July 31, 2014 | 1805 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by wingcharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After being convinced with the positive reviews here, I finally bought this product. I am now using it for 3 months and it's doing just fine on my face.

I don't really know if this TM is exceptional because this is the only second brand of TM that I've used so I can only compare it with my previous Wet n' Wild TM.

When it comes to coverage, it does alright. I don't really have any zit problem so it fairly evens out my skin tone, fades dark spots and blemishes. It's not really like foundation or concealer with heavy coverage but this TM is enough for me as I'm not a heavy makeup user and still prefers the natural look. What I do is apply this in my face then use concealer under my eyes and side of the nose and then apply blush and lipstick and that's it, my face looks flawless.

One thing I also like is that it feels very light on my face like a regular moisturiser and doesn't cause breakout.

The only thing I hate is the packaging because it could easily spill when you push the tube accidentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

From 4, to 3 stars.

It's ok as a tinted moisturizer... as it says, a moisturizer with a tint.

but I guess, I'm really looking for something that would give me an overall coverage and would last long on my face... but not too heavy like foundation.

After several use, I noticed that it doesn't help with my under eye circles. I use a concealer but they make me look worse.

It doesn't last long on my face too. The tube is no good as it easily spills the content.

Now I'm using Missha which solves all my makeup needs. I don't use concealer anymore, not even for my undereye circles since this BB cream is enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melikemochi

I first tried this product about 2 years ago and LOVED it so much that I bought a backup! I'm sensitive to face products that feel like a mask or look cakey. I have pretty good skin, no break outs, just freckles and some redness/hyper-pigmentation. I wanted something that provided some evening out of my skin tone that I could not feel sitting on my skin. This remember liking this product bc it seemed to even me out a bit but yet had an easy fool-proof application. I could apply it lightly or heavily with my fingers and there was never any streaking or uneveness. The color I felt was forgiving because it was sheer. Bisque is PERFECT for my nc30 skin (some SA recommended sand but I felt bisque matched my yellow undertones better). Sometimes I wore it with MAC MSF Natural in med+ over it. Very natural no makeup-look. The packaging is bad if you plan to travel or transport. I'm pretty careful but a lot of product squirted out into the cap and was wasted. Shouldn't be a problem if you store it cap up and don't take it anywhere. No breakouts from it. Always looked great. Fresh and like I wasn't wearing anything and no clinging to dry areas.

Fast forward to now: I think it's too expensive, $43, for a lotion. If you feel like splurging for a lotion that gives the slightest tiny amount of coverage (if you look REALLY REALLY closely), then you will be happy with it. I put this on half my face and nothing on the other half the other day.... if I looked REAL closely and used a tiny bit of imagination... I could see that my skin was ever so slightly more even (toned down redness a tiny bit) on the TM side but nothing else was covered. An hour later, I couldn't even see the difference (and I looked outside, indoors, and indoors with natural light). I'm on a makeup budget and so wouldn't repurchase this and regret getting the backup. For $43, I expect this to do more for me. I would rather buy Urban Decay naked skin.... it is a foundation but I would say its the same thing in that you cannot feel it on your skin whatsoever but provides light to med coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

i buy travel size version in sand.
it works well if i dont have too much skin blemishes or pigmentation to cover

i like LM b/c its so light and not heavy feeling at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Good tinted moisturizer, gives a nice coverage over all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dayoldsushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this version over the oil-free, which has an odd texture imho. Its light but provides coverage. It does a good job of evening out my skin tone with a very natural finish. I found it to be moisturising on my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by sleepytimesamba

I am happy with this product, it provides enough coverage to cover up redness and make my skin glow. This is my first time using a tinted moisturiser so I will be trying another brand after this tube has finished to see if there are any others that I prefer to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference i used the one for dry skin not the oil free version. This product is very hyped and i wanted to see what the fuss was about. So i purchased it in nude s the shade up was too dark.

Did not like this at all. felt very uncomfortable and too dry for my skin type. Was very flat and just did nothing for me. I did try it for a while and tried mixing things with it but it was not very flattering on me. I got so fed up of trying to use it up i ended up giving it away to charity.

try to test before you buy. not always easy in the UK but at least put it on in the shop and walk around with it for a day before comitting. its very expansive and i think there are better products out there for chpear. this product has too much hype and i do not think ts worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MayaFrasier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like foundations because they feel like I'm wearing a mask of paint on my face. This works really well for sheer coverage and evening out my skin tone. Paired with concealer, it does wonders. I wear it over top Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer and my skin looks flawless. My shade is Bisque, which surprised me because it seemed light for my tan, Mediterranean skin tone. If you are going to get this, I don't recommend getting it online because finding your shade can really be tricky.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Lrodway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The consistency of this product isn't great; its not very blendable and tends to leave 'tide-marks'. As a tinted moisturiser, one wouldn't expect any real coverage, but the colour is a bit rubbish! I bought it to even out my skin tone on days I don't want a face of foundation, but it's not great. It is around £33 in the UK - which, in my opinion, is hugely overpriced for a less-than-amazing product. Secondly, the packaging is very cheap and of poor quality. I find that the product oozes out too easily. Although it is great for chucking in your handbag, I'd be scared of it leaking. For the price you would definitely expect a little bit more thought and effort to be invested in the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedskier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am impressed with how nicely this tinted moisturizer matches my skin. It is light weight and has medium coverage. I add a fuller coverage foundation around my eyes and nose. The price to be a bit high but it's a good quality product that will match most skin tones and doesn't wear off unless you're doing excessive exercise.