MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 9/28/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder does run light. I am a NC15-20 and I got it in Medium. Good thing I didn't get Light! I think this powder works well in soaking up oily skin, but under certain circumstances.

I find it mattifies my forehead and nose completely, better than any powder I've used. However, when I actually do need to blot (4-5 hours later), my makeup sometimes sifts a bit in oily areas like around my nose. When you place the powder on after the makeup has shifted (due to oiliness), it highlights the uneven makeup. I find you have to buff this powder into these problem areas to smooth out what has been shifted.

If you have dry patches, they will be dry and cakey. You have to have the lightest hand to apply this. I gently pat it on my problem areas with the puff and use a stippling brush to smooth out the cakiness (or use a setting spray to take away some of the cakiness/powderiness). This isn't very convenient for me since this powder should really be a ready-to-go product (Put in your purse and head out the door).

I find it works if you're not wearing much skin product and your skin does not have any dry flakes. Me, often wearing medium coverage foundation and concealer, find placing this on top, makes my makeup look more heavy. I feel it is better to use it after you applied your makeup and before you get oily. If you use too much, you can feel it on your skin and I hate that feeling.

I have really oily T-zone and I will need to blot up to 4 times a day. I have tried so many different products to stop the shine but nothing just worked. My friends told me about the M.A.C pressed powder and was super crazy over it. I've been hesitating on whether should i purchase it or not because it isn't cheap. However I decided to give it a try. Well, it disappointed me again this time. Not surprise. It held a little longer than other powders but still not what I wanted. Then one day, I don't know why, with bare face, I apply this powder on my face and went to do house chores. Surprisingly, after my house chores, THERE ISN'T ANY SHINE ON MY T-ZONE. So I guess this works for me without makeup. Great product but not what I wanted.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Ok I have to re edit my review.

From 4 lippies I changed it to 2 lippies. This broke me out with small little bumps all around my jaw line and chin area. It's horrible! At first I thought this was the best oil controlling powder ever but the more I use it the more I hate it and it doesn't seem to work... After an hour my face already full of oil and no matter how much I put more it just doesn't work! I went back to rimmel stay matte and it's so much better than this one, and it's much cheaper!!! I don't think I'll purchase a powder for more than $5 anymore!

on 9/22/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

If I could have only one product, other than moisturizer, this would be it. I purchase at least 4 a year. I wear the Medium Dark shade, which does not appear cakey. I have large pores and it smooths and blurs them beautifully. It takes away the shine with no buildup. I don't wear foundation but keep my face oiled with various oils. This blots natural and other oils on me for about three hours but reapplying does not add any color or strange texture. This is a winner.

on 9/18/2013 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Great product! I've tried a variety of blotting powders and this one is the best - it really works! I apply it on top of my moisturizer or/and foundation and it keeps my skin matte for most of the day. I bought it in medium but it's almost translucent and you can use quite a lot of it without looking cakey. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it!

P.S. I've now bought the medium-dark version and it suits my fair-medium skin better!

on 9/13/2013 9:33:00 AM

I was given this in the shade 'medium' and I find it very similar to the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which I used before I was given MAC.

I really love this powder, it mattifies my oily areas (chin, nose, forehead) but doesn't have that 'powdery look' which I like and its not obvious I have powder on those areas.

It's pretty expensive, so I wouldn't repurchase it, unless I got it on offer or something, because in Ireland it is €24.50 I think, and the Rimmel stay matte is €5.99, so there's a difference of €18.50 which is a lot.

on 8/29/2013 10:52:00 PM

I love love love this stuff. Since I started wearing mineral based sunblock, I needed something to counter the shininess. This works and lasts most of the day. It's amazing!

on 8/16/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Well I use this after my skin care and I have extremely oily skin, and without this I have to blot about 2-3 times a day :( with this, I only blot like once! :D it controls my oil for about 3-5 house, and about the 3 ish hour mark oil starts to poke through and then the good part is near the 5 th hour mark, it keeps me looking matte, not shiny, but up if when I blot I will get a full sheet used up

on 8/15/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This powder will be my HG for years to come. I don't know how I controlled my grease ball of a face before I started using this. I use this over the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and both work beautifully in mattifying my face. I have very oily skin. This blot powder allows my face to stay matte for about 4-5 hours depending on what I am doing. Thats a winner in my book. I use the shade medium/dark

on 7/29/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am nc45ish with oily or oily/normal (oily cheeks/ nose) combo skin and use pressed version in med dark applied with ecotools powder brush or ecotools buffing brush. It doesn't give flashback with flash photog for me and it sets liquid foundation without altering the colour. It's actually the only foundation makeup product I've repurchased so far. Sometimes when doing a full face with blush/ hac I've blended it with mufe hd powder for an extra flawless look. It gives a great natural everyday finish alone over nars or Olay tm or my hg Lancôme foundation too. This gives about 2-4 hrs matte face then I look glowy but not oily for up to 6+ hours without blotting or I can blot once around 2-4 hours to stay matte 6+ hours.

Recommended for Normal Skin