September 2, 2014 | 1926 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is a really smelly powder. I wish CG would re-vamp it like they did their other products (keep it the same just take out the smell). I do think though that the smell eventually fades and everything's fine. It's a fantastic setting powder but it still has a pink undertone. I have since switched setting powders (to WNW's finishing veil).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when rite aid had a sale. I decided to give it try since it was on sale. I got 115 and its pretty good. I like to set my makeup and its light not too thick or chalky. it does have a weird smell to it. I dont like to use the applicator they give you though. I use my own flat mineral powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I used it alone til last December cuz I didn't need much coverage. I had this in Translucent Medium 115. It did a great job at keeping my face shine-free for up to 6 hrs. HOWEVER!!!! It broke me out like CRAZY! I got under-skin as well as gross fat zits one my forehead within a couple months. Also, it settled over my concealer (Fresh Complexion in Creamy Natural 620) and my under-eye area looked crepey. Plus the application was messy.
I switched over to Fresh Complexion Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural&am very happy to say that my skin's clearing up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I love this to set my foundation with. I used it alot last summer, and I recently found it in my closet with some other makeup, and I am definitley using this again. It sets my foundation so nice, and gives a little coverage as well. Keeps oilies at bay. I wear 115 and if I run out, I will buy again. It is so affordable! The smell isnt bad either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I love this and I have bought countless packages of this stuff! I've been setting my foundation with it for years! It is cheap enough (I go through powder in about 6 weeks) and the color is light enough (105) and matches my yellow-toned skin very well. I don't mind the scent. I guess I'm just used to it. I don't use the puff, but a powder brush, which I think does a better job anyway. Over all, this is a great setting powder for a great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

Will soon be opening my third package of this. I own it in 105 Translucent Light and use it to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation and to give myself a nice matte finish. The smell is awful, but it dissipates. Just a nice loose setting powder. I wouldn't use this for coverage unless you wanted something SUPER sheer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I was looking for a basic setting powder for a cheap price and settled on this. I am using translucent medium which works well with my light/medium beige with yellow tone skin color. Im a little annoyed with the strong flowery perfumey old ladyish scent this powder has but it isnt unbearable. It seems to dissipate after awhile. I dust this over my tinted moisturizer or dusted over some lightly applied concealor. Its a nice natural daytime look that just evens out my skin tone. Its a good basic powder. Cheap & works well. Wish they would tone down the scent though. I will probably get this again unless I come across something better for the price which I doubt. (I tossed the rough junky poof it comes with and I use my big soft fluffy the body shop powder/body brush - much better!)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by stellay

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. This is a good basic loose powder that I use on a nearly daily basis to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation. I use a big powder brush instead of a powder puff so caking is minimal to non-existent. Like several reviewers have stated, the packaging is not the best (the lid on mine chipped a bit), but for under $5, this is a really good everyday standard. I'm sure if I got loose powder from, say, Chanel, I would tell quite a difference between drugstore quality and department/luxury quality, but like I said, for a few bucks, this is a dependable loose powder. And I find the Noxema smell somewhat comforting, in that nostalgic sense.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kim246

I been using this for about a year now. It works a fair amount. Its a mess to use, because the little holes let too much out, the cap dont close completely, and the puffy thing ripped about 2 weeks after I bought it. It does have a weird smell that is kind of strong at times. It sets my liquid foundation pretty well and evens out the color. I found a shade that matches with my skin completely. But it does get creases around my nose. But it does last for at least 6 hours or so. But does need to be replied because it tends to wear off and make my blemishes noticable again. But once its fixed, it last for a fair amount of time. I would buy it again but I know there are better products out there if I had the money & time to try them all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Well, after using pressed powder for many years I've decided to give this a try. First off, the packaging is terrible. My cap cracked and broke in half within.. a month I want to say. Had my friend give me another cap to use. Surprisingly, I actually like the smell. Doesn't bother me. I don't really have anything to compare this to but I'm pretty convinced that there are better powders out there. Leaves my face looking a little cakey and powdery around my nose. The look I've always tried to avoid. I wouldn't necessarily NOT purchase again.. I'm neutral about this product until I find a better one. Any cheap drugstore alternatives?