August 23, 2014 | 1065 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the clean smell of this but have not used it in awhile. The first I used it....it clogged my tub. That was before I knew about "hosing". I have not tried it since. This is the best one to get a guy interested in bath bombs....how fun is it to turn your tub into the Ocean. You might just have to clean it out for him afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using this in the bath it makes me feel im bathing in a magical lagoon! It colours the water bright blue and there is lots of seaweed at the bottom for extra fun. It smells lovely and i always make sure i buy it whenever i pop into Lush.
The only bad part is cleaning all of the seaweed out of the bath afterwards lol

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't get why so many people adore this product. I got it for free as a sample (thank God I didn't have to pay for it!). The smell isn't very strong if you ask me, I barely noticed it. I do like how it colours my bathwater blue and it fizzes well too. But why I really dislike this product is because of the bits of seaweed in it. After my relaxing bath I found myself on hands and knees trying to get them out of my drain because it stopped the water from flowing away. I don't really get why LUSH always wants to put bits of junk in their soaps and bath bombs anyway, it messes up a product which would have been perfectly fine if they hadn't! And to be completely honest, I think the bath bombs are far too expensive. I'll go with a drugstorebrand one next time <3

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by EyelashWishes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this!! Smells really fresh and uplifting, it turns the water a gorgeous blue colour and the seaweed makes it a bit different and interesting from other bath products. I use this along with ocean salt and sea vegetable soap to create an in the ocean on holiday fantasy which is quite weird but I enjoy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by pisik

Looks very pretty, smells really nice, stung my skin so badly I had to get out of the bathtub. I've found I can't use any bath bombs. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this is probably my favorite bomb right now. the scent is very patchouli to me, very warm and amazing, and the color is bright and fun. don't love the seaweed, but it's still a great, relaxing experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Trying to surprise me, my boyfriend braved lush and emerged with this bath bomb, not even sure what he just bought. He just sort of handed it to me with a confused look on his face.I loved this bath balm. I split it in half because my bathtub is small and I wanted to make it last. I put it in the tub and it started fizzing and turned the water bright blue. And my tub was covered in sea weed. I felt like a hippie, lol. I had a great, relaxing, good smelling bath. I'd love to buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

“What do you want for Christmas?” enquired my boyfriend two days before Christmas. He does so like to be organised!

“Balls,” I replied.

“Urgh what…Have I said something wrong?” came the puzzled response.

“No you fool, I want Lush Big Blue Bath Ballistics, you know the big blue balls with bits of seaweed in.” I explained patiently.

“Big blue balls,” he mused, “Sounds painful!”

“Get on with you,” I admonished as I hastily scribbled my requirements onto a piece of paper and thrust it into his hand. He grinned cheekily and wiggled his eyebrows at me before duly plodding off to the nearest Lust shop to stock up on “surprise” presents for me.

On christmas day, he handed me my presant. “Your balls, madam” he grandly announced over Christmas dinner, to which my mother choked on a brussel sprout and my brother collapsed into a helpless heap of mirth when great granny said, “Did someone mention stuffing balls?”

So it was with great anticipation that I looked forward to my Big Blue Boxing day bath. I knew that with the plethora of sports programmes on the telly I would be assured of at least an hour’s indulgent, uninterrupted soak. I ran a very full pleasantly hot bath and lowered myself into the deep, steaming water. Once settled comfortably I dried my wet hands on a towel before I unwrapped the Big blue from its cellophane bag. The vivid blue bath ballistic is ample in its proportions and is roughly the size of a tennis ball. The ballistic is a beautiful vivid speedwell blue impregnated with plump pieces of emerald green seaweed and the ball is given a generous kiss of sparkling crystals of Atlantic sea salt.

I dropped the ballistic into the water and instantly the ball which is made from Bicarbonate of Soda started to fizz loudly and created an eddy of swirling, hissing, bubbling foam releasing not only the most beautiful aroma but also dispersing strands of chunky dark green seaweed. The water developed a simply fantastic turquoise hue topped with a thick layer of sparkling rich, dense bubbling foam. I laid back and closed my eyes and as the bubbling blue water enveloped my body I was instantly transported away to the warm, lapping waves of the Mediterranean. The briny smell of Atlantic sea salt which originally encrusts the big blue in a crunchy thick layer mingles beautifully with the relaxing lavender to soothe the mind and soul whilst allowing the refreshing lemon oil to invigorate and stimulate the body.

I swished my fingers lazily through my pool of warm turquoise bath water feeling like a beautiful siren of the sea. The juicy strands of mineral rich seaweed nudged gently over and around my body. The seaweed doesn’t come in long ribbon like lengths as you may imagine but rather they are short, around two to three inches in length, but the addition of them adds to the whole luxurious pampering experience.
Eventually after an hour or so of wallowing in my tranquil pool of serenity I reluctantly vacated my bath (only doing so when my top up water ran cold). I dried myself and was pleased to find that even after an hour in hot water my skin felt soft, moist and hydrated. There was no need to use a body lotion or moisturiser and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could still smell the fragrance on my skin the next day. The uplifting, fresh slightly salty smell lingered around my skin for hours and my bathroom and hallway was infused in a delightful “seaside” aroma; making me crave another delicious bath ballistic but at £2.25 per go these really are an indulgent treat to be leisurely savoured.

The seaweed cleaned up very easily, most of it migrated towards the plughole and it was easy just to scoop it out and throw it in the bin. There was a light blue ring around the bath, too, but this wiped off easily with a damp cloth. All in all the big blue was a decadent experience and I had a deeply relaxing bath which soothed the skin and the mind and whisked me away from the grey, watery clouds and cold wolds of London to much sunnier climates. This indulgence was made even more pleasurable when I imagined by boyfriend asking the 50+ sales lady in Lush for, “Two big blue balls please!”

Lush Big Blue Bath Ballistic 200g costs £2.25 each

27 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 More reviews by neverfadetogray

I got this for free because my last purchase from Lush was over $50, I believe. I like sweet scents best as well as some citrus scents, and I figured I may as well try it.

It did turn the water a pretty blue and my bath was very relaxing. The scent is true to the description - lemon and lavender - but I thought it smelled nice and fresh. On the other hand, I wasn't crazy about the seaweed and a good amount of it went down the drain (whether or not it'll clog remains to be seen). Wasn't expecting that. And honestly, I didn't notice any effect on my skin at all.

I don't think I'd actually purchase this myself, but it was nice to give it a shot, especially with all the hype I'd heard about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by swanlake107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the scent and the nice blue color this turned the bath water, but it didn't do any miracles for my skin. It was just ok. I knew I could have put the bath bomb in some nylons, but I didn't have any old ones and I thought the seaweed would be ok- it was really weird. They were hard and majorly clogged my drain. If there were little pieces, I wouldn't mind, but they were too big and useless.