December 22, 2014 | 1685 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - First Base Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by moonfairy1580

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this! I bought this is October, use it almost every day, and have hardly made a dent in it. Which is good, because I normally DONT pay $16.00 for make up. I like to use it under my mineral eyeshadows, but I can't use too much, or it makes it crease. It's also great as is for eyeshadow with a little mascara. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2004 1:01:00 AM More reviews by yourprincessleah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i didnt really like this product when i first got it..but lately ive rediscovered it, and changed my mind. ive used a million eyeshadow bases, and most of them are okay, nothing phenomenal though. with first base my eyeshadow is way more intense than with mac paints, easier to blend, doesnt crease. love it. the only thing i really dont like is that its so shimmery for an eyeshadow base.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2004 5:50:00 AM More reviews by chiarascura

Like most of Too-Faced's stuff, it's prettily packaged and pricey. I bought this hoping it would prevent creasing and would increase eyeshadow staying power. It did not do either. Apparently, its job is to adhere glitter, which I guess it could do, but I doubt it'd be much better than any good, thick eye cream. The saving grace of this product is that, when you put it on by itself, you get a light, golden sheen on your lids. I use it as a browbone/lower lid highlighter if I am wearing browns/golds, or as an eyeshadow if I am going for a light, summery look. It works well enough as an eyeshadow or highlighter, but is utterly useless as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2004 4:31:00 AM More reviews by autumnkitty13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUCK! NOT for anyone with oily/greasy eyelids. Made my usually very nicely wearing MAC shadows a greasy creasy mess. Don't care for the limiting gold sparkly tint either. If you need an eyeshadow base to help your eyeshadow to have longer staying power or to achieve a more pigmented look, try using Studio Fix concealor (in your exact shade) all over your eyelid and brow instead. This is on my swap list - definitely will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff! i'm a shimmery/glitter lover and this is perfect for me. tons...i mean TONS of shimmer and shine. a bunch of tiny, micro glitters...very tiny you wont even feel them. i like to use it as a base for my matte shadows if i want to turn them shimmery. or as a highlighter. cute product and definately a must have if you're into glitters.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by johnstom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy Grail! I love this shimmery cream. Use it sparingly, and it will add a shimmer dimension to any eyeshadow. Don't use too much, or it will crease! Just sweep across your lid with your finger, then apply shadow with a brush. I will buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has become a makeup case staple! It's easy to apply and delivers noticeable results. When used, eyeshadow colors have more depth and significant staying power. I've also noticed that it keeps glitter-based eyeshadows from dripping glitter all over my face. I love to use it with the Nars "Night" eyeshadow shades. UPDATE: While I still think this a great product, Urban Decay's Primer Potion is even better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2004 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jago

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks! The secret is to pat your eyeshadow on top of it (even if using a brush) not to spread, stroke, swipe, or rub. It does make your eyeshadow shimmery, as the others have said. Just remember, pat pat pat! :)
UPDATE
Okay, I don't like this as much as I thought I did. Any humidity at all, and my eyeshadow was gone. And the glitter is so big it would sometimes make my shadow look clumpy. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kitchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't find this product to be a very good base, as it creases way too easily, however, I do like the fact that it will turn any shadow into a shimmery one! Perfect because matte shadows make my eyes look blah, but there just happens to be so many matte shadow colours I like!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 10:55:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

This base is EXTREMELY SHIMMERY - almost pearlescent. I apply it lightly to minimize the shimmers - but it still makes my shadow look shimmery. It's a cream base which can also be used without any shadow for a simple shimmery look. It does last a long time and prevents creasing. I just wish I got the a matte formula :) UPDATE: Urban Decay Primer Potion is the best e/s primer - ever. Get that instead.