MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

This powder is a godsend! I just started using it again and even though the price tag is extremely high I can't live without it. I was previously using maybelline dream matte powder and that was really good but it made my under eye circles look kinda dry. This floats over my whole face and sets it beautifully. After about 10 hours, yes 10 hours, I have a dewy sheen to my face. a blotting sheet and a few swipes of mac blot re sets my make up and makes it look like I have my original face from 8am when my morning started. Well forever continue to purchase this

on 11/3/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that I have dry skin due to using Retin-A so I am especially prone to the flakies and this powder did nothing more than accentuate any dry patches I had. I bought "Light" which was way too light for me (I wear MAC foundations in NC15). Maybe if I had tried the medium I would have had better luck-who knows? Unfortunately it's still very drying regardless of the shade. I won't be buying this again and I'll be returning the one I recently purchased. I guess I'll stick with Benefit's Get Even for now.

on 11/2/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love it it gets rid of the shine on my forehed it dosent use up quick i will probably have this for three months more and i buoght it in July..i recomend this to every one oliy skin combination all types it sets makeup as well as gets rid of shine multi use..=)

on 11/1/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've purchased this powder twice now. I take it along in my purse and use it for touchups during the day. Works great to take away the oily areas of my face.

The only other product I like a little better than this is Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil but that doesn't come in a compact...so MAC wins out!

on 10/28/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I use this when I don't put that much makeup on. It works really well on me too. It's not thick and it does everything else foundation would do for me. It lasts longer too!!

on 10/27/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- translucent
- finely milled
- never cakey
- matte finish

Cons

- poor oil control

Comments: I didn't find this to control my oil very well. That's my only issue with it. It's finely milled, so it never looks cakey and makes touch ups easier. I just didn't find it to control my oil any better than my drugstore powders.

Will not repurchase.

on 10/27/2013 4:51:00 PM

great product. great value. wont regret buying this. thx to the makeup artist who told me to pick this to remove super shine frm my face

on 10/18/2013 10:03:00 PM

Yesssss I need to go to MAC just for this! I used mines all never looks cakey!

on 10/16/2013 2:58:00 AM

I am not sure about this product. I got this couple of weeks ago online. First i have been to mac counter and people there were so snobbish! I decided to buy it online. I have read so many good reviews about it. I have t only zone but when i put this powder on my face it looks cakey.. Especially on my nose, it looks horrible sometimes and i also did not like the staying power. Everyone seems to think that it is long lasting but it is not really. To be honest rimmel london stay matte powder does the same job as well, you only pay for Mac for this product so go and buy Rimmel one! Mac's is not any better!

on 10/6/2013 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVED this powder so much for my dry-combination skin. It kept me matte for almost the entire day, and wouldn't leave me cakey when I touched up throughout the day. I recommend it for anyone with dry-combination to oil skin. That being said I'll review it more fully in depth. . .
Pros: Inexpensive for a higher end powder. Due to it being a pressed powder compact it's something that you can store in a makeup bag, purse, or bookbag and it's very easy to reapply, unlike a loose powder. It is very mattifying without leaving you cakey-faced. It keeps your face looking and feeling matte for around 5 hours.
Cons: The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this product is because it's hard to get the product onto your brush. I literally have to scrape the product to get the powder to transfer onto my powder brush. Mac would do everyone a favor if they made it with the same ingredients in a loose version. Yes I'm aware they do make Blot Loose Powder, but I heard it uses different ingredients and doesn't even come close to the original.