April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by dalena247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use it on my hair...I use it everywhere else!!! Makes you feel so cool and tingly you'll forget to miss your boyfriend! Oooooh I LOOOOOVE this stuff! PS_ it's especially good at the end of a hot day or after you've been working out. Aaaaaahhh- it makes you fresher than ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by glitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the tea tree special shampoo and tea tree conditioner.

After using it for the past couple of weeks, I can definiteliy say it should only be used for clarifying. After using it, my scalp feels refreshed and my hair feels light with no build-up. These products should really only be used 1-2x a week since it is quite strong and can be drying after continuous use. I use it once a week, and I have dyed, thick, straight hair with dry ends and oily roots.

Overall I think this is an excellent clarifying combo. It feels great, works well and the smell doesn't bother me and it doesnt linger for too long (it smells like tea tree oil and menthol mixed together). It's quite strong when using it in the shower, but it does fade and it's non-offensive when my hair is dry. The products are typically quite expensive but I got a decent deal at my salon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I don't actually use this product. My fiance's hair started growing back after chemo and I wanted to get him something special for Christmas to wash it. Up until this point he was using his Clearasil face wash on his head (Ugh, don't ask!). In the past he used and loved American Crew and he still does. I saw a gift set of this Tea Tree line and my future sister-in-law said my fiance's brother loved this stuff. So I thought I'd give it a try. It was perfect! He said he really loved it and, believe me, he's pretty picky about this stuff. So I'll definitely get it for him again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is a very strong shampoo and with repeated use really dried out my scalp and hair. It was a disaster for me and will not use again. I had tons more flakes using this shampoo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have flaky, itchy scalp but my hair gets oily easily- i was using head and shoulders and my stylist recommended the paul mitchell tea tree oil s&c to get rid of the buildup in my hair (the head and shoulders left my hair sticky at the scalp but solved the itchiness/flakiness) -------- PROS: -tingling scalp really helps wake me up in the morning - tingling sensation feels awesome and feels like its cleaning my hair out -my hair feels clarified and light - stopped all itchiness/flakiness
---------- CONS: -the smell is a bit overwhelming (peppermint) ----------------- i would definitely recommend this line of s&c.... i almost want to call it my HG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by divinemisscopa

Awesome, awesome stuff!!! Makes my hair clean and manageable without overdrying. It's also a wonderful, fresh wake-up aid in the morning with the cooling effect of the tea tree oil on my face. It's good to use this about 2-3 times per week to control oil in my hair. Helps control dandruff, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mirrorpalais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this line. does wonders for my oily scalp and has an invigorating scent that is intensified by the steam of a hot shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bleeched8807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hey, guys...i go to the paul mitchell academy, so i know all about the paul mitchell products...one thing a lot of people haven't stated is that you CAN NOT use the tea tree line on colored hair. it WILL strip your color. if you use it once a week to clarify, you're fine. but don't use it every day. use the Color Protect shampoo and conditioner every day if you color your hair.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love PM's Tea Tree line. It smells so invigorating and the shampoo makes my scalp tingle. That makes me happy. I love the shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I use the Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner everyday. It smells clean and as most have stated it does tingle the scalp. It works great for dandruff control and makes my hair soft and silky. It doesn't do much in the way of volume, but it is a nice cleanser and conditioner. It is good for all hair types. Mine is color treated, wavy and frizz prone, but doesn't dry it out. My hubby loves it too. It will sting like the dickens if you get it into your eyes so watch out for that.