Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - Powder Pink

4.4

I am normally a cream blusher user and this product only convinces me further that cream blushers are more natural looking.

This blusher is very pigmented and a small dab into the pot is sufficient for both cheeks. I think this blusher will last a long time!

The only thing about this blusher that made me drop a lippie was the texture which is quite hard. Maybe this is due to the cold weather and the fact that it is very pigmented, but I need to blend the product very thoroughly on my cheeks to ensure the colour looks very natural. So this will not be something you can put on in a hurry and dash out of the door.

Packaging wise, this is the normal BB packaging which I like and is easy to use.

Although this is stated as a rouge for both lips and cheeks, I have not tried this on my lips as I imagine it will not be very moisturising.

on 12/2/2007 8:22:00 AM

This is my current go-to blush and has unseated Clinique's Blushing Blush in Precious Posy as my favourite. It's a bit hard to blend but gives a lovely natural neutral to warm pink which is slightly darker than the colour I naturally blush but looks gorgeous on my fair skin. I apply using a sponge and pat it into my cheeks.

I was originally going to get Pale Pink but the store assistant persuaded me to try Powder Pink on one cheek and Pale Pink on the other cheek. Powder Pink was much prettier even though I would have thought the cooler coloured Pale Pink would have suited my pale skin. So if you're fair and debating which Pot Rouge to get, I'd suggest trying Powder Pink as well even if it does look quite tawny in the jar.

on 12/1/2007 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is great. The color and texture look very real on my skin. It lasts through the day. My skin is normal to dry - dryer in the colder weather. Wouldn't use this in the summer but love it for this weather.

on 11/3/2007 6:34:00 AM

I write this as a lifelong powder blush person. I'm not converted. I tried this after I had bought a rather cheap powder blush tht didn't last 5 minutes throughout the day. I asked the salesgirl in the shop if this cream blush would last longer than a powder and she said Yes. But she had that look in her eye that somehow told me otherwise. I bought it anyway. It's reasonably long lasting as cream blushers go but needs reapplying mid-day I find. There is a lot of pigment in it so you don't need very much. I don't think Powder Pink is a very good description of the colour since that suggests something rather softer. This is quite a tawny shade and probably a bit too much for my fair skin. I find it quite difficult to apply as it tends to drag on the skin. But as a lifetime powder blusher I guess I need practice. I haven't tried it with a sponge as other reviewers have suggested but I'll give it a go. I haven't tried it as a lip balm either but I may do if it lasts me till next summer as it looks as though it might give a nice understated sheen for casual days.
As with all Bobbi Brown products the packaging gets the thumbs-up. It's a nice solid screw top jar - no danger of falling to bits in the make up bag as some cheaper brands do.

on 10/28/2007 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this blush. I've never used a cream blush before and I definately will be using it again. It lasts all day and helps keep my dry skin moist. I also love it on my lips. It's great to only carry one product with you that serves 2 purposes. I certainly will try other shades of this rouge.

Gorgeous natural pink. Just looks very fresh and natural on me.

on 7/27/2007 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous colour, long lasting, and easy to blend. Don't have much to add to the existing reviews, except it's a great blush. *Edit* August 16, 2007: It turns out that this is a bit warm for my skin tone. My reigning favourite is now summer pink.

on 6/16/2007 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous product. I chose the colour Powder Pink for a more natural look on my fair, warm ivory skin tone. I found that, even with my oily skin, this is fairly difficult to blend well, so you really need to have well moisturized cheeks before hand. But I simply pat it on and this warms it up a little, allowing me to blend it well. The colour looks different on than in the pot, it just really makes me look fresh and healthy. I've taken to doing a swipe of the Beige Shimmerbrick on my cheek bones after applying the pot rouge and WOW!!! Stunning look. Love love love this product!!! Also I've recently started to dab this on my lips to keep the colour the same as my cheeks. Then I added a slick of the BB Brightening gloss in White and voila, pure gorgeous lips!!

on 5/11/2007 9:00:00 PM

This is a neutral medium pink with a touch of brown to mute it a bit. No shimmer at all. This adds a super-natural soft wash of color that would look good on probably most complexions. Due to the fact that it's a cream, it melts into skin and looks more natural than powder. Pot Rouges have a stiffer texture than most cream blushes, more like lipstick, and are intensely pigmented. I use a skunk brush to apply mine in order to build up the color slowly and get a really, really natural look and finish. Applied this way, this is strikingly similar to NARS cream blush in Penny Lane on me (light, yellow undertones),though they are not at all similar colors.

If I want more intensity, I touch the pads of my fingers to the surface (without swiping), then pat it onto the apples of my cheeks (this works as well or better than blending in circular motions since it won't disrupt your foundation or concealer. I was skeptical of this method too, but it does work very well. Just keep patting until it's blended in).

Plus, it actually looks pretty on my lips, making this a truly versatile item. And the lasting power is surprisingly good for a cream. I also love the chic, minimalist packaging and lack of fragrance. The price isn't too bad either, considering how much product you get. Love!

on 4/18/2007 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this product!
I've always been fascinated by Bobbi Brown's chic and minimal packaging and makeup philosophy, but had never tried one of her products. Searching for the perfect cream blush, i headed to a Bobbi Brown counter and found this would be the perfect color for my NC20 skin. First, i though it was too highly pigmented, but a little goes a long way, and by dotting just a tiny bit on your well moisturised cheeks and blending,
it just looks like the perfect natural flush of color.
It also works on tanned complexions... I'm beginning to have some color (self-tan of course), and it just makes you look like you came from the beach or from a glorious sunny day at the park.
Also, because you use just a little bit, it goes on for ages.

As for lips, i wouldn't recommend it - at least it didn't work on me.

This chic makeup pot is definitely a must-have!