April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Alirae

After having used Davines' Melu shampoo and conditioner for over a year, I decided to give something a little less expensive a try. After first using Redken's All Soft shampoo and conditioner I immediately noticed that my hair looked less weighed down from product, cleaner and very soft as well. I am very happy with this product but I do wish the yummy smell stayed longer on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair : shoulder length, highlighted, fine textured but reasonable amounts of it, dry ends, oily roots, washed daily. Reasonable condition with light damage from highlights and breakage from tying up when wet (I know!). No heat damage as I only heat style max once a month.

I tried this shampoo & conditioner after a disaster with Aussie Miracle Moist & the very disappointing Kerastase Bain Cristallise range, which had been recommended by my stylist.

All Soft & Cristallise are similar in their ideals, softening, moisturising & light protein repair, but their results light years apart. My hair is soft, bouncy, manageable and clean with soft ends, with All Soft (they were still dry & oddly crunchy with Kerastase). Plus, as a bonus, All Soft is much cheaper at less than 10 for 300ml of shampoo ($16 USD approx) & less than 11 for 250ml of conditioner ($17 USD approx), compared to nearly 14 for a smaller 250ml shampoo & nearly 17 for a smaller 200ml conditioner in the Kerastase.

No contest. Redken all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by dreamsandreverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have hair that is generally normal but can easily turn oily. By turn oily, I mean it will look like I dunked my head in a bucket of grease. This conditioner was okay for me. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great. My hair was soft and had a bit of a shine, but it wasn't as soft or as shiny as it can be. I did notice my hair was a bit drier after using, which is opposite to what I want in a conditioner. It didn't matter if I used only a little bit, used it only on the ends, or let it sit awhile - the results were all the same. For some reason my hair would always be very flat after using this. I found the scent to be fairly inoffensive and it did not cause any irritation/breakouts to my scalp or skin.
I have not used the matching shampoo so cannot comment on that or on how they work together.

If it was all I had, I would use it but I will not buy it again. There are other products, both more expensive and less expensive that work better on my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this conditioner for years and it wasn't until I ran out that I realised how good it had been.

Makes my dry highlighted ends shiny and also combs through wet hair really well.

Love Redken products and this is one of their best

EDITED: They have now changed the formula to this product and it is awful. Really thin and runny and doesn't condition hair like the old formula.

I seriously don't get it. They had a winning formula (literally) with the original product and now they change it and it is appalling?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by luchie_d

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the reformulated conditioner. First, let me tell you I have been using the All Soft conditioner for 7 years. It made my hair soft and silky and I didn't need to look for anything else. I just recently bought the reformulated conditioner after running out of my liter. The new formula is terrible!! The ingredients include isopropyl alcohol which is drying. They got rid of the proply glycol, olive oil,and avocado oil- all moisturizing ingredients. I had to use a lot of it to coat my hair in comparison to the old formula. So now my hair is dry and limp. I will not be repurchasing :(

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Caramellane

I originally wrote a review for All Soft shampoo and conditioner in 2008 and had positive results from 2007-2011. I ended up deleting those positive reviews because Redken decided to reformulate and the new formula leaves my hair feeling brittle, strawlike, frizzy. The old formula had 3 different oils in it, palm oil, glycerin (technically not an oil), olive oil, avocado oil. That formula was wonderful which is why I stuck with it for a few years (I normally jump from one product to the next). The new formula is beyond awful for my hair, and the ingredients in it I have no idea what they are other than the argan and palm oil, (the argan oil is low on the list so maybe there isn't much in there?). At first I thought that I had build up from the all soft conditioner, so I tried to remember to clarify weekly and that didn't help. The new formula is just crap. Redken you have ruined my life at the moment!!! Just kidding, but seriously I'm annoyed that I have to scramble around frantically trying to find a conditioner to moisturize my color treated hair. I've been to Ulta multiple times this month trying out travel sizes from Alterna, Biolage, AG hair cosmetics. So far, alterna works the best but it's soooooo pricey $32 for an 8.5 oz bottle.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by sarah245

I use the All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner and I love them! My hair is curly, fine and splits very easily. It gets dry and frizzy as well, especially when using the blow dryer and flat iron or going outside since I live in a humid climate. These two products have made my hair very soft and manageable. I have tried expensive products, cheap, everything and this is my favorite.

Also, if your hair is dry or damaged, make sure you use leave in treatments with this product. After washing, I use a few sprays of "It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product" and a small pump of "L'EUDINE ULTRA Anti-Frizz hair straightener." I also add a tiny bit of volumizing mouse for my roots. All of this makes my hair soft, bouncy and NO split ends. Your hair needs more moisture than just from shampoos and conditioners, since your washing all of it out along with your natural hair oils. Those two leave in products are the BEST, the ULTRA is only about 9 dollars (at salons or online) but the Its A Ten is a little more expensive (about 15) but it makes your hair so soft,not oily.. you will NOT be disappointed! I have used those with other hair washes and Redken All Soft is by far the best for all hair types, especially dry hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No. No. No. No. No. The reformulation of this dried my hair out considerably & left me with lots of product buildup. I can deal with product buildup, as long as I feel like there's some benefit to heavier ingredients. This stuff plain out sucks. I hate hate hate hate hate this crap. I only used it for 2 weeks and with skipping days of washing, that means I only used it for about 6 uses. I bought the large bottle, first thing that happens while I'm in the shower? The little flip top pops off. Now I have no way of shutting it and protecting the product. I have nothing else to say, just awful! I will never use Redken products ever again thanks to All Soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jcheuk

I love this stuff! I use if with the Redken smooth down shampoo.
I really feel as if it makes my hair softer, I would only apply it ears down.

On a side note, I recently read a review that said this shampoo was breaking her out along the side of the face. I wonder if this conditioner does the same? I recently started breaking out along the face as well. I hope it's not the Redken brand :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Stephanieboyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I LOVE THIS STUFF! I have used every single line out there known to man.. everything from expensive to cheap. TIGI S Factor, BedHead, Moroccanoil, Kenra, Suave, Herbal Esscense, Dove, TresSemme, etc. This stuff BY FAR has been the best thing for my hair. I am not sure if it's just this product, because I first use the shampoo (all soft), then use the Extreme CAT spray (leave on for 5 mins and rinse), then follow with this conditioner. I have my hair highlighted (bleached) every 6-8 weeks and I have been for quite some time now. My hair has recently been horribly damaged due to experimenting with brown (pretty much black), and dying it back to very light blonde. My hairdresser is AWESOME and used to work at Toni & Guy, so they use the TIGI products when they do my hair. It always looks good when they do it, and I buy the same stuff they do, but it never helped my hair. My hair looked like STRAW and was so dehydrated and stick like. It wouldn't even move in the wind. I have used this stuff for I kid you not 3 days and my hair has never felt better. I am a new Redken Fan for life!