April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by shiherostar

This is my go to foundation in the summer! I just happened to stumble upon this last year and I fell in love. Just need to wash face, moisturize and add this powder on a hot and sunny day. I like that it also contains spf!
    I decided to buy duo matte by makeup forever and the maybelline does just as good of a job. This is one of those drugstore gems!

I too agree that the packaging could be more snazzy, but oh well...a great product is a great product. I will be using this every summer, so I hope they keep it around.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bumblevy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really really REALLY like this powder foundation. it is silky soft on skin and the color blend well with my skin. i apply with the sponge that it came with and it gave pretty good coverage. my skin looked so good with this powder foundation and it stayed on for quite a long time. it doesn't control oil though, so you have to carry blotting tissues or whatever for touch ups. unfortunately, i dont know if its because of this that i've been breaking out badly, or my FIT me concealer because the ingredients contain talc. i really do hope it isn't because of this powder foundation though, because i really like how it feels on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by shell0408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great alternative to liquid foundation for people with oily skin. I love the coverage of a liquid but my oily skin makes it difficult to wear throughout the day without becoming super shiny or it slicking off. This gives great coverage for a powder foundation but would recommend a concealer on problem spots or under the eyes before applying the powder. I also use MAC Studio Fix powder foundation but use this for everyday activities and its definitely comparable. I am NW25 in Mac and use 30 Nude in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

LOVE this powder foundation! I was an avid PX AnyWear user, but after having it discontinued, I tried many different products, and nothing made me happy. I was using Palladio, but that tends to get cakey and makes me look a bit "ghostly" and washed up. Tried PureStay and fell in love! I know there are only a few shades to choose from, but something will work for you! I use the lightest one in winter (I'm maybe a NC10-15?) and upped it to the 3rd one (Nude?) in summer. I use a kabuki, and my skin looks amazing! No liquid foundation, no primer...just my usual moisturizer! Skin instantly looks better, glows, and you look brightened! Aside from my constant shiny nose, I don't need to touch up my face during the day. I will, however, add more product before going out in the evening. This stuff doesn't break me out, lasts during the day, looks natural, and coverage can be built up without being cakey. Love this product, and will definitely keep buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my daily summer foundation. I really love this stuff. I like to experiment with different application methods and I usually swear by brushes, but I actually like the coverage best when using the included sponge applicator with this powder. Depending on the condition of my skin, I can sometimes skip using a concealer and primer. I've been quite satisfied with the coverage of my large pores on my nose with this powder alone, which is surprising. If I want really flawless skin, I will put a bit of primer over my very large pore areas under this powder and I just love the results. I don't re-apply this throughout the day - if I get a little shiny, I use a blotting sheet and a little puff of shine control translucent powder. With that small amount of maintenance, this makeup lasts me for hours and hours - I mean from 9am until 11pm. I'm really impressed with this stuff.

Seriously though, give the sponge a try. The coverage is so much better.

If you are looking for something with a little lighter coverage, a brush would work, or try TooFaced Amazing Face pressed powder. That stuff is a bit silkier and works better with a brush - the coverage is still good but it is lighter feeling. I had to stop buying it though because it is too darn expensive. I do like the coverage of Maybelline's better though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by reptilegrrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this looking for a cheaper substitute for MAC Studio Fix. Unfortunately, the limited palette did me in: I am an NC20 and the lightest shade, Ivory 10, is too dark for my skin.

I gave it a full day's wear to test it out otherwise, and I am sad to say that it just did not make the grade.

The good: upon application, it had a very smooth, flawless finish (I applied it with a foundation brush, over sunscreen and primer.) It is finely milled, maybe finer than MAC, and goes on very easily. It did not look chalky.

However, it was a very flat finish, lacking in the "glow" that MAC Studio Fix has. Studio Fix gives me a very natural glow.

A few hours after application, I was very shiny. I have combination skin and this power did nothing for shine control. I like a little shine but this was no good. By hour 5, the power had become streaky in some places, and by hour 6 or 7, the powder was no longer visible except in the streaky places. I am not a face-toucher, AND I used a primer, so I think this stuff should have stayed put.

If you are someone who likes re-applying often, this might be for you, if one of the shades fits. I might have stuck with this powder if there had been a shade that worked for me and the finish was more glowy, because frequent applications could just be a cost of a cheaper powder.

I had no problem with the packaging, it didn't seem unduly bulky to me. And like I said the texture was great, it gave a very smooth, flawless finish when first applied. But I am returning my compact today and won't repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by zero131nh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale with 40% off, so it's a good deal.
    This is a good powder foundation for your money. The color selection is not great though. I use this in ivory and it's slightly darker and pinker than my skin tone. I'm Asian with fair skin. Ivory actually has yellow undertone, but it's just not enough for me. On me it has a bit of pink/salmon undertone.
    The texture of this powder is good. It is carefully pressed. The powder is dense. It does not fly everywhere when I dip my brush in. I use the Studio powder brush by E.L.F or a small kabuki by EcoTools and the result is great so far. The sponge included in the compact is usable too. Using a sponge can also give good coverage.
    The powder itself is very smooth. It's dry a little, and may shows your dry spots initially, but after 20 minutes or so it melts into your skin. Your skin will look great, smooth and natural, and has a healthy sheen. The powder does not control oil well, so after 3 or 4 hours my face would look dewy. I have oily nose and the powder will be gone after I blot with a blotting sheet. I normally put a little of NYC pressed powder on top of my nose to keep the oil. I cannot tell you about the transferring and staying power. Its staying power is okay to me.
    Overall if you want a cheap and good powder then try this. I haven't used it long enough to say about its breaking out potential. Hopefully I won't make my acne prone skin any more miserable. Catch this on sale. The full price is just too much for my college student budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

SHADE: NC 30
    I actually love this powder foundation, sadly i just got the wrong color. I got it in 50 soft beige ( i think thats the shade) but its still too light . However the foundation itself is nice although if you have dry skin i would avoid this foundation or any powder foundation because it can accentuates your patches. I wish they sold 60 or 70 cause i would buy those shades and they might actually match me well.

SOOOO how do i blend this ? well, i use a sponge for powder foundation because i dont have time to get my brush and blend it. There is no right way to blend this. However, you people may be thinking if the shade is too light then don't you look ghostly. & yes after application, i do BUT here the TRICK. after you apply the foundation, take your hand and since your hand has warmth blend the foundation on your face with your hand, the foundation will blend due to the friction you create with your hand/fingers. well thats how i do it and it works for me :)

BTW: get it now in walgreens they have it for 40% off :)

PROS:
    -Nice coverage
    -SPF 15 ( although i dont like spf)
    -Drugstore price=affordable

CONS:
    -hard to find the colors in stores :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by angelablair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder foundation for years. It covers up all imperfections and leaves your skin looking flawless. There's not a big variety of colors, but luckily it fits my skin tone perfectly. I hope they never discontinue this product, I don't know what I would do!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by crumpet71

Well, the reviews here inspired me to try it and I'm glad I did. I'm one of those girls who always has a liquid, a creme, and a powder foundation depending on what product suits my lifestyle and skin condition any given day. I like the ease and neatness of pressed powder foundations. Prior to this I would have said Palladio was hard to beat, but Maybelline did it. This is by far the most natural and non-masky looking powder foundation I've tried. It really looks like perfect skin, not overly made up at all. I use Ivory. So far, I'm most impressed by the spf 15 and the fact that it stayed put through a lunchtime workout. I use Hard Candy's Welcome Matte under and over it and the shine stays at bay. I wish the packaging was prettier and I removed the Maybelline stickers/labels, but it does what it says and it's affordable; the compact has a separate place for the sponge which I insist on and the sponge is plenty adequate. Good job Maybelline!