E.L.F. Brightening Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/1/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a good basic eyeliner to keep around. I got this in a kit with eyeshadow brush connected to the other end of the pencil. it didnt hurt me, didnt smudge, and was soft at first application. I will continue to use until its time to throw it out its only $1

on 10/30/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The color I purchased was Midnight, which is supposed to be a navy blue. When you apply it, it looks more black than blue. The pencil isn't very soft either and can be a bit hard to get on. It does smudge on me within 1 hour. Lastly, it's half the size of a regular eyeliner pencil and so you should spend the money on a DS liner with better quality than this.

on 10/22/2010 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought the one in white, and I love the color! It adds the perfect highlight to the corner of my eyes, and as a all over face highlight.
However the sharpener that it comes with sucks, and it doesn't last long, as I find it fades within an hour for me. It's also REALLY easily smudgable. I tried it on the back of my hand and it just blended out to make my skin look shimmery.
I wouldn't repurchase, even for the price.

on 10/19/2010 9:01:00 AM

I bought this as part of a 5 for $5 haul at KMart and tried it this morning. I don't know if it was my angle of putting on, but one eye went on great, the other - not so much. Because I'm half blind in the close up department, I have to hold the mirror with one hand and use the other for application. It went on a bit choppy, but blended well once I hit it with a small brush. I will keep trying it, as I like the color and the point didn't disappear after the first use. I will use this up and not purchase again though.

on 10/17/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this eyeliner in black. it goes on nicely but smudges really easily and quickly. the staying power was only about 2 hours for me. The sharpener it came with doesnt work AT ALL. Like seriously is doesnt even help a teeny buit with the eyeliner's point.

on 10/12/2010 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Its too hard. Hurts to apply on the eyelid. I bought white to have it as a highlighter in the inner corner of the eye but it was a huge disappointment. Bad product

on 10/4/2010 4:05:00 AM

I actually like this now. I got a few of these in my beauty encyclopedias but they were hard as hell so never used them. Recently i bought the 150 piece kit and it came with all of these colors. Omg, i f******* love these damn color, espically glided (light bronze gold color). They came out with a new formula so its much softer then before but these does smudge so top it off with a powder of some sort. Overall its a good product.

on 10/3/2010 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i have to say these arent the best liners ever but i have come to really enjoy them. They have "improved" their formula and i dont think these are as bad as they once were. And the formula does vary between shades bc one can be great while the other dry. So its weird but ive got some amazing liners. Def love the new brighter shades too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Brightening Eyeliners are available on the elf website as well as some Target, Kmart & Sears Grand stores. They can be found online as well. The price is $1- its found in the essential group under eyes. The price is wonderful. I know liners that cost 5x as much at least that compare to these.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE~~~~~~~
According to elf "The rich gel-powder formulation of our Brightening Eye Liners instantly brighten eyes for a healthy, radiant look. These liners glide on smooth without tugging the delicate eye area. Pair with your favorite e.l.f. eyeshadows and mascara for gorgeous, defined eyes." The Elf Brightening eyeliners are the standard wooden pencils that need to be sharpened with use. The formula isnt the creamiest but i find the newer versions are easy to apply, dont tug and are pigmented. These can be used on the lower and top lash lines. I use the Elf primer on a daily basis and find these wear at least 8 plus hours with little to no fading or smudging. If you have oily lids, a primer & setting these with a powder will help significantly. I find that slightly blending these out w/ a brush will help it to not transfer or smudge. I dont typically wear these on water line since i typically use a cream color but these do wear for a few hours. I have allergies & find most liners dont stay very long so if you have the same problem, using a cotton swab to dry up the area before application & wiping away any excess after will prevent smearing or running. I have every available shade. I use one of these on a daily basis but i have to say Ash & Gilded (which is now called Gold) are my favorites. The 3 new shades are awesome too. Great fun colors and they also got your basics too. Love em all.
Shades available:
Black- a nice dark true black
Coffee- a deep chocolate brown, great for those like myself that like something less harsh than black but still dark
Ash- this is a nice darkened ash charcoal color. Great for brown eyes or anyone, i have pale skin so i like something different than black or brown & this is dark enough for me
Plum- darkened plum purple
Gilded/Gold- beautiful true warm golden bronze shade
Midnight- nice navy blue, great for blue or hazel eyes or anyone that wants to cancel out some redness in the eyes
New colors added:
Exotic Green- beautiful grassy green, great for adding a pop of color
Teal- a true blue green teal
Electric Purple- a bright true purple, great for a pop of color & its becoming a favorite of mine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Brightening Eyeliners are the standard wooden pencils and come with a nice sharpener. I actually reach for my elf sharpeners more than any others. These sharpen easily w/out chippings or the tip falling off. These can be sharpened to a fine point for more precise lines if needed. These are a decent size considering even with daily use it takes me quite some time to get through a pencil. They are about 6 inches or so long. The pencil is a white color with silver labeling. The product & shade name can be located on the top of the pencil beside Elf logo. These have a standard plastic lid. The lid doesnt fall off easily which is nice esp if you carry them in a travel bag. The very tip of the pencil is colored similar to shade of pencil which helps w/ storage & locating which one you need. These are your basic pencils, they arent super fancy but they work & to me, that's what counts.
Overall, if you are looking for some good pencil liners, these are great! So many colors to pick from & ive found some favorites here. I use one of these on a daily basis. These are super affordable, a dollar and work great. Cruelty free as well. Great basic for beginners or anyone! These are great to to learn with or if you arent sure what colors work, these have allowed me to practice and play around w/out spending a fortune!

on 9/24/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I mean....WHAT???? who would like this? it doesn't show up at al! it's really dry and hard. It hurts when you apply it! It's crap!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best pencil eyeliner I have EVER bought. Hands down. I wore this earlier today and loved it! I wear eyeliner both for my eyebrows and to rim my eyes. This eyeliner is not good for eyebrows at all but since I've been wanting a different one to wear smudged around my eyes, this is great:) If you like the smokey look with rimmed eyeliner I highly recommend this product. Creamy, smooth, and very black as it gets. A dollar? Hell yeah, and came with a bonus eyeliner sharpener. I lined my lower lashes and then with my finger smudged it around my eye to shape it. Will buy a bunch more when I get the chance.(UPDATE) Does not last all day. 3 hrs later it was melting off and too smudged to look dark black. Had to keep reaplying throughout the day to get it as dark as possible.