October 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

is not a pinky nude color.. is orange.. make your teeth look yellow.. not what i expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to try this lipstick after seeing the reviews/swatches on MUA. I am NC40 and this colour looks gorgeous. It really brightens up my face. Its not a nude colour but its subtle enough to work with smokey eye and is office appropriate. It actually makes my lips look plump and kinda sexy! The matte formula is drying and I usually stay away from it but I found this to be creamier than other matte formulas. I still need to put some lip balm before to keep it from making my lips look dry. I like this colour so much that I think I might wear it on my wedding day!
UPDATE: I did wear this on my wedding day and it was the perfect colour! It really flattered my face and made my lips look gorgeous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Completely matte!
Pinkish Nudish.
Looks great on my NC30, yellow toned skin.
Have to exfoliate lips before using this, so lips look nice and smooth (but then again lips should be exfoliated before usage of all matte lipsticks).
Definitely my one of my favorite everyday lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If there ever was such a thing as a brightening nude lip colour, this would be it.

On me (NC37/40 neutral-yellow skin, pigmented lips) Kinda Sexy is a coral/peachy pink nude (I'd think an MLBB shade if my lips were less pigmented).

I love the shade, and the finish (matte) but being matte it tends to be drying. I still won't knock off a lipstick for that though because this problem is easily overcome by priming the lips beforehand with a lipbalm (rub lipbalm, continue with makeup, blot lipbalm with tissue and apply Kinda Sexy). Layering a lip primer underneath it should also help, as I have found MAC's Prep + Prime Lip to be helpful with preventing dryness and helping the colour stay on longer.

I get compliments a lot wearing Kinda Sexy so i will keep buying it for sure!

ETA: I'm on my 6th tube of Kinda Sexy. I just LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great color on! On me it has a fleshy/coral/muted pink tone. The name really says it all.
The formula is very smooth and pretty creamy for a mate. That is kinda good!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by bettyboopjkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good solid packaging, gorgeous color on asian/darkers skins. It really is kinda sexy! I am not a fan of lipsticks and prefer lipstains and glosses, but this lipstick is such a pretty color and goes on easily without overly drying my lips. I use it with a bit of gloss over the top to add some shine-but that's just a personal preference, I'm not overly fond of matt lipsticks- I feel like they make your face look older and your lips smaller.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I kinda love Kinda Sexy! It's my favorite lip color at the moment. I have pigmented lips and this is slightly brighter than my natural lip color, which is rosy-mauveish. My previous MLBB lip color was MAC Hug Me, but I realized it was leaning a bit brown on me so I started looking for a brighter MLBB shade. Kinda Sexy is a bit drying and accentuates dry lips due to the matte formula, so I wear lip balm underneath and top with NARS Chihuahua gloss on top. It's definitely less brown than Velvet Teddy and has some peach in it (but it's far from being salmon-y or orange). Compared to Brave, Brave is cooler and pinker.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an NW15 with highly pigmented lips. I was hoping this would be a more 'nude' colour but it pulls quite orange on my lips and isn't particularly flattering. I can make this work by slicking a pink gloss over the top but it certainly isn't a nude shade for me. I have seen this look a beautiful nude lip colour on others, however, so if you have a similar colouring to me you may want to test it first. I am also not a huge fan of the MAC matte formula, though for some reason I seem to have accumulated a few. Nevertheless, it has excellent pigmentation and I can understand why this has good reviews - it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This has never happened to me before. Not once, but twice I went into MAC, they recommended this lipstick. Twice I walked away. I actually got SandyB instead. I Then I decided I just couldn't live with the frost, returned it, and got Kinda Sexy instead. I never end up getting what the MAC ladies recommend for me! Ever!
The more I wear this lipstick the more I love it. Part of the reason I didn't want to buy it before was that I thought it was too dark and I don't like really dark lips. The other is I have NYX Frappacino and Revlon Mauve It Over, which are both extremely similar and way too dark. Swatched side by side, Mauve It Over is almost identical to Kinda Sexy, but the weird thing is they look different on the lips. Kinda Sexy is lighter and less brown. I tend to wear it with just a dot of lipgloss in the center of my lips to give it a little dimension. I'd say it's a warmer lipstick, but I wear really really warm lipsticks so this is more of a neutral one for me. I've worn it with everything. It gives me great color without being too bright and too dark. This is approaching HG for me. Between this and Shy Girl, I'm set. If you are a natural redhead, you have to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Trishaaa0915

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I've been looking for a natural looking lip color that flatters my nc35 skin tone and this lipstick made my lips look so pretty! I will definitely purchase again!