July 24, 2014 | 2213 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by efjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used Clinique for years and used to be so in love. I don't know if it's an issue with my skin but I have developed a major sensitivity to some ingredient that is common throughout most Clinique products. I definitely know that this one as well as the night version do it to me. My eyes swell, it's a form of contact dermatitis, and it's disgusting. My skin developed a sensitivity to Benzoyle Peroxide after a couple years of use so, like I said, I don't know if it's an issue with my skin or the product but this #1, makes my eyes swell shut, #2, is in a v. germy container, #3, is way too expensive for what it is...spend that $ on another brand:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by doctorlrb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I initially loved this product. I have oily skin and feel that most facial moisturizers for my skin type don't have more than SPF 15 so I was excited to try this. It has a nice texture and sinks in wonderfully but over time I've noticed that my cheeks and chin have begun to become plugged up. I'm pretty sure that this product is the culprit.
Oh, and the packaging is terrible. I don't want to have to dip my fingers into anything!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cvieyra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

was recomended by the lady at the counter and since i am 26 thought this would be good. it worked ok but it burned when i put it on and made the breakout on my chin worse. i also thought it could moisturize a bit better. i liked it had an spf and would help protect against aging but it burned and made my chin worse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in the very dry to dry skin formula. I used to think skincare was skincare and lotions were pretty similar across the board. This cream has proved me wrong, my skin hasn't been in such good condition in the cold, dry winter months in a long time. If you have really dry, bordering on flakey skin, I recommend this cream. It moisturizes without pushing my skin into oily, breakout territory as some other 'ultra moisturizing' creams have done in the past. It's light and sinks in quickly, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on the moisture it promises.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally received a full size version of this cream from my roommate, as she had gotten an extra on in a goody bag. As soon as I used it, I knew I loved it. Extremely moisturizing, fairly high SPF, and packed with antioxidants, I swore I would always use this as my winter day moisturizer. It lasted almost all winter as well (I live in NYC).

Alas, it has been a few years since I used it, and have only now re-purchased for winter use. But, boy am I glad I did because I had forgotten how much I loved it. I no longer have small flaky patches on my face and even in the humidity deprived Northeast, I feel like my face is moisturized throughout the day. The only downside is the packaging is probably not the most sanitary, as it's in a tub and you are always sticking your fingers in to get the product out.

Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It would be a nice moisturizer, but every time I apply it my face stings, turns out I'm sensitive to the sunscreen ingredients in this and I can't use it without discomfort. It doesn't break me out or turn oil slick (normal-dry version), but the sunscreen does leave a slight metallic cast on skin. I hope it works for somebody else, I think it's a nice multitasking product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by davekoh

I use this in conjunction with the Continuous Rescue Antioxidant for night use.

I got the Oily/Co and itís not heavy on my oily face. It dose take a few minute to be absorbed.

I am a photographer and have to do outdoor bridal shots very often. My face does not feel oily even when I perspire.

Verdict: Finds it suitable for my 35 yr old oily male face J Highly Recommended

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this with a gwp and I love it! I really think it is perfect for me, I love that it has high SPF - which is what I need for my skin, it also moisturizes my skin perfectly and doesn't leave any weird residues or break outs. The only problem is the price, it's terrible and that is the only reason why I won't buy a full sized jar. Also I removed a lippie for that too, shame on clinique for over-pricing products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I have been using this moisturizer every night for over a month and I think it has been very effective in hydrating my face. I am 54 and this product leaves my face feeling refreshed and soft - I can see a visable difference in my complexion. Recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

I bought this while traveling because my skin felt dried and irritated.
- The scent of this moisturizers is rather strong.
- After use, my combination skin feels oily.