April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by msrosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to lipsticks!! It's actually one of the first lipsticks i bought from MAC. Its a really neutrally-peachy colour. For me though i have pigmented lips so it evens it out to a more very light pinkish colour, that is why i love it! I have to admit though I dont wear this lipstick in the summertime because my skin is darker obviously! But winter is soon approaching so im going to have to stock up on this lipstick ! Some people worry that it might give them that 'dead zombie' look, BUT if you pair it up with a nice colour lipgloss it would look fab :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For Reference, I'm NC 25/30 with Yellow undertones.

I find that if I wear this lipstick alone w/o any lipgloss or any other lipstick color combination, it may come out looking a bit BLAH, similar to smearing some concealer on my lips.

BUT...I do like this color when I pair it with other shades that ae in the pinky coral or pink nude colors, and then I top it off with some MAC Big Baby Plushglass. The color is very clean and healhty pink lips. I love it.

The consistency of the Myth lipstick is smooth and it does last a while on my lips. The packaging is simple (black and silver) and compact. No frills.

I do recommend this lipstick. And for girls that can wear this alone, I am jealous..;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TequilaaSantos

I love this lipstick its soo pretty with my dark eye makeup. Im nc30 and it covers my lips well, comes on as a very very pale peach. The only thing I hate is that it doesnt last long at all. I maybe get 1 hour wear out of it. However if your into the natural look and hardly wear any other makeup you probably wouldnt like this as it doesnt look good with a naked face

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by chaleyhetwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have literally used about 15 of these lipsticks!! I adore this colour, and buy a few at once so i don't run out! It is such a perfect shade for paler skin (I'm NW20) and I don't think there are any dupes for this out there. I like to apply mine over a pale pink lipliner to give it a pinkish colour. Soooo pretty, i also like to layer Florabundance lipglass over this, the perfect match in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to MAC yesterday because I had some B2M's to turn in and since I'm always on the hunt for a nude lipstick I figured I'd give Myth a try. I had also heard rave reviews on Myth from several magazines. TBH, I'm not sure about this lipstick. I'm NC40 skintone and I find that it is very light on my lips. I will agree that if your looking for that "androgenous look" this is perfect. I did swatched this on the back of my hand at the store, and it looked like a very nude beige w/slight pink undertones so I thought this would be perfect. However when I wear it alone I get a concealer look. The color has alot of grey casts to it. I did apply it using MAC's Hodgepodge liner and topped it w/NARS Turrkish Delight and it was pretty. I'm kinda torn b/c on it's own I don't like it. When I add other colors and a liner to it it's good. A good lipstick IMO shouldn't need other adjustments. I also tried dabbing it on vs swiping it on and it was better. With Myth I find that I could easily achieve the same look by using concealer on my lips and adding a liner and gloss to it. As far as it being dry it is. I would recommend exfoliating your lips prior and also use chapstick before applying, because it will accentuate any dry spots/lines. I'm giving Myth 3 lippies b/c I've only tried it once and I feel as though I need to experiment w/different looks before I give up on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by xors

Hmm. Not too sure on this lipstick. I think it looks lovely on many skin tones and me being very fair my mother always jokes that I look like a zombie when I wear it. Quite off putting, but I'm sure she's joking.(or is she?..) Anyway, the lipstick is quite drying which isn't the best for my overly chapped lips(still on the search for a HG lip balm..) I always match it with dark eye shadows and don't really tend to wear it for an everyday look as it does look very un-natural(not that many MAC lipsticks do) i tend to reach for it on nights out okay i should stop talking now I recommend anyone to at least try this lipstick I will be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by keivasaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lipstick its a very good nude for all of us pale ladies! It is quite drying though so be sure to use a balm underneath.. if you dont exfoliate your lips it WILL show up dry patches.
It stays on for a good while, it smells lovely like vanilla!
It goes on to be a matte finish hence the dryness, other than that i really like this lipstick, perfect with dark smokey eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by sofiaramos1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great quality lipstick, good pigmentation and staying power, i recomend using lip balm under or a good lip primer. For me the only problem is the color it was to light for my skin. Make sure it's a good nude shade for you, what looks good on someone may not work for you (this was my mistake). I've tried to mix it with other lipsticks and its really nice to tone some down (with pink nouveau it creates a beautiful shade). But that's a lot of work to me, I like to have a lipstick I can just put it on and im ready to go. But thats just me, if you have it and it doesnt work for you I recoment doing what I did, mixing it with other shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by jessssxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am an NW25 in M.A.C, and this is NOT too pale for me, despite what everyone seems to be saying! Goes on pretty opaquely if applied with a lip brush, or straight on to dry lips. If you dab this on to your lips, or use very sparingly, it can look gorgeous. I like to use Bobbi Brown lip balm underneath Myth, not just because it stops dry lips from looking flakey and gross, but also because its always good to add an SPF to your lips! :)
Myth is a surprisingly matte colour, even though it is considered a 'satin', and is quite a dark nude (e.g, darker than an NW20, but lighter than an NW30) which looks lovely on tanned skin!
If you're worried about looking 'dead', don't! Just don't use a lot of this, and don't forget to wear bronzer or blusher :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was inspired to try the nude shade by Kim Kardashian's signature "look". Over all I think dark haired women look nice with nude shades of lipstick, so since I fit the demographic I figured I'd give it a shot.

When I went to the MAC store inside of the mall, it was very crowded and I was on my lunch break. I didn't have time to consult with an associate on the best shade, but I did go through the "look book". I swabbed some this shade on with a q tip and it looked decent enough. So I made my purchase.

I noticed when I actually wore it, it was flaky and not the best pigment (though to give due credit it has a nice shimmer). I've never understood the hype about MAC. I think it is overpriced for such cheap quality. This lipstick proved my inclination correct. I will stick with Sephora brand lip glosses and lip stains.