MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have not bought this lipstick because it looks horrible on me. From reviews and posts of other fair skinned ladies, this is strictly for warm toned skin. I put it on and it cancels me out - makes me look dead!!! Same with Blankety... YUCK!!!! NC15/NW20 for reference.

this is my fave nude l/s. it goes perfect with my nc20 skintone. my only complaint is the drying factor. cant really be used daily because itll dry ur lips out terriblyy. even with l/g. n the thing i hate about using l/g with it is it usually doesnt last as long. honestly though i have yet to find a nude l/s that isnt drying.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE THIS!!! When I first tried this on at the MAC counter I was appalled it looked awful but after reading reviews I decided to give it a go and I a SO glad I did. This is a lipstick you will probably not pull off alone. I dab this on my lips not swipe across like a regular lipstick. I wear it with a light pink lip liner and a light pink gloss. It smells so wonderful like all MAC l/s. I especially love to wear it at night with a black dramatic smokey eye look. I will definitely be purchasing this again

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this lipstick on my search for the perfect nude. It looked horrible. Just didnt go well with my complexion. NC30 for reference. I ordered it online so wasnt too sure about the color. But when I got it, it seemed more like a concealer than lipstick.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The color didn't do anything for me. I'm naturally really pale and bought this on a whim at my mac store. The color looked so bad on me and really washed me out.

First off, I don't even own this anymore. Gave it to my sister to see if she could work with it. This is the most drying lipstick I have ever tried. It is soo cakey and nasty. I thought it would be a light pink/nude but no. This is.. skin colored. It literally washes away your lips so you look lipless!!! If I wore this in public id probably be laughed at. I brought this back into mac to see if they could give me tips and the lady didn't even know what to do!!! I now stay away from this type of mac lipstick. I believe it was a satin? I won't even try another color from this type.
Fail, mac, fail.

This lipstick is ok, nothing special. I have the creme d'nude as well, and feel much about the same about them both, although the creme d 'nude is not as drying. They fade quickly, look patchy quickly and if you're looking for a moisturising lipstick,these are not it.Also I don't understand where the "satin" comes into it , it's drying , name is misleading.I'm nw15 -20 and myth just makes me look washed out. It is a nice colour it just dosen't suit me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This color is one of MAC best-selling colors

i do like the color but i usually don't wear it alone, it's useful for cutting down brighter colors or creating a base to put brighter colors over. texture is quite dry and not very buildable.

I love this lipstick.. Just because most people say this makes you look washed out, lipless, dead, etc. it depends how you're applying it. So if anyone were to use it you don't sweep it across your lips from side to side unless you want it to look like you have no lips lol, DAB IT! also, i apply a lipgloss over it & wala!

When I bought this lipstick, I had no real concept of what a nude lipstick was and what it was supposed to do. I had only been drawn to brights. My understanding was that a nude lipstick was supposed to make your lips the same colour as your face (I know!!) and that's what this did, so I purchased it. Didn't know if I liked it, but I'd heard nude lips were on trend, so I got it.

When I saw it in natural light I hated it. I tried a light hand, a full sheath of colour, overlining with it.. I hated them all. Honestly, it made me look like I had a skin disease.

But I'm giving this a 4 because eventually I got the hang. It won't come as any surprise - the key to making this work is lipliner. The one I use religiously with this lippie is Rimmel 1000 Kisses liner in Tiramisu (an orangey neutral - very similar to the colour of Estee Lauder's Crystal Baby.) And once I worked that out I've worn it on a few nights out and got compliments for it. Definitely not an everyday lipstick for me and would never wear it in the daytime.

Am quite excited by other people's suggestions. Will definitely try mixing it with some other lipsticks and seeing what I can come up with.

One for those who like to experiment - and a challenge.

Recommended for Medium Skin