July 24, 2014 | 1360 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Brightening Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Its too hard. Hurts to apply on the eyelid. I bought white to have it as a highlighter in the inner corner of the eye but it was a huge disappointment. Bad product

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by MMnoob

I actually like this now. I got a few of these in my beauty encyclopedias but they were hard as hell so never used them. Recently i bought the 150 piece kit and it came with all of these colors. Omg, i f******* love these damn color, espically glided (light bronze gold color). They came out with a new formula so its much softer then before but these does smudge so top it off with a powder of some sort. Overall its a good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have to say these arent the best liners ever but i have come to really enjoy them. They have "improved" their formula and i dont think these are as bad as they once were. And the formula does vary between shades bc one can be great while the other dry. So its weird but ive got some amazing liners. Def love the new brighter shades too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Brightening Eyeliners are available on the elf website as well as some Target, Kmart & Sears Grand stores. They can be found online as well. The price is $1- its found in the essential group under eyes. The price is wonderful. I know liners that cost 5x as much at least that compare to these.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE~~~~~~~
According to elf "The rich gel-powder formulation of our Brightening Eye Liners instantly brighten eyes for a healthy, radiant look. These liners glide on smooth without tugging the delicate eye area. Pair with your favorite e.l.f. eyeshadows and mascara for gorgeous, defined eyes." The Elf Brightening eyeliners are the standard wooden pencils that need to be sharpened with use. The formula isnt the creamiest but i find the newer versions are easy to apply, dont tug and are pigmented. These can be used on the lower and top lash lines. I use the Elf primer on a daily basis and find these wear at least 8 plus hours with little to no fading or smudging. If you have oily lids, a primer & setting these with a powder will help significantly. I find that slightly blending these out w/ a brush will help it to not transfer or smudge. I dont typically wear these on water line since i typically use a cream color but these do wear for a few hours. I have allergies & find most liners dont stay very long so if you have the same problem, using a cotton swab to dry up the area before application & wiping away any excess after will prevent smearing or running. I have every available shade. I use one of these on a daily basis but i have to say Ash & Gilded (which is now called Gold) are my favorites. The 3 new shades are awesome too. Great fun colors and they also got your basics too. Love em all.
Shades available:
Black- a nice dark true black
Coffee- a deep chocolate brown, great for those like myself that like something less harsh than black but still dark
Ash- this is a nice darkened ash charcoal color. Great for brown eyes or anyone, i have pale skin so i like something different than black or brown & this is dark enough for me
Plum- darkened plum purple
Gilded/Gold- beautiful true warm golden bronze shade
Midnight- nice navy blue, great for blue or hazel eyes or anyone that wants to cancel out some redness in the eyes
New colors added:
Exotic Green- beautiful grassy green, great for adding a pop of color
Teal- a true blue green teal
Electric Purple- a bright true purple, great for a pop of color & its becoming a favorite of mine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Brightening Eyeliners are the standard wooden pencils and come with a nice sharpener. I actually reach for my elf sharpeners more than any others. These sharpen easily w/out chippings or the tip falling off. These can be sharpened to a fine point for more precise lines if needed. These are a decent size considering even with daily use it takes me quite some time to get through a pencil. They are about 6 inches or so long. The pencil is a white color with silver labeling. The product & shade name can be located on the top of the pencil beside Elf logo. These have a standard plastic lid. The lid doesnt fall off easily which is nice esp if you carry them in a travel bag. The very tip of the pencil is colored similar to shade of pencil which helps w/ storage & locating which one you need. These are your basic pencils, they arent super fancy but they work & to me, that's what counts.
Overall, if you are looking for some good pencil liners, these are great! So many colors to pick from & ive found some favorites here. I use one of these on a daily basis. These are super affordable, a dollar and work great. Cruelty free as well. Great basic for beginners or anyone! These are great to to learn with or if you arent sure what colors work, these have allowed me to practice and play around w/out spending a fortune!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by illas14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mean....WHAT???? who would like this? it doesn't show up at al! it's really dry and hard. It hurts when you apply it! It's crap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best pencil eyeliner I have EVER bought. Hands down. I wore this earlier today and loved it! I wear eyeliner both for my eyebrows and to rim my eyes. This eyeliner is not good for eyebrows at all but since I've been wanting a different one to wear smudged around my eyes, this is great:) If you like the smokey look with rimmed eyeliner I highly recommend this product. Creamy, smooth, and very black as it gets. A dollar? Hell yeah, and came with a bonus eyeliner sharpener. I lined my lower lashes and then with my finger smudged it around my eye to shape it. Will buy a bunch more when I get the chance.(UPDATE) Does not last all day. 3 hrs later it was melting off and too smudged to look dark black. Had to keep reaplying throughout the day to get it as dark as possible.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by WarmAppleCider

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this eyeliner. I bought it because it was really cheap and almost all eyeliners smudge on me, no matter the price. It is very creamy and super pigmented, plus it lasts on my waterline longer than most do. I love the white color of this eyeliner because it is easy to spot in my makeup bag if i need to apply again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tudhwani

It's pretty okay. Good for smudging. Good thing to have in your bag if you're in a pinch and need to put on some black liner quick. I still haven't found a replacement for Smolder. The sharpener that comes with it is great though! Just buy it for the sharpener!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tinimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

these hurt, they do go on after a few trys but there are better $1 liners out there and for a few more you can really see the difference. saving a few bucks now if not worth wrinkles down the line.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ShannonS1207

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Putting these liners on my eye was painful.. I wouldn't recommend any of these liners for anyone.. They were very dry - i did keep the brown one for my brows though. Seems to work fine for that.. ELF has other products that are great - stay away from the liners..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Meiosis

Cons: Waxy, low pigmentation, smudge WAY too easily, feel too soft and creamy.

Pro: Cheap. (But not worth even $1 since I wouldn't ever use them.)