November 26, 2014 | 1815 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Believe13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer has medium coverage. It doesn't stay long and creases. The brush makes it easy to apply and the concealer blends in easily. I guess for the price it is an okay concealer, but nothing amazing. I wouldn't purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Queenie9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't cover zits at all, which is so frustrating because... Well, it's concealer, is it not?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by floz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best point: A very, natural glowy (almost dewy) finish - this almost doubles as a highlighter (a la Touche Eclat!)
Worst point: More shades would be a bonus, as with many drugstore brands
Good for: Undereye circles, redness
Bad for: Blemishes which 'stick out', anything lumpy or bumpy!

I was very impressed with this concealer - I tend to prefer high end makeup but I bought this on a whim, frustrated because my current concealers weren't covering my undereye circles.

I bought this in shade W1 which is a good match for my NC20ish warm skintone, and I feel the yellow tone is perfecting for covering redness, and blueish undereye circles. It's pretty versatile! The coverage could be higher (it's about medium) but I prefer this level of coverage is it looks very natural and there's no creasing or caking.

I don't reccommend this so much for covering spots or uneven texture, as its glowy finish might highlight the problem area - it sort of makes spots stick out more! However, for redness around the nose and for under the eyes it lifts the whole face, covers well and looks beautiful. For spots which aren't totally flat, I would reccommend something more matte.

I find this lasts very well, and even longer with a setting powder. I've come across concealers that last longer (EL's Double Wear beats this by an hour or two) but this is better than average (about 6 hours on oily summer skin, but only about 4 if I've been exercising and sweating a lot).

The packaging is easy to use - the cap twists off which is nice (no coming off accidentally!) and the applicator is just easy. It's small and lightweight, which I love as my makeup bag is already full to the brim, haha:)
A concealer brush can blend this extra well but isn't necessary as it does blend well with fingers. Also, this goes on well over foundation without messing up the foundation and getting weird and cakey.

I'm so pleased with this, I will definitely be re-purchasing! This stands out against all the other concealers I've tried, drugstore or high end. It's just awesome!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a good concealer for undereyes, and pigmentation - basically anything that is not popping out of your face. It doesn't work too well with pimples because the pimple looks even more prominent after the application of this concealer! The horror!

It stays on the whole day, after setting it with some loose powder. The coverage is pretty decent, and quite buildable as well.

Would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a to-go concealer for daily usage :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by laurenbtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Best coverage out of any concealer I've tried. Most of the time I use it as foundation with a foundation brush by putting dots of it on my face then blending in a downward motion. However, it can make your skin more oily than usual, so people with really oily skin NEED a powder over it and preferably blotting papers for later in the day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't typically wear concealer or foundation of any kind, but I bought this to cover up a light blemish that showed up one day and it worked wonderfully. Concealers that I've used in the past were off with my skin tone or dried out my skin, but this product offers the option of a warm-toned or cool-toned color, which is a huge plus, and blended into my skin perfectly. It did not dry my skin out either. I occasionally use this in the under-eye area to hide bags, and it works well. The brush makes it easy to apply and the packaging has never leaked in my bag. Since I use this once in a blue moon, it has been in my makeup bag for almost a year, and it hasn't dried out or discolored yet! I'm glad to know that this product has a good shelf life. It is also quite inexpensive, another huge plus.

For someone with generally very clear skin and even skin tone, like me, this will do the job; however, I can see this product not being as effective for someone with more problematic skin.

***UPDATE 5/22/14: Nearly a year after writing my first review, I am still using the EXACT tube of concealer that was sitting in my makeup bag, meaning I've been using the same opened tube for almost two years now. The product is still true to color and has NOT dried out! I am impressed. Mind you that I don't need to use it everyday, just when I have slightly uneven skin tone or a blemish from time to time, but this goes to show how long this product can last you. When I am having one of those days and need to even out my skin tone, I blend a brush stroke's worth of this concealer with a dollop of my daily face moisturizer in the palm of my hand. Works great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer's pretty good, but definitely not the best. PROS: covers well, cancels red/blue tones in skin CONS: melts off by the end of the day & creases, not transfer resistant

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

This is good concealer. I don't have super bad under eye circles but this definitely covers what I do have. Also, I have a very oily t zone, and normally concealer ends up looking cakey by midday. I purchased this in the shade lighter than my skin and it gives me a great highlight/ concealer coverage w/o caking. Very blendable. Would repurchase and recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by babydoll021

I have combination skin, i don't get many blemishes but the ones i do get are covered brilliantly by this. I have it in the color n 1-2-3 and this is a perfect color match to my fair skin. I really like this but i find it a little heavy. It is easy to blend but a little heavy for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by aimsterdam

Just got this and I love or so far. I was looking for a dupe to mac select moisture cover concealer (I haven't tried that yet) but this loreal one has a similar packaging and consistency. I don't have any acne, just some redness on the cheeks, around the nose, and slightly dark circles and those are the areas that I use this concealer on. it does a nice job concealing, very blendable hence the name. it's pretty expensive for a drugstore brand and for a small amount. I bought it for 8 dollars at target. Personally I think loreal is a very overpriced drugstore brand ,,, for no reason! However I'm happy with the final look that it gives me, I probably won't ever finish it since I like to try out new concealers therefore I'm not sure if I will repurchase.