October 26, 2014 | 1007 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by danerly

I really like this blemish stick. It dries zits right up without drying out your skin. Whenever I have used this on a blemish, within a day or two, the blemish has shrunk down to almost nothing. Some people might not like the smell of this product -- it is a bit strong and may smell a bit medicinal. However, I sort of like it. It has a strong herbal scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont really like the roller ball design, sometimes its hard to get it started, and you have to make sure you are holding the container upside down which is annoying. That said, once its on, it works great. It shrunk up the godzitta I had on my cheek by half overnight. The moisturizer I was using clogged my pores so I used this all over my cheeks and the next morning they were much clearer and my pores had shrunk back down. Even my SO who HATES all my skin care stuff (says it stinks) used it on a pimple and and it shrunk overnight and she said it wasnt painful anymore. If she can be convinced, it must be great. Give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by cnazario

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't do a lot of reviews but I just had to say something about this product. I was desperate for a product to control my breakouts which I was especially prone to a week before my period. I'd been using a Neutrogena blemish cream since I was teenager but noticed it just wasn't effective anymore and was very drying. I saw this product in the health food store and decided to give it a try. Like other reviewers I was amazed at how well it worked. It helps heal pimples and prevent scarring while also helping to prevent future breakouts. My husband hates the smell (kind of herbal medicinal) but it's actually grown on me. I use it daily especially in the T-zone. I also wanted to add that it is also excellent on bug bites. I live in Hawaii where mosquitos can be a problem and putting this on the bites helps them to stop itchiing and heals them faster. I kind of like the roller ball applicator but it can leak if not kept in an upright position. I keep the one in my purse in a small plastic baggy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by gemhorse16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on MUA for awhile now and have yet to find a product worth reviewing...until now! I had actually first tried this product about 4 or 5 years ago and I honestly can't remember why I stopped (maybe the smell?). I decided to give it a try again a few months ago when I saw all the great reviews here and am so glad I did. The smell is a bit off-putting, but my nose eventually got used to it. Anyway, this product is amazing. The directions say to use it 5-6 times daily. Personally, I think it varies per person b/c I only use it 2x/day and get great results; I carry the product everywhere I go and put the product on the pimple itself and on areas that are prone to break-outs. I used to consistently have at least 1 monster pimple around my chin and cheek area. After using this for a couple of months my skin is pimple-free; even my husband has noticed the difference (he said my skin has been glowing!)and now as his own blemish stick. The product does sting a little when I put it directly on a pimple, but I'm willing to put up w/ a little pain to get great results. I'm just finishing up my first container and will definitely be buying another at my local Trader Joe's (this is also available online); you can't beat the price! FYI, my skin is oily/combo, mostly oily on the T-zone and tends to get a tad drier in the winter. I'm using this blemish stick in conjunction with Laventine's Olive Forte cleansing oil (also fabulous!) and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin moisturizer with SPF 45. I love this stuff! Go out and buy it...it really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by akk23

OK this stuff rocks! I have tried just about every spot treatment out there and this actually does what it claims! I get the occasional "under the skin, mean, takes forever to go away, blemish" and this will make it disappear.
I read reviews here and thought I'd try it out. I was so shocked when I applied it to a new bump that I could feel forming and in 2 days it was gone! I mean no where to be seen...completely gone! In the past it would take more than a week for it to go away with a spot treatment of BP or SA.
I gave it a four because of the smell (my husband was like ewwww) and as others have mentioned it leaks a bit. I found that if you just take the roller part off and dip a q-tip in there its even more affective. Also the skin around the blemish got a bit flaky but is nothing a little extra moisturizer won't fix. I have already purchased a back-up because I have never found anything that actually makes the blemish go away and quick! If you apply it as soon as you feel a blemish coming on it stops it from fully forming! Its worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Tea Tree Oil is so great for my skin! This blemish stick is no exception. I put it on the blemish and it's pretty much healing or gone in a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I am in love with this product! I had a little blemish by my mouth and this thing dried it up with in about 10 hours! And I had a little tiny cut on my hand and it healed it within the same amount of time. It is easy to use and really effective. It does have alcohol in it and can be drying and I would use it sparingly. It doesn't smell that great but I am willing to overlook that. My skin is SO sensitive and I am happy to find something that I can use to heal little cuts and blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by havenexpress

It works! I just bought this a few days ago at Trader Joe's to keep around just in case I get an acne or two. Last night, I felt a bump on my chin, looked in the mirror and there it was, this red bump below my lips. Perfect, I got to use my blemish touch stick! So I did. It didn't sting me and the smell didn't bother me either. That was last night around 1am. 8 hours later, I'm at my laptop typing out this review because I C.A.N.N.O.T. find the bump anymore! In fact, I kept touching my face to see if it's still there - I should stop!

All in all, awesome product for $5+! This worked faster than my Kinerase blemish roller that costs $39 for one third of the product (I loved Kinerase but I sure am not going to spend $117 on the blemish roller anymore to get the equivalent of the $5.29 of Desert Essence.). Not sure how it would perform on those nasty cystic acne but hopefully I won't be getting one anytime soon. I'm so thrilled right now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by megwest

Like many of the other reviewers, I found this product while browsing in Trader Joe's. It was about six dollars with my local sales tax.
Through out the years, I've tried product after product to keep my face clear. Nothing seems to really WORK. Things help, but no miracles. I never have terrible break outs, usually just once a month. But -- this last month, I started the pill to help treat a stomach condition, but I had a crazy reaction to it. I was constantly broken out!
When I bought the stick, I couldn't wait five minutes to put it on, I used it while waiting at my first red light! Ten minutes later, I checked my face in the mirror... and the redness was going away and things started clearing up!
It's been two days since my purchase, and I'm pretty much cleared up for the first time in a month! I've used witch hazel products on my face before, without much improvement... so I believe the key is the tea tree oil. I love this product so much... that I even recommended it to friends a few hours after buying it.

My only complaint is the roll-ball applicator... it's kinda leaky.

I also purchased the face wipes, which I plan to review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

This stuff is fantastic and gets rid of my blemishes quickly. I also use it as a preventive over my nose and temples (where I seem to get most of my zits). I'm very allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicytic Acid doesn't seem to do much for my skin. I have used straight tea tree oil before for my blemishes, but this stuff, for whatever reason, seems to work much better.