November 23, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Some nice MUAers recommended this cream to my post request about a good hard working hand cream for my 40th birthday: among all my 40 years resolutions I put to take care of my hands at last, because I've been neglecting them all through my youth and it starts to show.
Well I'm glad I had this rec: the cream is really nourishing and moisturizing, it leaves a lovely fragrance (not too strong), and my hands really show some difference.
Also, the product is a bit expensive, but the tube lasts a long time.
I highly recommend this cream.
A

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PantherBKNeff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I second what Doreese said on 2/11/13...This hand cream is amaze-balls for those who have eczema and also for those who despise the feeling of greasy digits. It smells fresh and clean (a little bit Soap-y and Baby powder-y). The tube is great because you can squeeze every last bit out of it, plus it packs well (plastic bottles with pumps + gym bags = Don't). Additionally, you can feel good knowing that the Shea Butter collection is ethically-derived and sustainable from women in Africa. It's moderately priced for lotion (about $28 bucks for a large tube). Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by doreese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I am not really a lotion or handcream person. I hate the feeling of lotion goop on my hands. Which probably I'm sure played some part into me getting eczema years ago. Ever since then I would have really bad dry rashes on the top of my hands to the point where it would be like little cuts because it was so dry. I started using this hand cream and I don't even have eczema anymore but I still use it because I love the stuff! Feels amazing and my hands are now SO soft- plus I love the smell. It is a def a bit pricey but it's really worth it.

I would say this is the best hand cream out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sherylash8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how it smells and how it really work for my skin but then i dont like how it doesnt sink into my skin quickly...but a def must try! even though its expensive but i think it could last for 5 mnths or so

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently put this product into my regular rotation of hand moisturizers. I find that if it doesn't sink into my hands for awhile, it washes off rather easily. I like that it is not greasy and has a pleasant scent. It is a thick cream and goes on nicely. However this moisturizer alone is not enough by itself to keep my hands quenched in the winter. If you suffer from dry hands, this is a good product to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this hand cream. Having tried a variety of low and high-end creams, I find myself going back to this one. My hands are quite dry, and this cream restores lost moisture effectively and swiftly. The fragrance is understated yet luxurious. I adore the paint tube style packaging!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by forgetfuljones

This stuff is very, very average and very overpriced, IMO. It goes on nice and thick and doesn't stay greasy, but I also don't feel like it's moisturizing that well. My dry hands feel a little better with this on, but it doesn't last at all through hand washings. It smells nice (kind of like expensive baby powder, if that makes sense) and I also like the metal squeeze tube. It is just too expensive at $10 an ounce with the way I'm going through this stuff. I'm going to go back to my Aveda hand therapy. It is funny because I used to think that stuff was so ridiculously expensive at $20 for 4 ounces, but after this stuff it really doesn't seem that bad. lol The Aveda also lasts through several hand washings for me before I need to reapply, so that is obviously a much better deal. I will use up this shea hand cream, but definitely wouldn't repurchase or recommend to those who truly need a deep moisture treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by JLeroux

The best hand cream I've found so far. I typically use Aveeno, which is great but doesn't moisturize nearly as well as L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream (although Aveeno is also 1/4 of the price).

I rock climb, which completely rips-up the skin of my hands and creates a lot of calluses. Although I haven't found anything that meaningfully fixes what climbing does to hands, this product has done the best job so far. It is very moisturizing and feels rich, but absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. This cream does have a very mild scent, which I can't figure out what to compare to (in my opinion, the scent isn't bad or good).

The biggest complaint I have with this product is the price. For those willing to pay, it's a great lotion. I'll probably reserve this cream for days my hand feel especially bad, as I think it's too expensive to use regularly. Another small complaint is the cap, which is really small and slippery. I'm not usually picky about packaging unless it isn't functional, and the cap for this cream doesn't function well. I feel like it may slip out of my hands and get lost one day.

Overall: Expensive but great hand lotion.
Alternatives: My experience with hand lotions is limited. Aveeno works OK and is much more reasonably priced.
Value: Not great. Personally, I think $28 is a lot to pay for hand cream. I'll probably buy this occasionally, for especially dry hand days. I got this on sale for $5 for the travel size at L'Occitane.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by colorfulstrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry hands in the winter, this is like the only thing that actually works. Its crazy expensive, so I only use it for the night. It does last a while tho. The metal packaging is really bad, because since its such an expensive product, I'd like to use every drop, but the packaging leaves a lot of product on the sides, so its a waste. Then again, since the product itself works so well, i recommend it. I'm on my 8th tube of this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Awful heinous packaging, not to mention dangerous, too.
Overpriced and greasy. These don't hold a candle to crabtree and evelyn's hand creams , which are cheaper!