September 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i was at rite aid today, and i remembered that i needed a powder for my purse. I have a skin tone that is light-medium, so i picked this TruBlend powder in the #3 shade (translucent honey). I thought that it was going to me a little dark because ideally, my skin tone would be a 2 1/2, but they dont make it, so i had to settle for #3. Anyways, when i got home, i thought it was going to be too dark, but after i blended it, it was perfect. I had no makeup on my face and i have some break outs and it was able to balance out the redness without me putting any concealer or foundation on. Love it! I will buy it again before i go to Europe!!!! I also like that it is oil free because i tend to break out around that time of the month. I am actually thinking about buying another one...one for the house and one for my purse!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great staple that you can afford to try and will probably end up liking a lot. Cover Girl is pretty good with the powders, which makes sense, as it should be really difficult to screw up such a simple product. These come in a wide variety of shades, control shine, and are great for setting foundation, mineral and liquid. The packaging sucks but that's not what I purchased it for anyway.

The only downside is that they tend to crumble pretty quickly, which means they aren't great for traveling. Weird huh- you want a portable product when you buy pressed powder. But that's not such a big deal, as I don't take mine outside my vanity area. It's annoying though, because by the time you hit pan, the remainder of the powder will just end up crumbling and you lose a lot of product. I'll try the loose powders to avoid this problem, but still, if my mom was using Cover Girl pressed powder back in the day, you know it's not gimmicky and is here to stay. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is about cover girl products lately. The quality is just not the same. This powder, along with Ultimate Finish and Fresh Complexion, leaves my skin chalky and dull. It goes on even and looks ok for about an hour then I wind up looking ashy and washed out. I used TruBlend for about 2 years but lately it's just not doing it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Steelsheen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating = 5
Price= 3
Packaging Quality= 4
Would you buy this product again?= yes

initially, i bought this with a purpose simply as a mattifying powder to set my mineral powder foundation. but when i put it on this has such great, smooth coverage almost like a foundation, with the added benefit that it keeps my face from oiling up too quickly (i have combination skin with an overactive T-zone). i combine this with a mattifying primer/ moisturizer and its kept the shine away at the longest about 9-10 hours. i could feel the grease bubbling from my T-zone a little after lunch but my face doesnt shine, first time its ever happened since i started using powder on my face! heck this baby has pretty much replaced that expensive foundation LOL. a treasure if ever i saw one!

i'm giving it a 4/5 lippies because the powder in the compact i have isnt as finely milled. on one area you can easily see the little bits of "clumped" powder, compared with the other parts thats smooth. its really more of a quality control issue,

edit: bumping this up to 5 lippies, i've never had so many people compliment my skin since i started using this LOL. and i've bought this again, so far no clumps whatsoever. good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by iheartsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont use concealer or foundation. after ive moisturized, i apply my makeup and put on pressed powder last. applying it with a face brush really helps to not make it look caked on. ive been using this stuff since high school and i really love it. no break outs, no nothing... i like this stuff because its a great quality product and its cheap. im asian and i use translucent honey. its the perfect match for my skin tone!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by gateaufab

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. I don't need a lot of coverage but my skin does get oily so this product is perfect. I don't use the pad that it comes with because I find that a powder brush works so much better. I've had trouble finding a shade that matches my fair skin but this is amazing, and it isn't cakey like other products. Also, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this doesn't affect it at all, it's that gentle. I buy it again and again, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Dquinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have always spent a lot of money on powder foundation because it's hard to find something that matches my skin tone and doesn't break me out. I bought this when I was short on cash and out of my Mac Studio Fix. I took a chance and I'm SO glad that I did. I love this product! It goes on smooth and matches my skin tone perfectly. I haven't had any trouble with breakouts and I've been using it for 4 weeks now. I've found that even on lazy nights, when I "forget" to wash my face, it doesn't leave my skin a mess in the morning. But that said, it's best to wash it off :) Overall, I love this and it's for sure my go to pressed powder until I marry my rich husband and can spend money like a mad woman in the most expensive makeup!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

I had the old formula. Not much to say about this. It's a powder. The shade looked nice and natural. I didn't like the smell very much; it smells kind of like the soap you blow bubbles with or something. I got it in a package with the TruBlend foundation and I actually ended up using it by itself a lot. It's pretty average.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got this in translucent light. While it goes on and covers well enough, it's not especially translucent. The compact is a little on the cheesey side; I opened it one day and the mirror fell out. I will probably not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by harrietkao

The translucent medium shade is a good match for my medium toned Asian skin. The powder goes on smoothly and doesn't cake or look obvious; it seems to do a good job of keeping my skin matte without making it look it I am wearing powder. It minimizes the appearance of my pores but not as much as I'd like, hence the 4 and not 5 lippies. Still, I'd repurchase this again, mostly because the color is a good match, it evens out my skin and keeps it matte without looking obvious, and it's cheap.