April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There are very few Chanels I can wear, because the classic notes with jasmine and ylang-ylang usually sour on me. Cristalle works very well for me, though. I have a small decant of the edp which I dab on from time to time. It starts out crisp and screaming GREEN. Then it fades softly to a delicious honeysuckle, lilac, and citrus scent, with just a hint of wet moss, giving it depth. It is always pretty and classy. There are no weird notes or sourness ever. Though it is light, it lasts all day. It doesn't exactly stand out in the field of memorable Chanels, but I always enjoy wearing it, and would enjoy a full bottle. I I have never tried the edt, which is supposed to have more "sparkle" and freshness than the edp. Either way, I would guess this is a very light and wearable Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by tifflet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first wore this in the EDT version back in the early '80's in high school.
I used up two bottles, and then moved on to Poison and Guess. Oops, I am really dating myself. Anyway, bought the EDP a few years ago because it is one summer fragrance I have always loved. The EDP is a bit heavier than the EDT, but has the same components. I like it better because it lasts longer on my dry skin. This will always be in my fragrance rotation, because it is unique and it works on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2007 8:04:00 PM More reviews by alicology

Blech. No thank you, Chanel. My mother grew up with Cristalle, though, and in her fifties now, she still adores it for its light and clean citrus qualities. So, I've given it two lippies as she must like it to have been wearing it for all these years! Sadly, on me, I smell nothing but Cif bathroom cleaner with a nasty synthetic bitterness although that dies down to almost nothing after an hour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The fragrance has been sitting in my cabinet for almost one year. I have not been able to warm up to it. I find that the fragrance changes as the day goes by. My favorites from Chanel are #19 and Allure.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by freudian_slip

I have never been confused by a scent before but with this one I am! It smells clean but I feel as though it has a very chemical-ish scent and smells really synthetic. It reminds me of house hold cleaning product with bleach in it. It kinda has a floral note, but I can barely smell it! It also has hints of pine and a outdoorsy smell too. Lasting power isn't that great either. Overall this is one Chanel scent I can do without!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Pollars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think Christalle smells like bug spray with a dash of lemon in it. I don't find too many of the Chanel perfumes appealing. I did wear them when I was younger, but not too crazy about them now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:23:00 AM More reviews by skullaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells like lemonade and bleach. It is a clean, light scent at least.

I used to like it until I realized that fact. I gave mine away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cristalle is your typical lemony goodness 70s scent in the vein of your diorellas, eau d'hadrien, etc etc. I remember when my mom bought the EDT back in the late 80s (before the EDP was even made) ...trying it as a teenager, the EDT smelled off on me. A few months ago, I was wearing Coco Mademoiselle (drastically different smell) and it seemed like everyone aroudn me was wearing it, so I decided to go buy something new. I tried the EDP and fell in love. The dry down is nice, and it smells a lot more understated than Coco Mademoiselle. Also a lot less people wear it, so you don't smell like the girl next to you, or your boyfriend's ex girlfriend or whatever. Evidently the EDT and EDP are two different perfumes. I can buy that because the EDP has more depth and more peach and lilac, the EDT is more crisp and the lemon and tobacco notes more pronounced.

I understand the EDP was made by Jacques Polge to create a more "year round" scent but it is still spring-summer to me. I am one of the few Cristalle lovers who likes both the EDP and EDT and find that I can layer and use both. I am also not ant-Polge like some hardcore Chanel fraggies, his stuff is fine (with the possible exception of Allure but I digress) and I think the EDP is faithful to the original. What I do is put on the EDP in the morning and use the EDT to "update" when I want to put on more (after lunch, before going out to dinner etc). There is something really refreshing (and the spray function is even different from the EDP) about spritzing on the EDT after lunch on a hot day. Love it!

Cristalle has become my signature scent, and I do have the nerve to try and wear it in the winter (although I may jump over to more wintery scents from time to time) I think Cristalle is just odd enough a fragrance that I might be able to hold on to it for a while. It really is odd, just wear it with an open mind and you will see what a masterpiece it is amongst all these cheap perfumes that all smell the same.

One thing weird about Cristalle for me is that my husband, who has a very sensitive nose, does not say anything about Cristalle. He is extremely opinionated and is the type to complain vehemently at the first whiff of something off. He barely notices when I have it on and has neither good nor bad to say about Cristalle. For me that is a good thing, it makes me feel like it blends into my skin and makes it that more of a signature scent for me.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Much too sharp and much too biting. I smell pine needles, evergreen trees and synthetic chemicals. No thank you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

With the warm burst of spring weather we've had here in New England, I've taken a shine to these sunshine filled scents that just add more warmth to the warmer weather and/or add a little refreshment and coolness on those warmer days; Chanel Cristalle is one of those classic scents that feels/smells so good when the weather warms up. Despite all the other citrus scents out there these days, Cristalle remains classic. I remember years ago my older sister was about 21 (which made me about 17) she bought a bottle -- wore it for a while and decided it wasn't quite her. As luck would have it she bestowed me with this sparkling beauty. It was as if she had truly presented me with a treasure! Not only did this amazing sister pass on her knowledge that normally goes from older sisters to younger ones -- but she was a sensual woman, years above the maturity of 21; she had a fondness for tea, awesome music, cats, reading AND she was quite the aromaphile! I loved her for giving me that bottle of Cristalle and for offering me the opportunity to enjoy the finer things/more sensual side of life. Every time I smell Cristalle, I remember that day; even though it was indeed a little cloudy and cool --- upon that first spritz of Cristalle my world felt alittle more sunny and bright. Cristalle banishes the glooms away -- lifts the spirit and energizes the mind. Even after 24 years it still makes me smile. Now that my sister has recently passed away -- her memory and all the lessons of life she taught me are embellished when I spritz on Cristalle. It's amazing how scent has the ability to take you back-- help you to remember the treasures of your past and loved ones who are gone from our sight.... but never really gone in our hearts. I am so glad she gave me that bottle of Cristalle to remember her by. And even though I don't have the actual bottle (too many moves and crashes in 24 years!) I do have the memories that the scent of Cristalle conjures up and those can never be broken.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No