MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 3/20/2012 11:48:00 PM

I love this lipstick.. Just because most people say this makes you look washed out, lipless, dead, etc. it depends how you're applying it. So if anyone were to use it you don't sweep it across your lips from side to side unless you want it to look like you have no lips lol, DAB IT! also, i apply a lipgloss over it & wala!

on 3/20/2012 11:17:00 PM

When I bought this lipstick, I had no real concept of what a nude lipstick was and what it was supposed to do. I had only been drawn to brights. My understanding was that a nude lipstick was supposed to make your lips the same colour as your face (I know!!) and that's what this did, so I purchased it. Didn't know if I liked it, but I'd heard nude lips were on trend, so I got it.

When I saw it in natural light I hated it. I tried a light hand, a full sheath of colour, overlining with it.. I hated them all. Honestly, it made me look like I had a skin disease.

But I'm giving this a 4 because eventually I got the hang. It won't come as any surprise - the key to making this work is lipliner. The one I use religiously with this lippie is Rimmel 1000 Kisses liner in Tiramisu (an orangey neutral - very similar to the colour of Estee Lauder's Crystal Baby.) And once I worked that out I've worn it on a few nights out and got compliments for it. Definitely not an everyday lipstick for me and would never wear it in the daytime.

Am quite excited by other people's suggestions. Will definitely try mixing it with some other lipsticks and seeing what I can come up with.

One for those who like to experiment - and a challenge.

on 3/20/2012 3:34:00 PM

I'm quite new to the world of lipsticks among make up issues. I only used glosses before finding out about the many wonderful colours MAC has in its shops. So I walked in and I had no clue about which one to buy. I tried on loads of colours, then I got myself into MYTH.. and it's been love at first sight, I've been looking for this nude shade FOR AGES! I'm going to buy again when this one is finished. I think this colour suits brunettes better than blondes, but who cares.. if you like it, get it!

on 3/17/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Warm medium light skin tone. Makes me look dead. Dark hair. Light eyes.

on 3/17/2012 10:26:00 PM

I was SO skeptical about this color at first. I got in a back to Mac swap so it was free but the MA had to convince me to walk away with it. The key to this lipstick is manipulation! I adore how many custom colors you can make with this...my favorites being the mixtures with Costa Chic, Impassioned and the recently purchased Viva Glam V! Now that I know it's capabilities I will never be without one in my extensive lip collection!

on 3/14/2012 9:19:00 PM

I have bought this product twice. It looks nice with a tan or when I'm pale. It does have a "chalky" feel and look. At times, it highlights (or produces?) flakiness on my lips. If you use too much, it washes you out. However, I like it b/c I can combine it with lip liner, a dot of lip gloss at the center of my bottom lip, or wear it alone and it all looks good!

on 3/13/2012 4:14:00 AM

This is a really good shade of nude lipstick! My only problem is that it's extremely drying, and it settles into the cracks of your lips and flakes off in an unflattering way, even if you use lip balm on your lips first. I'm not 100% if I would re-purchase it or not

on 3/12/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

What i like about this lipstick is that it's creamy and very pigmented. To me it smells like donuts and i love it! haha.
Myth doesn't make your lips too pale so you dont look like you're dead. I have used it for couple times now and unfortunately it didn't last long on my lips. So you maybe have to add it more later.
I got mine for 19 and it's quite expensive to me..

on 2/11/2012 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad that I waited until now to review this lipstick. I was iffy about it at first but now I love it. I just had to learn how to apply it (I apply a bit and then spread it around with my finger). I don't get a death lip look from this colour. It works with the colour of my lips to give me a muted pinky peach colour. It looks amazing with a gloss over it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this colour soooo much, im NC35 so i have yellow tones to my skin and am obsessed with finding the perfect nude with a hint of pink and this is my favourite, Its a lovely silky matte lipstick and the colour is intense - i hate those sheer ones! and its pretty cheap, but it should be because the packaging is pretty bland and rubbish. Another downside is that with using it every day it only lasts a month. Ive tried so many nudes though and this id definitely my favourite.

Recommended for Medium Skin