September 23, 2014 | 1835 users online

Clothes - H & M - H&M Clothing (General)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love h&m!!they have clothes in cheap prices and much better quality compared to similar brands...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ANSTAH

H&M has a great selection of clothes and you can usually snag up something really worthwhile once in a while. the price is so reasonable and the fact that these stores keep popping up everywhere doesn't hurt either. I love their little red tag deals, sometimes you can get awesome things for such a bargain! the quality of clothes vary. i own quite a few of H&M clothing, and some are definitely higher quality than others, so i guess it really depends on what you purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I really hate the quality of H&M clothing in general but there are a few hidden gems there every once in a while. I got a really nice organic cotton cardigan there for about $12 there a few months ago and it has maintained it's form even after several washes. Usually when I buy things from H&M and then wash them, they lose their shape and become mangled and unrecognizable. I also love their lingerie because their bras fit me perfectly and don't make me look like I have cone boobs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by DarkDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love H&M because you van find nice tgings that no-one has. You will surely think "yeah right, everybody has the same things from there". But I have found a lot of clothes, and people came ask me where I found them, and when I said H&M, they won't believe me!
the quality isn't great, you can only wear it one or maximun 2 seasons, but for that price it's ok .

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BelleFemme

Overall I give H&M a three and a half. They have reasonable priced clothes and you can find pieces from time to time that you can work with. The only thing is now im finding the prices are going up. Maybe its just me, but the other day I went there and they had a bathing suit coverup for 70 bucks. I was like WHAT!!!!!!

Ridiculous but all in all its good for picking up something quick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by danai

I can only give H & M five lippies, but if it were possible I'd give them 50 or even 5000.
In case you're unfamiliar to H & M (which is highly unlikely) I'll give you my point of view.
PROS:
1. You can find absolutely everything and anything at H & M, seriously, no matter what your style, budget, age or taste is. From basic tees/wifebeaters/cardies to runway-inspired fashion forward stuff that could pass for designer; from conservative work suits/pants/skirts to rockstar/scene attire; from oversized sweaters and knitwear to super sexy little black dresses; from church-going dresses to edgy, eccentric stuff. It's all there, seriously.
2. The price level varies from more than reasonable to incredibly cheap, depending on the style and the fabric. Everything is affordable even for people on a budget, which means you can keep up with the latest trends or religiously follow your own style pattern without spending a ton of money.
3. No pushy sales ladies, you're free to dig into the stuff without anyone bothering you (except the next girl eyeing the last size available of your lemming).
4. You can find a ton of underwear, jewellery, shoes and accessories at unbelievable prices (for example you get fab earrings for as little as 3.99 and necklaces for 5.99).
5.They also carry amazing menswear and cute clothes for kids.
6.There's new and different stuff literally every day. Which means, if you like it, please get it immidiately or ask them to set it aside for you (which in my country they do, for one or two days). You might never see it again.
7.The clothes are cheap but not necessarily cheaply made; sure they may not last you a lifetime, however most of them look rather chic and classy, also depending on what you choose and how you wear it of course (given the fact that you get an enormous range of clothes; yup, there's also teeny weeny skirts and hot pink lace leggings if you're willing to go there).
CONS:
1. The stores are always so full of people it can get annoying at times; at least where I live (but I guess pretty much everywhere else too) H & M stores can be crowded to the point that you have to wait for more than ten minutes to get to the dressing rooms or to the cashier. And of course you should forget about it on Saturday mornings.
2. You cannot count on any help from the sales ladies; they're there mainly to clean up the mess customers leave behind as they dig into clothes. Which means you have to find what you want by yourself, and if it's not on the shelf it's probably unavailable at the time. It may come back later though.
3. The quality is not always that amazing. This definitely doesn't mean that you have to expect anything to fall apart by the third time you get to wear it; I've personally had H & M clothes for years that are perfectly wearable today. However they do tend to lose buttons/get slightly flawed. Quite honestly though I've had much more exensive stuff that didn't last that well either, so that's not necessarily a turnoff to me. Generally at H & M most of the time the price is more than reasonable for what you get.
To sum things up, IMHO any lady has every possible reason to visit H & M regularly. Even if you prefer very durable clothes, designer stuff and personalised service, a visit at H & M every now and then can keep you looking like a fashion expert cheaply.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by brandyalexander

In general, I love H&M clothing. I do, however, find it to be a bit cheap from time to time. The coat I bought there this winter lost a button within 2 weeks, and I've had shirts get holes in random places after only a couple wears. Kudos to them, though, for always attaching an extra button inside the shirts/coats. The prices are usually very reasonable-cheap, so when I shop there, I tend to buy a lot at once. However, you get what you pay for and that could explain lost buttons and surprise holes in my clothes. I will continue to shop there though. Overall, all of my experiences have been pleasant, it's affordable, and the clothes are constantly changing. I can keep up with the layest styles for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I grew up with H&M and am so glad that after I moved to the US they came here too! It is cheap clothing that doesn't look cheap. In fact, sometimes it really looks high fasion. A lot of it is cotton or other easy fabrics with original designs and details. Also, the sizes always fit, so I often buy things without trying them on.
Only downside, its dirt cheap, so it is not always the best quality. But I also have basic shirts I bought 5+ years ago that still get some wear in them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy work clothes and accessories from H&M. Great for its price. It's kind of like Forever21, so I wash them pretty carefully. It's affordable and doesn't look cheap. Pretty good deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the most part I like H & M clothes but sometimes they fit funny. I always have to try on a few sizes because I find the number can vary quite a bit. I also love their accessories. I got a purse there that I love and some cute silver shoes. All very reasonably priced. I have been shopping at this store for years and I usually find things I like.