MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't own many MAC shadows, but I do like this one a lot. I'm not sure that it's terribly unique now, but at the time that I got it it kinda was. I am very fair with red hair and blue eyes, and I find that this is a really pretty shade for me. However, it also does work nicely on darker eyes and skintones as well. It's nicely pigmented and wears pretty well, but I do need primer with all MAC shadows.

on 6/23/2011 1:06:00 AM

My favorite eyeshadow. Period. There's nothing to compare to this with green eyes. It's really not very pink on my skin (NW20), and looks mostly coppery with a hint of peach. Paired with Retrospeck in the crease, it creates a flawless look that's noticeable, but classic, pretty, and understated. This is a daily e/s for me, and therefore I shall need to buy again!

I have not had it fade on me, and I tend to wear it all day. It can crease, but just slightly, with a primer.

on 6/22/2011 4:20:00 PM

This is my favourite eyeshadow of all time!! It has it's problems - I've found that after 4 hours it will crease and dramatically fade in colour which doesn't happen with any of my other MAC Eyeshadows - but I'm willing to forgive all of that because of the colour. On me (fair-medium, warm), it is a lovely copper-orange shade (I don't see any pink) which I never thought I'd like (I'm one of those people who are strictly brown, brown, brown when it comes to eyeshadow!!) but it instantly lifts my face and makes me look more awake and just generally brighter and fresher. I've never experienced this with an eyeshadow before and believe me I love it!! I don't re-purchase anything unless I absolutely cannot live without it - and this is one of those very few products despite it's faults.

on 4/25/2011 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

SUch a fun color! Very versatile! Can be worn by itself for a cute look, or can be worn with a dark brown or grey for a soft smoky eye! LOVE!

on 4/15/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is such an amazing colour! I used to own Paradisco, but it was too orange for me. Expensive is what I wanted - mix of pink/gold/coral with a lovely finish. I like to pair this with Omega in the crease, touch of Signed&Sealed around the lashline, some matte white eyeshadow, black gel liner and mighty aphrodite/dollymix blushes. Maybe this colour doesn't suit anybody, but it's a fun! I am happy to have this eyeshadow in my MAC collection.

on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was absolutely gorgeous in the pan! Loved it the second I saw it and then realized it was the famous Expensive Pink.

Love the veluxe pearl finish. Pigmentation is fine, though not as outstanding as I expected for all the MAC hype.

The problem is that it just looks orange on me. In the pan I see pink and gold and some orange...on my lids it's a completely unflattering orange.

Too bad.

on 4/1/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This e/s was one of my staples for years. Its a beautiful pink with a golden finish. I don't wear it anymore because I'm in a "natural" makeup phase at the moment. If I start wearing e/s again, I'll definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i recently got this and love this! it's such a pretty wearable pink. i'm not a big fan of wearing anything besides natrual browns to school but this will be my only exception. the color in the pan is how it comes out on your eye.

on 3/31/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I had a difficult time writing a review for Expensive Pink, because I have mixed feelings about it. It's a very pretty color, and it's very pretty for daytime looks, but I don't use it very often. It was one of my first MAC eyeshadows and I think that's why I'm attached to it, but at this point I'm kind of indifferent about it. It's a little too boring for my taste. I still don't know if I'll repurchase.