Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I got this in an Essential Body Kit. It smells horrible! Very rarely does something smell so utterly disgusting that I feel compelled to wash it off and drown my arms in something that actually smells good but this was one of those situations. I didn't have it on long enough to see if it hydrated my skin or not. I gave it a second chance and received the same results. I finally gave it to my mom. So thankful that I didn't pay full price.

A fantastic product. It is absorbed well into the skin and makes it very soft. The scent is divine and well worth the higher than average price tag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another Burt's Bees product which I really wanted to like. This was a gift.

Sadly I just cannot get past the strong and sickly scent, which is predominantly coconut, with a weirdly spicy peppermint layer on top. Very strong, very long-lasting, very not me.

Shame really as the effect of the lotion is smoothing and skin feels moisturised. I thought about just using this up at night as a foot cream, covering immediately with bed socks, but I can't, my dislike of this smell has become a real aversion.

I am disappointed with several of the brand's items because of aroma. I just find Burt's Bees' products too highly and too sweetly scented for my tastes. They use 'fragrance' too - one little word which covers a multitude of unknowable sins. This really lets them down I think.

As for this lotion - not recommended at all, unless you want to smell like a cake shop.

This is one of my absolute favorite lotions. It is a runny (thin) lotion that absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a film or tacky residue. The smell is amazing, although I have a few friends who hate it (definitely smell it before you purchase! But on a side note I have never come across a sour bottle). The smell is hard to describe but very yummy and lingers on the skin which I love. It reminds me of camping because the first time I used it was on a camping trip.

Burts Bees is high quality stuff compared to most drugstore stuff.

The cap sometimes gets clogged but that's nothing a little hot water won't fix. I wish it came in a pump style- its just easier to use that way.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lotion delivers good hydration, although the smell reminds me of a public bathroom. The formula is wonderful though, it's like water for the skin and it just soaks it up without being greasy at all. Moisture lasts until your next shower!

The smell of this is intoxicating, just way too strong. It has this really sweet smell to it, that I think if were toned down a lot would be okay. Right now it just smells like artificial coconut cake and chemicals. And I can smell it really strong after applying it on my arm. This also does a so-so job at moisturizing, and I think it is to do with the thin, runny texture of the lotion. Overall, I'm not pleased with it - it smells rancid/does not moisturize well. I'm glad I only have the mini version I got in the Burt's Essential Body Kit.

EDIT: Okay I'm bumping this up to 3/5 instead of 1/5. The smell isn't so bad/fades after a while, and it certainly smells better than the radiance body lotion that I tried recently. However, I don't think I will repurchase, since there's better lotions out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is for the new version the tube. I have had the bottle version and LOVED it, the smell was awesome. BUT! I bought the new version yesterday and ye gods! It smells so disgusting. When I sniffed it in the bottle it was ok but on me it's a disgusting fakey sweet smell. I thought it had gone rancid or something.

Smell aside, its very moisturizing. I will buy again but not in this scent. I think probably unscented, although the aloe one might be good too. I wish I hadn't thrown away my receipt, I'd exchange it for one of those. Thankfully, the smell does fade.

ETA: I was going to return this until I read the reviews for the other "scents" and read they stink too. So I kept using it, because it is moisturizing, and I'm used to the smell now. So if you keep using it, it probably won't bother you anymore. I'm pretty sensitive to smell. I don't know if I would buy again though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This lotion smells terrible. It is really moisturizing, and it doesn't smell so bad in the tube, but as soon as I rubbed it into my hands I couldn't take the smell. I had to put a scented hand sanitizer on my hands to cover the reeking smell. But, on the bright side, the terrible stench of the lotion kept my hands away from my face, which I usually can't do. I will use it until it's gone, but I will not buy it again. Unless they change the formula so that the smell isn't so sickening.

I love this lotion! It absorbs quickly, goes on smoothly, moisturizes for a very long time! I never need to reapply, even on my very dry legs!! Yes this is now different than the original. The smell is a little different, but it is still wonderful. I found the original to be a little greasy, this one isn't! Plus, it is more natural than the original!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I had to make a listing for this product because the one that is on here already is an older version. I have used it (the older one) and agree with the reviews that note that is it kind of runny and generally unimpressive. There is clearly a new version with a better formula, though, the one that says "naturally nourishing". It is thick and creamy rather than runny. The smell is pleasant and clean, a bit strong at first but fades quickly enough to a light, pleasant odor. Would repurchase. Love Burt's Bees!