July 28, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by allsaintschief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this colour soooo much, im NC35 so i have yellow tones to my skin and am obsessed with finding the perfect nude with a hint of pink and this is my favourite, Its a lovely silky matte lipstick and the colour is intense - i hate those sheer ones! and its pretty cheap, but it should be because the packaging is pretty bland and rubbish. Another downside is that with using it every day it only lasts a month. Ive tried so many nudes though and this id definitely my favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by PearlNecklacexo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love pairing Myth with baby pink and pale peach lipgloss. It is a vanilla shade with a subtle peachy tone to it. I really can't wear it alone as its just too pale for my skintone but it's fabulous for canceling out my lips natural hue underneath lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I avoided this lipstick forever since so many people said it gave them death lips, looks like a concealer, washed them out, etc. But I saw a You Tube video of a girl with a similar skin tone so I then ordered it off of Nordstrom's site. I'm happy to report that it does not make me look dead! I can't believe I've avoided this colour for so long. On me, it shows up as a pinky beige nude. Myth reminds me of a ligher version of peachstock. I'm not sure if I will repurchase since I reach for Peachstock more. As far as MAC lipsticks go, Peachstock is still number one for me. Its a very nice colour, but still is not perfect. So I took one lippie off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MarinaNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have medium to tan skin and black hair, so its extremely hard to find a good nude lipstick that doesn't make me look dead! But this one I really love. It has peachy undertones so it works with tan skin. I have read reviews saying its drying, but I haven't noticed it being dry at all, even with a lip liner underneath and no chapstick. The staying power isn't great though unfortunately. It does last about an hour so make sure you bring it with you when your going out. Other than that I really do love it! Perfect nude color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MIRACLENICOLE

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. It took the place of Fleshpot. I get compliments all the time from people wanting to know what I'm wearing. I wear it with a cheap Rimmell clover pink lip liner and clear gloss :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by msrosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to lipsticks!! It's actually one of the first lipsticks i bought from MAC. Its a really neutrally-peachy colour. For me though i have pigmented lips so it evens it out to a more very light pinkish colour, that is why i love it! I have to admit though I dont wear this lipstick in the summertime because my skin is darker obviously! But winter is soon approaching so im going to have to stock up on this lipstick ! Some people worry that it might give them that 'dead zombie' look, BUT if you pair it up with a nice colour lipgloss it would look fab :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For Reference, I'm NC 25/30 with Yellow undertones.

I find that if I wear this lipstick alone w/o any lipgloss or any other lipstick color combination, it may come out looking a bit BLAH, similar to smearing some concealer on my lips.

BUT...I do like this color when I pair it with other shades that ae in the pinky coral or pink nude colors, and then I top it off with some MAC Big Baby Plushglass. The color is very clean and healhty pink lips. I love it.

The consistency of the Myth lipstick is smooth and it does last a while on my lips. The packaging is simple (black and silver) and compact. No frills.

I do recommend this lipstick. And for girls that can wear this alone, I am jealous..;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by TequilaaSantos

I love this lipstick its soo pretty with my dark eye makeup. Im nc30 and it covers my lips well, comes on as a very very pale peach. The only thing I hate is that it doesnt last long at all. I maybe get 1 hour wear out of it. However if your into the natural look and hardly wear any other makeup you probably wouldnt like this as it doesnt look good with a naked face

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by chaleyhetwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have literally used about 15 of these lipsticks!! I adore this colour, and buy a few at once so i don't run out! It is such a perfect shade for paler skin (I'm NW20) and I don't think there are any dupes for this out there. I like to apply mine over a pale pink lipliner to give it a pinkish colour. Soooo pretty, i also like to layer Florabundance lipglass over this, the perfect match in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to MAC yesterday because I had some B2M's to turn in and since I'm always on the hunt for a nude lipstick I figured I'd give Myth a try. I had also heard rave reviews on Myth from several magazines. TBH, I'm not sure about this lipstick. I'm NC40 skintone and I find that it is very light on my lips. I will agree that if your looking for that "androgenous look" this is perfect. I did swatched this on the back of my hand at the store, and it looked like a very nude beige w/slight pink undertones so I thought this would be perfect. However when I wear it alone I get a concealer look. The color has alot of grey casts to it. I did apply it using MAC's Hodgepodge liner and topped it w/NARS Turrkish Delight and it was pretty. I'm kinda torn b/c on it's own I don't like it. When I add other colors and a liner to it it's good. A good lipstick IMO shouldn't need other adjustments. I also tried dabbing it on vs swiping it on and it was better. With Myth I find that I could easily achieve the same look by using concealer on my lips and adding a liner and gloss to it. As far as it being dry it is. I would recommend exfoliating your lips prior and also use chapstick before applying, because it will accentuate any dry spots/lines. I'm giving Myth 3 lippies b/c I've only tried it once and I feel as though I need to experiment w/different looks before I give up on it.