MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 1/21/2012 6:32:00 AM

I'M IN LOVE WITH THE COLOR

Definitely a repurchase! It's a bit too drying but the color is so gorgeousssss it's a perfect color for everyday use!

on 10/31/2011 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

it is a peachy nude, and uber matte so might be drying.

on 9/27/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

For starters i'm super picky when it comes to nude lipsticks and with that being said, I'm really happy that I decided to purchase this color. I think i may be in love :) It looks amazing against my skintone. It shows up as a very flattering light pinky/beige nude shade on my lips. Looks great with smokey eyes or just as an everyday color. I'm kinda surprised with how much i like this lipstick because i'm not one to swoon over pinks.....very rare. I also love the matte consistency...stays on longer..love that. If you have tan to dark tan skin i'd highly recommend looking into Kinda Sexy.

on 9/15/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This shade has just become my new HG nude. For reference I'm nc35-37 (winter) nc42 (summer) with very warm undertones and pigmented lips. I had been using Freckletone as my HG nude for 3 yrs. However I got tired of Freckletone's luster formula and the fact that I wanted a more pinky/peach nude that had more coverage and that will last longer than a luster. Well finally! I don't know how or why I kept passing this up in the MAC store. Maybe because it looked so similar to Velvet Teddy and Mocha in the tube, both of which I already owned. On my lips is where the huge difference is evident. On me, this shade is the perfect balance of pink/peach and brown and tends to pull slightly more peach than pink. Unlike Velvet Teddy which is a bit too cool and grayish looking for my skin tone, Kinda Sexy brightens up and flatters my complexion and brings out the warmth in it. It's a matte formula and a bit drying when worn alone. I wear a balm underneath and top it off with a clear gloss. When worn alone, it lasts about 5 hrs without eating.

How it compares to other nude/nudish l/s I have: Brighter, warmer and almost a shade lighter than Velvet Teddy (although they look similar in the tube). Brighter, pinker and less orangey-brown than Mocha. Brighter, warmer and less pink/mauve than High Def and Brave New Bronze. A bit pinker, brighter and a lot more opaque than Freckletone. To sum it all up, it's my perfect nude. If you have similar skin tone like me and you found Velvet Teddy too cool/grayish for you, try this shade.

on 8/5/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Perfect peachy-nude color on my NC30 skin. Love the texture (it's a Matte) but it does need properly moisturized lips otherwise it can be a drying.

on 7/31/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am NC 45 and the color is beautiful on me! Its appears very nude on me but has a slight pinkish look. I see that the color appearance varies from skin tone to skin tone. This was the first lipstick color i ever bought from MAC and i still use it til this day!! ;)

on 7/27/2011 8:52:00 PM

I'm in love with the color, but the lipstick is just too drying (I know its a matte) and as much as I want to use this lipstick I don't because it just makes my lips look very dry. I have tried to use a lip balm underneath and its a bit better, but not that much. The color if perfect, but if you have even slightly dry lips I think it would only make it more obvious. I like the luster finish better.

Update: I've been using Bobbi Brown Ballet Pink 13 in the formula Sheer Lip Color. It's not sheer at all, but it is creamy and very comfortable to wear. I think Ballet Pink is actually a good dupe or replacement for Kinda Sexy. I know it's more expensive, but if you like the shade this Bobbi Brown lipstick is a good option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

kinda sexy is beautiful on my golden olive skin tone ....absolutely beautiful...it wears for hours....highly recommended! I like it with boldly bare lipliner

on 6/14/2011 6:52:00 AM

Mac is not cheap in Europe (1 lipstick is around 18 euro = $ 25,97 ), but Kinda Sexy is worth it :-)! Great colour :-)

on 6/6/2011 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

love this lipstick. when i first started buying MAC lipsticks i chose all the extra bright ones (snob, saint germain, lady danger) etc, but now i've realised that it's the more neutral shades that i actually wear. i recently got this lipstick in a swap and it's so flattering and lovely, a perfect 'my lips but better' shade as i have pigmented lips. haven't stopped wearing it since i got it! i'm probably NC20-30 at the moment thanks to a bit of fake tan but i still think it would look good even if i was my natural NC15! highly recommended.

Popular Lipsticks