Philosophy the supernatural airbrush canvas

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (9.8%) (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Mica (ci 77019), Silica, Bismuth Oxychloride (ci 77163), Titanium Dioxide (ci 77891), Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

on 3/1/2009 9:51:00 PM

i tried this after going through 2 jars of bareminerals, which i do love. this stuff is almost as good, though i'm not really crazy about the sponge applicator anymore. when it split open last week, i took it off and have been storing the whole jar upside down, and applying the powder with a kabuki brush. this gives better coverage, and since the lid is large, powder doesn't fly everywhere like with the bareminerals.

pros: good, light feeling coverage. spf protection. gentle on my skin.
cons: not too crazy about the sponge applicator. can get cakey around the eyes/nose. be sure to blend well.

on 2/3/2009 9:24:00 PM

I loved the coverage & feel of the foundation, however it made me break out really bad. My skin was not just irritated with a couple of small pimples, but I had these huge welts on my face! I liked the concept of the attached sponge, and I really wanted to like the product as I use Philosophy bath products, however this product s not for me.

on 1/28/2009 5:14:00 AM

I have been using Philosophy Supernatural for two years and it is my favorite foundation by far. I've only had to buy this product three times even though I use it almost every day. It lasts so long. It works well in both the sweltering Florida heat and the cold dry air of the Pacific Northwest. The packaging might take a bit of getting use to but once you do you'll be amazed by the ease in which it takes to apply. In the summer I tan super easy and in the winter I pale(about two shades difference), incredibly the Supernatural blends in completely with both my tan and pale skin. My shade is bronze and it works beautifully. I never feel like I have any face make up on. Highly recommend. If you haven't tried Supernatural, then do. You won't be disappointed.

on 1/23/2009 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this in the summer time, but they didn't have the right shade for winter.

on 1/22/2009 9:06:00 PM

I'm shocked by how much I hate this product. To be fair, this was my first foray into mineral makeup, so I'm not sure if it's all Philosophy's fault. On my skin it just looked shiny and gave that "heavy makeup" look. My pores looked bigger, my skin looked oilier...ugh! I wanted to love it, but this is a no go.

Overall I loved pretty much everything about this product, even though it caused me to break out. I can't fault it for my freakishly sensitive skin so it still gets 4 lippies. I think the packaging is genius and I like that the replacement puffs are only a few dollars for a pack of 3. It's so easy to carry with me and apply quickly unlike any other mineral makeup I've used. I bought this in Natural and it was a perfect match. It never looks overdone and the texture of the powder is silky smooth when applied. The only small drawback is that it can be difficult to get the powder to dispense evenly - sometimes hardly anything comes out and sometimes I'll end up with too much where I don't need it because it flies out of the puff at weird angles.

I would recommend this if you like mineral makeup and need something that's easy to apply. It's well worth the price, in my opinion.

on 1/12/2009 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I reeeeeeaallly wanted to love this product but sadly I do not. Like some of the other reviwers this powder settled in to every line and pore on my face. The color had very yellow undertones...I wore it for a week straight because I really wanted to give it a fair chance. I used it with the puff applicator , Mary Kay's mineral powder brush, my BE kotabuki brush and even philosophy's airbrush brush...still every time I looked in the mirror all I could see were my pores and an overall dewy/cakey look which I never had with other powders. unfortunately I will be returning this tomorrow.

on 1/9/2009 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I use this and BE; BE for everyday and Supernatural for more dressy looks. I do find I get oily looking in the afternoon with this but I just use blotting paper and I am good to go. Very good coverage and the color is great on me. I use hope in a jar and the purity cleanser as well, I am definitely a Philosophy girl.
Love mineral makeup and will never go back to liquid.

on 1/2/2009 1:41:00 PM

I really love this foundation! I have acne prone, oily skin and this seems to not affect it either way. I have had the same jar for about 8-9 months and use it everyday! I love that I can control the coverage and the sponge on top is amazing, there is absolutely no wasting the powder like with other mmu. A replacement pack of sponges cost $3.00, which is a good deal considering the foundation itself cost $35.00! I still consider it a good deal since it's lasted so long. If you're considering trying a mmu, buy this first.

on 12/28/2008 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gross..this makeup was not what I expected. First off it doesn't cover up anything, and second of all it leaves a film on your face. My face after about an hour looked so greasy and yucky. Not only that but I think my face broke out because of this terribly. VERY dissapointing