October 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SUch a fun color! Very versatile! Can be worn by itself for a cute look, or can be worn with a dark brown or grey for a soft smoky eye! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is such an amazing colour! I used to own Paradisco, but it was too orange for me. Expensive is what I wanted - mix of pink/gold/coral with a lovely finish. I like to pair this with Omega in the crease, touch of Signed&Sealed around the lashline, some matte white eyeshadow, black gel liner and mighty aphrodite/dollymix blushes. Maybe this colour doesn't suit anybody, but it's a fun! I am happy to have this eyeshadow in my MAC collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was absolutely gorgeous in the pan! Loved it the second I saw it and then realized it was the famous Expensive Pink.

Love the veluxe pearl finish. Pigmentation is fine, though not as outstanding as I expected for all the MAC hype.

The problem is that it just looks orange on me. In the pan I see pink and gold and some orange...on my lids it's a completely unflattering orange.

Too bad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by rgngomez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This e/s was one of my staples for years. Its a beautiful pink with a golden finish. I don't wear it anymore because I'm in a "natural" makeup phase at the moment. If I start wearing e/s again, I'll definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i recently got this and love this! it's such a pretty wearable pink. i'm not a big fan of wearing anything besides natrual browns to school but this will be my only exception. the color in the pan is how it comes out on your eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a difficult time writing a review for Expensive Pink, because I have mixed feelings about it. It's a very pretty color, and it's very pretty for daytime looks, but I don't use it very often. It was one of my first MAC eyeshadows and I think that's why I'm attached to it, but at this point I'm kind of indifferent about it. It's a little too boring for my taste. I still don't know if I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by alee33

Expensive pink is a beautiful and unique colour and I love how the texture of this eyeshadow is silky smooth. I would never have picked this colour out myself but my friend recommended it and I'm so glad she did. It is very wearable and is not too bright which is great for people who want a pop of colour but not something too gaudy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by coco978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a georgous color!!!
I got this e/s as an extra last time I went to a Mac store, mainly cause I heard so many girls raving about it. I didn't mean to purchase it in the first place but I'm so glad I did.
I would describe the color as a nice antique pink, with a nice touch of gold in it.
This e/s is so easy to use, the finish is a veluxe pearl, and that's my first and only e/s so far with this finish. So maybe it's due to this finish but I just love the quality of it. I feel like the e/s is almost creamy, and you don't need a lot a product to actually have a nice color on the eye.
I think this color is flattering on anybody. I find it harder for pale skin / blue or green eyes to find an e/s shadow that's flattering and to me, expensive pink is an excellent choice.

I find that the best way to use it is to apply it on the lid. Looks good when used with satin taupe, paradisco, passionate. Well it can be used with many colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

Pink shadows never appealed much to me, I have brown eyes and pink is actually a color that is recommended for brown eyes, but on me I always felt like it looked plain and even cheap at times. Enter Expensive Pink. This shadow looks so gorgeous on my lids and makes my brown eyes glow, This has a lot of gold to it and the pink is a medium, classic pink shade. It looks great paired with a soft brown, particularly GoLightly from Stila, in the crease and Maybelline On the Rocks eyeliner. Another look I love is to blend this with the Shagri-La e/s trio from NYX, it creates a gorgeous soft bohemian look. I am forever finding new ways to wear my Expensive Pink and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I got mine in the Neo Science collection so it comes in the hot neon orange packaging which I love!