L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

on 4/7/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hands down best moisturising hand cream ever. Its loaded with shea butter & absorbs well into your hands as I know alot of moisturisers dont absorb as well. I am quite fond of the scent & the packaging makes it a breeze to squeeze out the last of your product. The only annoying thing for some may be that it can get a tad greasy before it dries, but its not a bother for me personally :) works wonders.

Shea butter is the best remedy for dry skin and this hand cream is great. I love the product. You can get a similar Shea butter cream from bodyshop which is bigger and only £5. More-a-less the same thing!

on 4/6/2013 3:37:00 PM

I have chronically dry skin and have used every reputable hand cream on the market. Tried this years ago when my skin was less dry and was not impressed as it felt heavy. Was given a small tube of it over Christmas and started using it again - and it has changed my skin. My knuckles had begun cracking and bleeding during the winter, only Aquaphor on the broken skin would heal it. Began slathering this cream on every night before bed, and now, months later, my hands never feel dry, even later in the day immediately after washing. My cuticles are also much softer and I have noticeably fewer hangnails - this too only now, although I used things like Solar Oil and La Mer (yes! I was desperate) on them for years.

Will never be without this again. With consistent use it's truly changed my hands.

on 3/22/2013 6:48:00 AM

$28 for a 5oz tube of lotion? Yep, and I don't have any regrets. I am a lotion freak. I have tried (and most likely bought) so many I am almost ashamed (almost...). I can be lured in by a scent and that is what pulled me in to a L'Occitane store. While I wandered about happily sniffing bars of soap (body soap is a huge problem in our house - husband is worse than I am) a lovely woman came over and offered me a pea sized blop of lotion. I happily obliged. The scent is very subtle and doesn't really linger. It takes a bit longer than a "regular" lotion to work in - I am assuming that is the shea. After a few minutes of working it in and "drying", I was left with a lovely texture on my hands that I don't think I've ever achieved from a hand lotion (even raw shea). As an added bonus, it seems to hold up very well to hand washing... Score! Only wish it wasn't so outrageously expensive. Thankfully you only need a small amount to achieve a great outcome so it should last a while.....

on 3/14/2013 3:57:00 PM

I am a lotion junkie and this is one the best and a favorite of mine out of my lotion stash. It's very rich and moisturizing without being greasy. Product absorbs quickly leaving hand soft and supple. I took off one lippie for how darn expensive it is! Over $30 with tax! I try to stock up during Sephora's FnF sale and I get the VIB points! A full size tube will last your through winter but I also have travel sizes in all my bags. I adore this hand cream! wish it was a bit more economical though....

on 3/14/2013 8:28:00 AM

I consider L´Occitane an expensive brand for what it offers, but this handcream is worth paying for. It is ligth, very moisturing and with a lovely perfum. It is a must have if you have dry to normal hands.

on 3/11/2013 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got the 30ml for $12 not sure if thats a good price but for a loccitane product, thats not bad i guess? not sure coz its my first hand cream
so what i love about this is that it keeps my hands moist and it has a really subtle sweet smell (im not good with describing smells).
i guess i would repurchase this :)

on 3/7/2013 8:20:00 PM

I love this hand cream. I keep a tube in my bedside table and one in my bathroom. I love that it moisturizes well, smells clean and light, and doesn't cause my hands to feel coated and greasy. The metal tube is a bit of a hassle, but I use the "key" that L'Occitane sells to keep the tube rolled down as I use it up. I can't believe that this costs $28 a tube - it's definitely overpriced - but I love it so much that I keep repurchasing.

on 3/3/2013 9:09:00 PM

Best hand cream ever. Love the fragrance and texture. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly. I'm on my third small tube and just bought a giant one for my mom. She loves it too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this hand cream. So many rave reviews, but one big problem I have with it is the scent. I really, really hate it. It almost reminds me of the original Nivea cream or Dove. I could not stand the smell of either of those.

It's moisturizing properties are ok. I would rather get the tin of the 100% Shea Butter and use that instead and not have that scent to deal with.

I will not be buying it again.