November 26, 2014 | 1744 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

This is a great neutral shade for anyone! I used to wear this every day in the summer, especially at work. It was perfect especially because I tend not to wear any foundation in the summer, just a light amount of bronzer and blush. This was a good addition since it didn't look like I was wearing heavy lipstick. I would always have people commenting on how my lips looked shimmery.
It is a lustre formula so not very pigmented, but I would say that if you like something that lasts a little longer than a lipgloss but is still slightly shiny/moisturising, this is it.
I originally got this in a Back 2 MAC and then re-purchased it after that. I will probably get a new one for this summer as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

This my HG nude lipstick. I had a hard time finding a nude lippie that did not make me look like a dead fish (think Myth, omg scary). I tried Blankety, Creme d 'Nude, same thing. Just blah, nothing special and drowned me out. So I went strolling by my MAC counter for an e/s and the MA had such pretty lips, asked what she used and it was High Tea with Love Nectar on top. I already had Love Nectar, love it so tried the lippie and had to have it. My lips are pigmented very pink so this color really neutralized the pink but not so much that I got the dead fishy look, prob cause its a lustre. But it is a gorgeous nude color with slight shimmer that you would not notice on your lips, not frosty. Very neutral and looks great w/ just about any makeup you have on. I will continue to purchase this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by gotlipstick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I usually always do a nude pale lip. I have a lot of Mac favorites, Creme De Nude, Siss, Peachstock, all which are on the opaque side. Sometimes you need just a casual nude look for a less made up look. I went to my Mac counter the other day to try several Lustre colors on. I have to say, in the store High Tea looked a little blah. I loved the way it looked in the tube though. I read many of the reviews of it and so many of you guys w/my coloring loved it. I figured the best way was to buy it and look at it in my bathroom lighting. (hate to return things, but it's an option). Rushed to my mirror when I got home and applied it w/Cork for a little definition then w/Oak for blending.......OMG, I really love it! Just the look and color I was going for. Glad I took a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by JJPorter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick, it is a great everyday pretty nude. Will always have this handy in my makeup bag. Don't really use it in my kit much as it is a little glossy so doesn't have as mush staying power as a matt lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by glamgal33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this for a light, sheer everyday nide look. It is moisterizing with a bit of shine and shimmer. Very classic and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE SHORT: High Tea is undoubtedly my most used lip color. Itís been in my collection for 5 years or so as a heavily rotated, I donít know how many tubes Iíve had. The only way it could be perfect is if the formula was moisturizingÖ.due to the drying formula, I actually give High Tea a 4.75 instead of a solid 5 :P

COLOR: A pearly sheer beige with a touch of pinkÖitís like a ylbb/nude/beige-pink. In some lighting itís more pink than others (like on a gray overcast day). I canít say Iíve ever found a dupe for the colorÖsome are close but too pink, too orange, too frosty etc. What I *love* about High TeaÖlike absolutely cannot get enough of, is the pearl finish, itís just gorgeous, sexy enough to wear on a date yet in combination with the color, itís suitable for the office as well when worn lightly. I wear High Tea on its own a lot, but I really like it with a nude lipliner like Rimmelís Addiction or UDís Naked.

FORMULA: Lustres and I donít get along so well, I find them drying (yet, strangely, I can wear MACís mattes without issue, go figure). Sheer and as easy to apply as a sheer gloss without a mirror, but your lips need to be in good condition because High Tea will emphasize chapped lips. Lasting power is poor as with most sheer lipsticks, but with how easy it is to apply, this really isnít an issue.

MY COLORING: nw15-20ish, reddish/pigmented lips, light olive green eyes and hair color is *always* changing (black, red, purple, blonde etc)ÖHigh Tea has looked good no matter what hair color Iíve worn.
continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mama2noah07

I absolutely ADORE this color. I purchased it along with Nymphette and Ample Pink and it looks fabulous under both. It's the most flattering neutral beige-pink color. The formula is great too. Not drying, glides on very smoothly. The MAC associate that helped me said the Luster formulas are more sheer and let your natural lips come through, which is exactly what I wanted. This is really a gorgeous lip stick!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by kristinq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this lipstick. A good natural looking nude. It looks great when paired with a nude lipgloss but I don't think i would wear it along. I like the formula. It doesn't feel like it is drying out my lips like some lipsticks do. I am going back and forth about buying it again. I think i will probably shop around when I get finished with it to see if I can find something I like better. If nothing leaps out at me I'd go back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This is a smooth, sheer beige color with a slight shine and buildable pigmentation to it. It looks really nice on my NC30 skin. I love this to wear to school because it doesn't look like I'm too done up or trying too hard, yet it makes me look polished. I will definitely be reaching for this a lot, and I do plan on repurchasing it when I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by alyssaraquel

Such a pretty lipstick! A beige with a tiny bit of shimmer. It feels very good on your lips. On my lips though it is very sheer and adds very little color! I still love it though since its gives a great sheen to my lips and a little bit of color!