August 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when rite aid had a sale. I decided to give it try since it was on sale. I got 115 and its pretty good. I like to set my makeup and its light not too thick or chalky. it does have a weird smell to it. I dont like to use the applicator they give you though. I use my own flat mineral powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I used it alone til last December cuz I didn't need much coverage. I had this in Translucent Medium 115. It did a great job at keeping my face shine-free for up to 6 hrs. HOWEVER!!!! It broke me out like CRAZY! I got under-skin as well as gross fat zits one my forehead within a couple months. Also, it settled over my concealer (Fresh Complexion in Creamy Natural 620) and my under-eye area looked crepey. Plus the application was messy.
I switched over to Fresh Complexion Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural&am very happy to say that my skin's clearing up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I love this to set my foundation with. I used it alot last summer, and I recently found it in my closet with some other makeup, and I am definitley using this again. It sets my foundation so nice, and gives a little coverage as well. Keeps oilies at bay. I wear 115 and if I run out, I will buy again. It is so affordable! The smell isnt bad either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I love this and I have bought countless packages of this stuff! I've been setting my foundation with it for years! It is cheap enough (I go through powder in about 6 weeks) and the color is light enough (105) and matches my yellow-toned skin very well. I don't mind the scent. I guess I'm just used to it. I don't use the puff, but a powder brush, which I think does a better job anyway. Over all, this is a great setting powder for a great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

Will soon be opening my third package of this. I own it in 105 Translucent Light and use it to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation and to give myself a nice matte finish. The smell is awful, but it dissipates. Just a nice loose setting powder. I wouldn't use this for coverage unless you wanted something SUPER sheer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I was looking for a basic setting powder for a cheap price and settled on this. I am using translucent medium which works well with my light/medium beige with yellow tone skin color. Im a little annoyed with the strong flowery perfumey old ladyish scent this powder has but it isnt unbearable. It seems to dissipate after awhile. I dust this over my tinted moisturizer or dusted over some lightly applied concealor. Its a nice natural daytime look that just evens out my skin tone. Its a good basic powder. Cheap & works well. Wish they would tone down the scent though. I will probably get this again unless I come across something better for the price which I doubt. (I tossed the rough junky poof it comes with and I use my big soft fluffy the body shop powder/body brush - much better!)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by stellay

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. This is a good basic loose powder that I use on a nearly daily basis to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation. I use a big powder brush instead of a powder puff so caking is minimal to non-existent. Like several reviewers have stated, the packaging is not the best (the lid on mine chipped a bit), but for under $5, this is a really good everyday standard. I'm sure if I got loose powder from, say, Chanel, I would tell quite a difference between drugstore quality and department/luxury quality, but like I said, for a few bucks, this is a dependable loose powder. And I find the Noxema smell somewhat comforting, in that nostalgic sense.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kim246

I been using this for about a year now. It works a fair amount. Its a mess to use, because the little holes let too much out, the cap dont close completely, and the puffy thing ripped about 2 weeks after I bought it. It does have a weird smell that is kind of strong at times. It sets my liquid foundation pretty well and evens out the color. I found a shade that matches with my skin completely. But it does get creases around my nose. But it does last for at least 6 hours or so. But does need to be replied because it tends to wear off and make my blemishes noticable again. But once its fixed, it last for a fair amount of time. I would buy it again but I know there are better products out there if I had the money & time to try them all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Well, after using pressed powder for many years I've decided to give this a try. First off, the packaging is terrible. My cap cracked and broke in half within.. a month I want to say. Had my friend give me another cap to use. Surprisingly, I actually like the smell. Doesn't bother me. I don't really have anything to compare this to but I'm pretty convinced that there are better powders out there. Leaves my face looking a little cakey and powdery around my nose. The look I've always tried to avoid. I wouldn't necessarily NOT purchase again.. I'm neutral about this product until I find a better one. Any cheap drugstore alternatives?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

A friend had bought this, never used it, and gave it to me. The shade is translucent medium. I don't need face powder, but I like trying new things, so I wore it yesterday. The first thing I have to say is I try not to buy CG products because they are not cruelty free, although I have bought the occasional CG item. However, this is a good basic face powder, and a container of it should last you a while. It comes in a sifter jar that is convenient and sturdy enough as long as you're not carrying it around with you (which I don't recommend for loose powder anyway!). I don't like the scent, but I don't find it overwhelming either--once you apply the powder, the smell is gone. The puff is fine--I like using one sometimes--but I used a brush to apply this since the color is a little darker than what I usually wear. The color and texture of the powder are good, and it mattifies and "finishes" foundation well. As to lasting power, I did have to blot my face after a few hours, and then re-powder a couple of hours after that.
I did check the ingredients on this, and the list is very long. It also includes some unnecessary ingredients, such as mineral oil, camphor, and menthol that could possibly irritate sensitive skin.
This is a nice basic face powder at a good price. If I weren't trying to go cruelty-free, I would definitely consider buying this in the light shade if I needed powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No