August 2, 2014 | 1569 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by momo87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff is amazing! my hair feels like its been freshly cut each time I use it! after straightening my hair is feels super smooth.. the straightener just glides over my hair too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A great product if you flat iron your hair a lot. Works well as a smoother when applied to wet hair before styling, and also as a finished. Nice salon smell as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ehouston

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using Biosilk in my early teens (I am now 26) when my aunt, a hairdresser, used it on me after blow drying my hair. I have thick unruly curly hair that tends to frizz but have very oily scalp and dry ends. I have tried a ridiculous amount of products and always come back to this. Biosilk is lightweight and easy to spread. I use a dime sized amount on my wet hair spread evenly and heat style then a small amount after styling, when I wear my hair curly I mix in my hand a dime size amount biosilk and about 3-4 pumps of a curl cream (biotera at the moment) and either air dry or use a diffuser. Whatever product is left on my hand I rub on my elbows and/or knees. Pricing may seem high but the large bottle will last a little over a year for me. I have paid the same amount for a smaller bottle or organic argan oil at a health food store and while it had done wonders for my skin, it made my hair super oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I didn't just buy a big bottle of this. I found the large bottle for $29 (instead of $40 which I've seen elsewhere) so I went for it since the other bottle was tiny. I'm going to try to take it back.

This didn't work for me but I since it does for so many others, I think it's probably because of how dry and damaged my hair is. I have dyed it sooo many times and used to blow-dry, tease and curl it a lot. This product seems to sit on top of my hair making it look kinda coated and greasy and just basically made it look worse.

I noticed in a bit of time it started to maybe sink in or something and look (slightly) better, but that doesn't matter because I can't get over the smell, which I hate. It smells strong and chemical-y like a dry cleaners or bounce sheets and it gave me almost an immediate headache. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

Unlike the biosilk shampoo and conditioner, I love the silk therepy- for both my hair AND my hands. I use this product at the very end of my hait routine. The minute I am done flat ironing my hair, i put a quarter size amount in my hands, rub my hands together like a lotion and then apply it to my hait- starting witg my ends and working my way up. Its important to start at the ends because more of the product is needed at the ends for silkiness, to help with the split ends and any frizzy fly aways you may have. Also, if you start at your roots- your hair may get greasy. I dont havr a problem with this product ever making my hair greasy, but if you add too much to your roots- it can weigh it down a bit. This product gets 5two stars just for the smell of it. Everytime I put this in my hair, when I give my husband a hug- I can feel him nuzzle his nose in my hair because it smells so good. NO JOKE! I also love that the product lasts forever, so the price is really worth it. After doing a little research, i found that this balm is also used for extremely dry hands- which is why I put a little extra on my hands and rub them together before applying to my hair. If you havent tried this product, I recommend that you do. I buy the big bottles now, but they also have small ones you can buy to try out before you commit to a huge bottle!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this a while ago, and was hesitant to post my review because I seem to be very much in the minority on my experience with this product. First, I have to say, I love the smell of this. It reminds me of beach houses and the incredible clean smells that fill the air when someone is taking a shower outdoors. However, that is the only good thing I have to say. It does nothing for my hair at all--if anything, it makes it difficult to style because it leaves an icky coating on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by genanajs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this product and i find it ok but it doesn`t give me that brilliant shine it only last for a day now im going to try the chi and see which works better

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pricey but well worth it. Smells so wonderful, fresh and clean. It's like stepping out of a salon each time I use it.
I use it after I style my hair and it makes my dry-over-processed hair look smooth, soft and bouncy.
Ít's my HG hair product and I will most definitely buy again.
I just have to search for a cheaper place to buy this because I got it at A$40 at the Korean Salon I frequent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by TamTamF104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is absolutely amazing. My hairsresser started using it on my color treated hair when you could only get it in salons. Makes my hair silky smooth after flat ironing, and tames it when I wear it curly. Doesnt make it greasy like Chi does. Smells lovely too. People always compliment me on the smell. The price is well worth it, as a little goes a LONG way. A bottle will last me a year. The only problem I have is that my 16 year old daughter discovered it, and wont leave it alone. Her hair is down to her waist and she still only uses a dime size amount. We cant live without this product !!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product since I was 12 years old and I'm 20 now. If that's not enough proof that this product is amazing I don't know what is. I used this when I got my hair straightened at the hair dressers when I was younger, she put just a small amount in my hair after she straightened it. It made my hair SO shiny and soft and smell lovely. From then on I have been using it in my hair after I straighten my hair or even if my hair is in its natural state to make it soft and shiny. When my hair feels super dry and needs to quench its thirst this is definitely the perfect product.
Biosilk is really lightweight and does not weigh down your hair or make it greasy like I feel Moroccan oil does. The smell of this is divine and everyone asks me what I have in my hair. The price of this varies, if you get it from a salon it is a bit pricey but I have recently discovered you can get the giant bottle for $20 at Marshalls which is awesome compared to the $40 price tag at the salon. Also, if you feel $20 is still pricey (you're crazy!) a little goes a LONG way. My $40 bottle (biggest size) has lasted me over 2 years!! And I use it more than once daily. I would recommend this to people with any type of hair but if you have oily hair DO NOT use this on your roots. Perfect product, definitely an HG.