Chanel Cristalle

3.8

on 5/24/2008 4:57:00 PM

Many years ago I wore Cristalle edt, so I was interested in trying the edp when a friend said she would forward a sample. I do see the difference between them. The edt, as I recall, had a more metallic(?) feel to it, was a bit drier and more herbal. The edp is more floral and reminds me a little of Diorella, though that one is peachy, and Cristalle edp is not fruity but for the lemon. Both have citrus, florals and vetiver, however, which is a lovely combination. Cristalle edp doesn't last very long on my skin, unfortunately, though I could splash it on with abandon like an eau de cologne (if it came in a splash bottle) - the perfect summer refresher, but I would wear it year round. Perhaps a body lotion underneath would give it more longevity. I will definitely purchase a full bottle sometime in the future. A timeless classic, this one.

on 5/22/2008 12:13:00 PM

While I like to collect and sample fragrances and have a ton of them, this is one of the few that I consistently love. I also like Narciso Rodriguez Her and Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien ... but this has a bit more of a floral undertone than the Hadrien. It goes on fresh and a bit green but then it dries down to this light, floral with a little something extra. I have actually used up bottles of this which I have never done with any other fragrance. And when the euro was not as strong, I would treat myself to a bottle in duty free on visits. Bottle looks gorgeous in the typical Chanel way but my most recent bottle had the spritzer fall apart on me and on another bottle, I had the silver band detach fm the black plastic of the cap. Don't know if that is a design flaw.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

OH, this is one of my favourite frags for spring – summer…
Sooo fresh! So distinctive! So elegant!
It reminds me of a early morning summer walk in a Sicilian garden, full of blossoming trees and white flowers, with fresh laundry hanging from the lines…
There is plenty of fresh, citrusy notes but also a white floral part, that lingers around and truly stays with you all day long.
An hymn to a classic, elegant, understated, young femininity.
A perfume I would recommend to every young woman!
Definitely a must!

Base notes
Oakmoss, Vetiver

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I desperately wanted to like this, for the description on the Chanel website seemed to beckon for me...."Fresh, floral. A melody of Citrus, Honeysuckle and Hyacinth notes.... CRISTALLE launches with sparkling Lemon from Sicily meeting the green and flowery notes of Water Hyacinth and Honeysuckle, followed by the woody charm of Vetiver." Wow... sounded perfect for me... Well, maybe the beckoning was a hand motion telling me to "keep it moving" (like a policeman's hand signal)... Cristalle manifests with way too much vetiver for my taste. I got none of the beautfiul citrus and only a glimpse of the honeysuckle. However, it is a very well made composition, so for that I will give it 3 lippies...

on 1/26/2008 3:40:00 PM

This review is for the EDT. This is actually the first Chanel that I can wear, as the others I tend to find overbearing. It's a very light, refreshing scent. If you don't have a sensitive nose, you might miss a lot that it has going on, also. To me, it starts out with a smidge of citrus and then becomes a gorgeous dry green. If I didn't know better, I would think this had orris in it--perhaps it's vetiver that lends it dryness. There is no sourness, no sharpness to me--it's well balanced and overall, wholly pleasant.

on 12/20/2007 10:32:00 AM

There are very few Chanels I can wear, because the classic notes with jasmine and ylang-ylang usually sour on me. Cristalle works very well for me, though. I have a small decant of the edp which I dab on from time to time. It starts out crisp and screaming GREEN. Then it fades softly to a delicious honeysuckle, lilac, and citrus scent, with just a hint of wet moss, giving it depth. It is always pretty and classy. There are no weird notes or sourness ever. Though it is light, it lasts all day. It doesn't exactly stand out in the field of memorable Chanels, but I always enjoy wearing it, and would enjoy a full bottle. I I have never tried the edt, which is supposed to have more "sparkle" and freshness than the edp. Either way, I would guess this is a very light and wearable Chanel.

on 12/15/2007 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I first wore this in the EDT version back in the early '80's in high school.
I used up two bottles, and then moved on to Poison and Guess. Oops, I am really dating myself. Anyway, bought the EDP a few years ago because it is one summer fragrance I have always loved. The EDP is a bit heavier than the EDT, but has the same components. I like it better because it lasts longer on my dry skin. This will always be in my fragrance rotation, because it is unique and it works on me.

on 11/25/2007 8:04:00 PM

Blech. No thank you, Chanel. My mother grew up with Cristalle, though, and in her fifties now, she still adores it for its light and clean citrus qualities. So, I've given it two lippies as she must like it to have been wearing it for all these years! Sadly, on me, I smell nothing but Cif bathroom cleaner with a nasty synthetic bitterness although that dies down to almost nothing after an hour.

on 11/18/2007 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The fragrance has been sitting in my cabinet for almost one year. I have not been able to warm up to it. I find that the fragrance changes as the day goes by. My favorites from Chanel are #19 and Allure.

I have never been confused by a scent before but with this one I am! It smells clean but I feel as though it has a very chemical-ish scent and smells really synthetic. It reminds me of house hold cleaning product with bleach in it. It kinda has a floral note, but I can barely smell it! It also has hints of pine and a outdoorsy smell too. Lasting power isn't that great either. Overall this is one Chanel scent I can do without!

Popular Fragrances