Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 4/1/2010 12:57:00 PM

I am confused by Clinique skincare products. Clinique says you need to use this after the 3-step and this means you have to use two moisturisers. I would be interested if anybody does this and what people's thoughts on this are. I have only tried this when it was given as part of a GWP. like the fact it has an SPF25 and it makes many attractive anti-ageing claims, but I think only time would tell if it works. The fact that you are meant to use it after 3-step puts me off buying it and I find it a very expensive combination. I will probably stick to Estee Lauder's Daywear Plus, which means I only have to use one moisturiser.

on 3/31/2010 11:14:00 PM

This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried. I have the dry combination and it doesn't make my skin oily, even after 8+ hours of wear. It has SPF25 (which is higher than the usual SPF15 that most moisturizers have) but the consistency is not heavy when applied. In fact, it applies very smooth. There's no scent as with all Clinique products. Only issue I have is it comes in a jar, which isn't very sanitary or travel-friendly. The price is a bit steep too, $46 CAD for 50 ml for i think it's worth it.

Update: At first I loved using this cream but half way through the jar, I've noticed that it stings my face upon application and causes my face to turn red. I think my skin has become allergic to this cream. I will not be repurchasing this and have switched to Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer, the consistency of which I prefer more and more importantly, it does not irritate my skin.

on 3/31/2010 5:41:00 PM

Because of the SPF 25 Sunblock, this product feels quite heavy, especially during the summertime. I also noticed it aggravated the skin on my forehead and I developed red marks.

on 3/29/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used Clinique for years and used to be so in love. I don't know if it's an issue with my skin but I have developed a major sensitivity to some ingredient that is common throughout most Clinique products. I definitely know that this one as well as the night version do it to me. My eyes swell, it's a form of contact dermatitis, and it's disgusting. My skin developed a sensitivity to Benzoyle Peroxide after a couple years of use so, like I said, I don't know if it's an issue with my skin or the product but this #1, makes my eyes swell shut, #2, is in a v. germy container, #3, is way too expensive for what it is...spend that $ on another brand:)

on 3/26/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So I initially loved this product. I have oily skin and feel that most facial moisturizers for my skin type don't have more than SPF 15 so I was excited to try this. It has a nice texture and sinks in wonderfully but over time I've noticed that my cheeks and chin have begun to become plugged up. I'm pretty sure that this product is the culprit.
Oh, and the packaging is terrible. I don't want to have to dip my fingers into anything!

on 2/26/2010 3:11:00 PM

was recomended by the lady at the counter and since i am 26 thought this would be good. it worked ok but it burned when i put it on and made the breakout on my chin worse. i also thought it could moisturize a bit better. i liked it had an spf and would help protect against aging but it burned and made my chin worse.

on 1/19/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in the very dry to dry skin formula. I used to think skincare was skincare and lotions were pretty similar across the board. This cream has proved me wrong, my skin hasn't been in such good condition in the cold, dry winter months in a long time. If you have really dry, bordering on flakey skin, I recommend this cream. It moisturizes without pushing my skin into oily, breakout territory as some other 'ultra moisturizing' creams have done in the past. It's light and sinks in quickly, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on the moisture it promises.

on 1/9/2010 8:05:00 PM

I originally received a full size version of this cream from my roommate, as she had gotten an extra on in a goody bag. As soon as I used it, I knew I loved it. Extremely moisturizing, fairly high SPF, and packed with antioxidants, I swore I would always use this as my winter day moisturizer. It lasted almost all winter as well (I live in NYC).

Alas, it has been a few years since I used it, and have only now re-purchased for winter use. But, boy am I glad I did because I had forgotten how much I loved it. I no longer have small flaky patches on my face and even in the humidity deprived Northeast, I feel like my face is moisturized throughout the day. The only downside is the packaging is probably not the most sanitary, as it's in a tub and you are always sticking your fingers in to get the product out.

Highly recommended!

on 1/2/2010 11:50:00 AM

It would be a nice moisturizer, but every time I apply it my face stings, turns out I'm sensitive to the sunscreen ingredients in this and I can't use it without discomfort. It doesn't break me out or turn oil slick (normal-dry version), but the sunscreen does leave a slight metallic cast on skin. I hope it works for somebody else, I think it's a nice multitasking product.

on 12/31/2009 1:08:00 PM

I use this in conjunction with the Continuous Rescue Antioxidant for night use.

I got the Oily/Co and itís not heavy on my oily face. It dose take a few minute to be absorbed.

I am a photographer and have to do outdoor bridal shots very often. My face does not feel oily even when I perspire.

Verdict: Finds it suitable for my 35 yr old oily male face J Highly Recommended