I find it quite difficult to apply as it tends to drag on the skin. But as a lifetime powder blusher I guess I need practice. I haven't tried it with a sponge as other reviewers have suggested but I'll give it a go. I haven't tried it as a lip balm either but I may do if it lasts me till next summer as it looks as though it might give a nice understated sheen for casual days.
As with all Bobbi Brown products the packaging gets the thumbs-up. It's a nice solid screw top jar - no danger of falling to bits in the make up bag as some cheaper brands do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by monicaphil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this blush. I've never used a cream blush before and I definately will be using it again. It lasts all day and helps keep my dry skin moist. I also love it on my lips. It's great to only carry one product with you that serves 2 purposes. I certainly will try other shades of this rouge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous natural pink. Just looks very fresh and natural on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 8:04:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Gorgeous colour, long lasting, and easy to blend. Don't have much to add to the existing reviews, except it's a great blush. *Edit* August 16, 2007: It turns out that this is a bit warm for my skin tone. My reigning favourite is now summer pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by naturalchic07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous product. I chose the colour Powder Pink for a more natural look on my fair, warm ivory skin tone. I found that, even with my oily skin, this is fairly difficult to blend well, so you really need to have well moisturized cheeks before hand. But I simply pat it on and this warms it up a little, allowing me to blend it well. The colour looks different on than in the pot, it just really makes me look fresh and healthy. I've taken to doing a swipe of the Beige Shimmerbrick on my cheek bones after applying the pot rouge and WOW!!! Stunning look. Love love love this product!!! Also I've recently started to dab this on my lips to keep the colour the same as my cheeks. Then I added a slick of the BB Brightening gloss in White and voila, pure gorgeous lips!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a neutral medium pink with a touch of brown to mute it a bit. No shimmer at all. This adds a super-natural soft wash of color that would look good on probably most complexions. Due to the fact that it's a cream, it melts into skin and looks more natural than powder. Pot Rouges have a stiffer texture than most cream blushes, more like lipstick, and are intensely pigmented. I use a skunk brush to apply mine in order to build up the color slowly and get a really, really natural look and finish. Applied this way, this is strikingly similar to NARS cream blush in Penny Lane on me (light, yellow undertones),though they are not at all similar colors.

If I want more intensity, I touch the pads of my fingers to the surface (without swiping), then pat it onto the apples of my cheeks (this works as well or better than blending in circular motions since it won't disrupt your foundation or concealer. I was skeptical of this method too, but it does work very well. Just keep patting until it's blended in).

Plus, it actually looks pretty on my lips, making this a truly versatile item. And the lasting power is surprisingly good for a cream. I also love the chic, minimalist packaging and lack of fragrance. The price isn't too bad either, considering how much product you get. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by iolaroft

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product!
I've always been fascinated by Bobbi Brown's chic and minimal packaging and makeup philosophy, but had never tried one of her products. Searching for the perfect cream blush, i headed to a Bobbi Brown counter and found this would be the perfect color for my NC20 skin. First, i though it was too highly pigmented, but a little goes a long way, and by dotting just a tiny bit on your well moisturised cheeks and blending,
it just looks like the perfect natural flush of color.
It also works on tanned complexions... I'm beginning to have some color (self-tan of course), and it just makes you look like you came from the beach or from a glorious sunny day at the park.
Also, because you use just a little bit, it goes on for ages.

As for lips, i wouldn't recommend it - at least it didn't work on me.

This chic makeup pot is definitely a must-have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Powder Pink Pot Rouge is gorgeous (NW20), it kind of looks a ruddy pink in the pot. When you apply it to your cheeks, it doesn't look as ruddy- it kind of takes on a coral-pink hue. (Don't know how accurate my color descriptions are, but I really do like the color.) I don't use this on my lips, I bought it primarily for (face) cheek use. Too bad that it doesn't blend into my skin as flawlessly as MAC's Blushcreme creme blushes, which is why I only gave this 4 lippies. This would be my favorite creme blush of all because of the color, but I have tried applying this with my fingers, make-up sponge, and a skunk brush... and I just can't seem to get the application to look natural. This creme blush is a little tackier in consistency, and I find it really grabs hold of my skin as soon as it touches it and doesn't give me much time for blending. It dries to a powdery finish quite rapidly (I DO like the powdery, matte finish, though), so I feel like this blush can look a little streaky if not applied properly. Usually, I have to blend around the edges with tinted moisturizer just to get it to look right; or, I have to dust some MAC MSF natural (medium) over it to kind of buff out the streaks. I really do like this blush- I just wish it were easier to blend. It needs to be a little more "airy" like those little, creme blush in the pots that Stila used to make. (Do they still make them?) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by melystar

I adore this product, it's a beautiful pink that works great on my skin tone, I love how much more natural it looks than powder, the container it's definitely not my favorite since I hate sticking my finger in it, so most of the time I try to use a sponge. I haven't had a break out from this which is a major plus. it lasts for a long time but will definitely repurchase!