Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 10/5/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok so I'm in cosmetology school and the products there are mostly Sebastian. I tried it to see what all the fuss is about and I don't like it. I really tried this "Wearable Treatment" finished a whole bottle over a period of a couple of months after a fresh haircut and It did nothing for my hair. I tried dime sized, quarter sized, every size and nothing..didnt' help with damage, split ends, styling..nothing. My hair is the same. I have combination hair. Whatever goodbye potion 9....

on 9/20/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a small bottle of this after my new hairdresser recommeded it. My hair is long, curly and frizzy, gets tangled easily. I apply it on my wet hair and then style it with mousse, it doesnt seem to help to tame my frizz or give me any additional shine or softness; just makes my hair look oilier.
After three months I have tried to use it in different amounts but I keep getting the same results.

on 9/18/2009 12:14:00 PM

I first got this in the squeeze tube on recommendation of my hairstylist. I found it to be quite light and did make my hair more manageable. So I got the 500ml pump bottle from a discount store. It lasted me a long long time. Didn't make note of how many months but I am counting the months on my second(current) bottle.

I must say that the color is rather weird for a hair product. Like carrot gel. Lol.. That aside, it makes the hair "crunchy" if you don't comb after it dries. I usually use this after towel drying my hair by splitting my mid-back length hair into 2 sections and apply seperately then comb through.

My hair has been colored, highlighted and is very dry in certain sections so I tend to apply more to those parts. Lately, I've noticed that it makes my hair kinda oily after a day. Might be due to my different shampoo or I might have become more heavy handed.

I dislike the squeeze tube as it's hard to get the last bits out of a metal tube. With the pump bottle, I can scrape the jar clean. Besides, the pump bottle is more economical. Paid SGD$68 for it at the discount store. Well worth the price as my bf uses it sometimes too.

on 9/16/2009 6:25:00 AM

I love my Potion 9. I use this product in a few different ways:

1) I use on my wet hair as a leave in conditioner. I have extremely thick shoulder length hair and I use about a quarter size amount in my damp hair.

2) When I'm traveling and plan on spending the day at the beach in a humid climate I pull my hair back in a tight pony tail and I use a small amount to tame fly aways. When applied this way to dry hair it acts almost like a gel.

3) When I wear my hair curly I use Potion 9 with mouse to scrunch my curls.

I have incredibly thick, wavy/curly hair which is dry and unmanageable. I have been searching for my HG styling product for over 20 years and nothing's hit the mark yet and God knows I have tried EVERYTHING - although I'm experimenting with Smooth Down and Real Control products after spending over $100 in Redken's store on Fifth Ave last weekend during a trip to NYC (good dollar rate for us Brits at the moment!) Sebastian's Potion 9 got some great reviews on here but it merely left my hair crunchy. It's also a bit icky and gloopy to the touch and feels quite synthetic when applying.
When I die my headstone will say "And here she lies, having spent almost $500k on hair products during her lifetime. What a shame just looking at her now."

I live in Arizona and the hot summer sun really dries one's hair - to the core!! I was looking for something that was light weight and would add a little shine and control to my thin fly away hair. This product is what I was looking for! It smells terrific and left my hair shiny, lustrous, and less staticky (?is that a word?). I just applied a dab (dime sized amount) to wet hair and styled as usual. Love the results!

on 7/31/2009 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have shoulder length hair that is medium-coarse, but I dont have tons of it.
I was simply looking for a product that would make my hair more manageable but not weigh it down. And this is it! If you have specific needs, this probably isnt it. But it is a simple styling product that is lightweight and does its job. I blow dry and straighten my hair everyday, and this makes it look really healthy. Not greasy or heavy at all, and you can tell when you pump it on to your hand that it is a very light product. Before I was using sebastians whipped waves (i believe that is the correct name), even though I straighten my hair, but I found that product to be waaay too heavy and very greasy. I could barely use a dime size without looking like i forgot to wash my hair.
Im not sure what size I own, but its a nize size bottle and I think it was around $14, which to me is not bad at all. I also love the pump dispenser and the smell is wonderful. It smells just like a salon.

on 7/8/2009 2:42:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! Before, my hair was dry and frizzy.. After I bought the big one (500ml), at the next 2 months..My hair start to be shinier, bouncier and very soft..
I have wavy to curly hair, and it's really great for defining waves.

on 6/24/2009 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the ingredients in this and it makes my hair manageable and defined. It lasts me a long time. I use about a quater sized amount for almost waist lenght hair. 5.1 oz

on 6/20/2009 5:12:00 AM

I have curly and pretty coarse hair (a lot of it!) and, on recommendation of my hairdresser, I apply this product (on damp hair) just before straightening using a blowdrier/iron. It works wonders! It makes my unruly and generally dry hair manageable and soft when straightening and I am done in about 30 minutes (usually it takes me around 50 minutes). I use only a moderate amount and it still has a significant defrizzing and conditioning effect. It provides minimum hold and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. There are many ways to use this product depending on hairtype and texture - and this is simply where it works best on my hair! Also, its gel-like and watery consistency is a huge plus when straightening

Popular Styling Products