Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir

4.4

on 9/24/2006 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LOVE this fragrance. I think it's best to describe it as very warm, soft and comforting. I don't think it's ever overpowering. This is perfect to wear all through the fall and winter. In spring and summer, I usually wear a fragrance that's a bit lighter, but I love No. 5 Elixir so much, I might just wear it year 'round!

on 9/8/2006 10:32:00 PM

I'm one of those folks who is super sensitive to most fragrances and usually stick to Jo Malone. I find Chanel #5 a bit cloying in the EDP but in this Sensual Elixir version it is AMAZING. It is much softer with possibly some light musk notes added. Really fresh and pleasant to wear. I sampled some at Sephora today and so far it has lasted all day. I wish it came in a roll-on but it's so rare that I find a frangrance I love, that I may just have to go back and spring for this one! Also, I think it's perfect for fall.

on 8/25/2006 10:25:00 AM

Classic Chanel #5 has been at the very top of my most cherished fragrances for most of my life; it is actually the scent that started by fragrance obsession, way back at the tender age of 5. I have been using this new Sensual Elixir for 2 months now and I must say I love it just as much as my cherished EDT and parfum. But even if you have decided that #5 is not for you, give this version a try. It is indeed very glorious, fresh and elegant.

on 8/2/2006 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just got my bottle of Sensual Elixir today and I want to say that I love Chanel no 5 EDP always have, when I first put the Elixir on I wanted to SING for joy. It is AMAZING. It is so lovely that I ordered a second bottle(becuae I will baith in this). I think this has something citrusy in it that makes this scent sooooo very fresh. It is so delicate, so fragile. Almost like Chanel No 5 gave birth to a baby. My one complaint is that it stays very close to the skin. I love this so much that when I have it on I want everyone to ask me what I'm wearing. I think that women who hate the No 5 fragrance will fall for the Elixir.

If you find Chanel No5 too strong in all it's classic incarnations, you must try the Sensual Elixir! The fragrance is highly concentrated, but so so soft in its delivery. Much softer than the parfum or toilette, it doesn't hit you so much as it warms over on your skin and appeals to be loved. The packaging needs no defense as it's easily the most beautiful bottle on my table and the formulas pink tint adds a touch of lucid femininity to the famously omnipotent fragrance. I will definitely repurchase because I just know I'm using it all up.

on 7/21/2006 1:58:00 PM

I got this on ebay for $20.00 cheaper than the store price. The Elixir reminds me of the Chanel #5 Voile Parfume which was a light body mist they had out years ago. The Elixir is very light, very sensual, very feminine, very wonderful! This is a fragrance to impress YOU! It doesn't need to be LOUD to be noticed. It's a magical and deeply sexual fragrance updated for the modern woman. Worth every penny! Make yourself feel special with this!

on 7/9/2006 10:46:00 PM

No. 5 has become my signature scent. When I first tried the elixir I was unimpressed. I didn't purchase at that time. Later that evening I realized it had morphed into a wonderfully soft version of No. 5 perfect for bed! (Update: The more I wear this the more I love it. It is my bedtime fragrance and what I wear to be understated yet sexy.)

on 6/11/2006 9:26:00 AM

I LOVE this fragrance, but then again...I've always liked Chanel No. 5. It reminds me of my grandmother and it is probably one of the very few fragrances that I actually wear ONLY because I personally feel comfort in wearing it. The Sensual Elixir gives me that comfort feeling and I also love how it's so subtle. So subtle in fact, that I don't think that others can actually smell it on me. I subtracted one lippie because of that, since it doesn't have much sillage and is not very long-lasting. I'd have to re-apply it during the day and with the hefty price tag, I think it should be made to last longer.

on 5/15/2006 3:28:00 AM

No5 Sensual Elixir starts out as a lighter version of the original No5, but becomes very gourmand during the drydown instead of powdery. It's a classic fragrance updated to appeal to the modern crowd.

on 4/25/2006 6:39:00 PM

This morning I got up and sprayed my Chanel 5 edt all over me ~~before coffee, before breakfast, before anything. Having come through a blizzard just yesterday I was feeling so excited by the sunshine, so much younger than "late 40's" and so happy to merely be well. By the afternoon I needed a refresher so I dabbed on a little Chanel 5 Parfum, and then what do you know (?) Two hours later I received a package from a dear mua gal with a sample of No 5 Sensual Elixir... I swooned through the top notes. It's a bit fruitier and soapier than the edt in the top notes. It's a little like Caleche for much of it's duration, but then it turns on it's heel at the end and presents a too warm base for me. Still pretty, but too ambery/spicy/foody (much like Allure) in the end. This is the Chanel No 5 for those who like the warmer food-ish scents as opposed to the clear, more floral, nearly metallic No 5.

Popular Fragrances