November 26, 2014 | 1563 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Lindsxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Laura's line. This tinted moisturizer is a light coverage with a light finish and her powder follows very nicely as a beautiful finish!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

Since my skin is very dry, it is hard for me to find a perfect foundation or bb cream or tinted moisturiser that is not emphasising my flakiness. But then I heard that many people raving about this product and I decided to buy it at Sephora for 68 SGD. It's hydrating and not really emphasising my flakiness, yes, but it just make my skin dull for somewhat reason. I tried to apply it with Beauty Blender or my Chanel Foundation Brush No 6, or with different primer such as Guerlain Meteorites Primer, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Chanel Base Lumiere, but still it gives me such a dull finish. I was frustrated. I really want to love this product, but I just couldn't. I give this product 3 lippies since it's not make my skin break out (my skin is sensitive) and not emphasising my flakiness.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

When I first got into make up years ago, I used to love this product. This used to be the only high end product that I had, as I even repurchased it. I have pretty good skin and this would be enough to cover the blemishes. But when I had an area of breakout, I felt that this wouldn't cover it up. The color is very sheer and moisturizing. It didn't break me out, though I don't have particularly sensitive skin.

Now, I would not repurchase this product as it is super expensive for what it is. It is basically a lotion with very minimal coverage. And if I am looking for the nearly bare skin look, there is not need to splurge on the high end stuff. I can barely tell the difference between this coverage and my bare skin. I would rather use a cheaper BB cream for every day wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate returning things & usually try to make things work but I HATED this is foundation so much that I went to return it the very next day. Maybe it's because I'm not used to tinted moisturizers but I had it. I felt like I was putting paint on my face and it looked very wet. I thought it would dry but it didn't. Not worth all the hype..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Laura Mercier's Tinted Mosturizer is a dewy, hydrating foundation that provides light, natural-looking coverage. I purchased the color "Nude" and it matches my skin color perfectly. This product is very blendable (I usually either use my fingers or a Sephora makeup sponge to apply it to my face evenly) and has sunscreen in it, which is a huge plus. Because this tinted mosturizer is water-based, it is also one of the few tinted mosturizers I've tried that didn't cause me to break out. I am really pleased with this product. I would definitely repurchase this tinted mosturizer and I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by ferndavidson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always wanted to buy this product but could not justify paying £33 for 40ml when I am in love with my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer which is £28 for 50ml.
However, when I stumbled across the House of Fraser website selling the bonus size of this, solely in my colour (nude) and it was half price at 100ML FOR £20 (that is not a typo of an extra zero there) I just had to buy it.
It's a good product but Bobbi Brown beats it, still can't justify the price tag and therefore wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I seem to always come back to this. It travels well, evens skin tone a bit and is hydrating, great for combo-dry skin. Perfect for good skin days and for those preferring that dewy, minamalist finish but does tend to look more on the greasy side if you are outdoors for extended periods of time in warmer climates. I have purchased this three times in the last five years or so which is saying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by frugal2

I am East Asian, light-medium skin tone (I use SAND), dry-ish skin, 38 years old, live in Southern Cal. I love that this has sunscreen. It feels good on my skin and moisturizes and leaves my skin looking very even in color even though the coverage is light. I like to use a dry powder to finish when I don't want to look dewy. This is great stuff, but i have to say that the Lumene BB cream to me is as good as this for about 1/4th the price and i only just tried this today because I got a tiny sample from my local CVS. BTW, I've been accused of being a shill because I'm not on the boards often. In my defense, I only review items when they wow me or really disappoint me. if it's just ok then i'm not motivated to tell anybody. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by sabrinadi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a trip to Asia. Unfortunately, I was tanner than usual at that point, so I bought a shade that is waaaay too dark for my skin in winter. In summer I can kind of get away with it. The only thing I can say is I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It gives you a good amount of coverage, taking away most of the redness on your face without being visible at all. It doesn't get all patchy and cling to the dry patches on my skin, even though the lasting power of this product is not the greatest. The packaging is not the greatest though because the tube leaks and wastes so much of the product - and the LM tinted moisturizer is too expensive for such a cheap packaging! So overall, if you're looking for that "no make up perfect skin"-look, I'd definitely recommend buying it. Even though it is pricey, it is worth every single penny. I am repurchasing the lighter shade for the wintertime.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by wingcharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After being convinced with the positive reviews here, I finally bought this product. I am now using it for 3 months and it's doing just fine on my face.

I don't really know if this TM is exceptional because this is the only second brand of TM that I've used so I can only compare it with my previous Wet n' Wild TM.

When it comes to coverage, it does alright. I don't really have any zit problem so it fairly evens out my skin tone, fades dark spots and blemishes. It's not really like foundation or concealer with heavy coverage but this TM is enough for me as I'm not a heavy makeup user and still prefers the natural look. What I do is apply this in my face then use concealer under my eyes and side of the nose and then apply blush and lipstick and that's it, my face looks flawless.

One thing I also like is that it feels very light on my face like a regular moisturiser and doesn't cause breakout.

The only thing I hate is the packaging because it could easily spill when you push the tube accidentally.

--------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

From 4, to 3 stars.

It's ok as a tinted moisturizer... as it says, a moisturizer with a tint.

but I guess, I'm really looking for something that would give me an overall coverage and would last long on my face... but not too heavy like foundation.

After several use, I noticed that it doesn't help with my under eye circles. I use a concealer but they make me look worse.

It doesn't last long on my face too. The tube is no good as it easily spills the content.

Now I'm using Missha which solves all my makeup needs. I don't use concealer anymore, not even for my undereye circles since this BB cream is enough.