Clinique Color Surge Duo in Strawberry Fudge

4.3

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, sorbitan sesquioleate, nylon-12, aluminum myristate, potassium palmitate, tin oxide, alumina, silica, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [/- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) [] ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), carmine (ci 75470)]

on 6/21/2010 7:10:00 PM

I got this for free with some other samples. The first thing that struck me was the packaging. It is enclosed in a mirror case which I think is awesome and extremely handy. It then slides out and the two colors and brush are sitting neatly inside. At first glance it looks like pink and brown. Then I tried the colors, and realised that both the pink and brown have gold flecks in them! This is an epic idea, and it's wicked how both colors blend together nicely, however you can't really see the pink on my lids, it just looks gold. Maybe I need to view them in a different light or something.

on 5/31/2010 8:34:00 PM

The darker shade is a plummy brown with hint of gold very nice for crease! The lighter shade is peachy with gold undertone. very nice pigment on both so you can sheer it out or build it up. The two colors work well together, I have Milani illusion and that's a brighter pink with gold undertone, going to play with these three shades together over all happy with these 2 eyeshadows!!
lasting power : even with Clinique E/S I have to use primer or base I have oily lids.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was one of the first HE items that I ever purchased. It is my HG eyeshadow duo for everyday use. I have been buying this for the last 4 or 5 years.

on 4/20/2010 10:08:00 PM

Very good day time colors. The pink is very unusual and has gold in it. It is very intriguing and looks great on. Got this with a GWP and definitely like wearing it to the office everyday, I usually pair this with a nice light highlight on my browbone.

on 4/18/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

These colors are beautiful! I got this in the GWP, and I love it! The pinkish color is beautiful and unique. It kind of has a gold shimmer to it, but manages to look fresh and not over the top. The brown color is a perfect match for contouring. Love it!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

These colors are so beautiful! I think they're flattering for anyone with any kind of skin tone. They're really warm and shimmery and you can apply it both heavily for a night look, and lightly for a sweet daytime look. The product really lasts and it takes only a couple of dabs with the brush to be able to pack a lot of color. It applies so softly and smoothly and even the little brush in the case is really soft. I think this color combination is great, but I don't think I'll buy it again because I would like to experiment with other colors.

on 4/12/2010 12:07:00 PM

Best colour ever. It's a peach with gold reflections, looks natural but VERY pretty. HG eyeshadow colour. Never seen a colour like this before.

on 4/9/2010 5:32:00 AM

I love this color!!! I have searched for a loooooong time for the perfect new daytime color for me as I got a bit bored with my MAC naked lunch and my Shiseido H12 lemon sugar. The Shiseido is bit too boring and has no other color than subtle gold in it and the Naked lunch sometimes is a bit too pinkish for me.

I searched all brands for a long time from estee lauder to bobbi brown, dior,...you name it. but they were all a either too boring (like the shiseido, goldish, but just not very exciting), or too pigmented and popping for the daytime look i wanted to achieve.
The strawberry fudge is right in the middle and perfect!!!!! It looks a bit different on the eye than in the pan. It will actually come out as a peachy gold, really lovely and just the right amount of shimmer. nice highlighter too!
For light skintypes like me with brunette hair and blue eyes, i always think a subtle goldish tone with just a hint of color is the best daytime look and this is it! the only downside is that it builts up SOOO subtle. i always have to go over it like 3 or 4 times, thats a bit annoying. with the shiseido i only go over my lid once, but whatever, the result is definitly worth it!!!

on 4/2/2010 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a GWP and at first glance it doesn't look like much but it is a really great combo! Both colors are shimmery without being glittery. The pink is pretty subtle on me but the brown is super pigmented!! I love the way these look together and how easy it is just to throw on these two colors and go.

on 4/2/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Extremely pretty, blendable colors that work well together and great on my skintone. Amazing for a springtime look when paired with a berry lip.
The pink shows more gold in light, it's like a gold with peach/pink undertones on the lid even though in the pan and on a brush or sponge applicator it looks very strawberry pink. The brown looks quite pink when blended in and looked at in the light. Together they make a great, soft but bright, springy look. I think it could work on cooler skintones but it looks amazing on my medium warm skin. I could imagine that darker skin tones could use the pink as a highlight on the cheekbone too.

Love it and if I ever run out I will buy more!

Popular Eye Shadows