November 22, 2014 | 1845 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LoveBareEscentuals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was told by the Benefit SA that this moisturizer holds 100x it's weight in water. Said it's extreemly hydrating & can even help calm redness in skin. I was kinda skeptical as this moisturizer has no anti-aging of any sorts, just plain moisturizer, but decided to give it a go.

For reference, I've got super dry skin (sensitive too) in winter which can get so dry to the point of peeling & bleeding. I've had the flakes go away since using it. My skin looks so radiant & feels like silk. I love how it feels on!!! I don't use it during the day though because I use AHA products & need a sunscreen, but this is definitely HG night time moisturizer for me =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by papanili

I absolutely love this cream! I have dry skin and my face is soft and smooth after applying this cream. My only complaint is that there is no SPF, otherwise, one of the best creams I have used at this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Tapestry

I was a bit hesitant to try this cream {because my face has become so sensitive}
    but after reading so many positive reviews I finally bought a jar and am I
    ever glad I did! This cream is amazing! My sensitive skin has had no untowards
    reaction to this cream and it has even soothed existing redness. I awoke to smoother, brighter skin! My pores are smaller too! The scent is pleasant and
    disappates within seconds. I can be allergic to scented creams, but not this one! Dryness is gone! Fine lines are plumped up! Dear John has truly satisfied me! I'll be comin' back for more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SullenGirl

I love this moisturizer. I have acne prone skin, and it has never made me breakout. It only takes a tiny tiny bit, so I think those who are saying it's too greasy are using way more than it takes. I apply this every morning before my makeup, and every night before bed. It makes my skin soft, and I haven't had any dry skin at all since I started using this product. I love love love it and would recommend it to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2006 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ekitney

Nothing special. The cream did not absorb well and managed to be both greasy and sticky. I had to wash it off. Glad I only had a sample. Also, this contains Propylene Glycol, as do many common cosmetics.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2006 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sirin123

It isnt hydrating enough even for my combination skin.I dont think it is very heavy for combo skin but for me its an avarage moisturizer, nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ndolbert

I was given a small sample of this last week at the Benefit counter and applied it lightly before going to bed. By the next morning, my skin felt so greasy, I couldn't wait to wash my face!!! To boot, I also got some small blemishes (quickly taken care of with my Body Shop blemish stick...ta daaaa)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

I have to say that I really like this one. In general, I think Benefit does a good job at delivering what they promise-- I was told at the counter that Dear John would moisturize my skin hours after application, smooth any unevenness, and even soothe some red on my cheeks from years of acne. Obviously, I was a bit skeptical about this, but IT ACTUALLY WORKED. It has done everything I was told it would do and more-- After only a few days of using it, I can already see a big difference in the texture and tone of my skin. I don't think it's too thick or heavy at all... If you find that it IS too much for you during the day, my advice is to simply use less. It really doesn't take much at all. Also, (and maybe this is just my imagination hoping here) I think it has visibly reduced the size of my pores. My only criticism of the product is in fact a warning of sorts-- I have combination skin with the whole oily t-zone thing and dry jawline, and I've found that the cream is better ued on the driest parts of the face. I definitely put it on the t-zone as well, but not quite as much. Otherwise, the face does seem a bit oily overall, making it difficult to apply makeup. In the end, you just have to play with it and see how it works with your own skin textures to find the right balance. A great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2006 11:15:00 AM More reviews by deena279

I have combination skin and this is much too heavy to use in the morning except in the dead of winter when my skin is much drier than usual. However, it's perfect for night, and it is now the only cream I will put on my face (day or night) before getting on an airplane...it keeps your skin supple and smooth even in the extremely dry cabin and I can finally step off a plane without feeling overly dry or greasy! I highly recommend this for anyone who has to log a lot of hours on flights.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hmmm, this facial moisturizer didn't really impress me. I liked that although it was thick and emollient, it wasn't greasy, the texture was kind of like a really, really concentrated gel. However, dear john left my skin kind of sticky and didn't sink in right away. Plus, $35 dollars is way too much to spend on such an average product.