Redken All Soft Conditioner

Aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, elaeis sinensis oil/palm oil, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, octyldodecanol, sodium PCA, parfum/fragrance, citric acid, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, argania spinosa oil, argania spinosa kernel oil, arginine, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol.

on 10/20/2012 10:05:00 AM

I have used Redkin All Soft for years and this summer they changed the formulation of the product. I have thick coarse light brown hair with a slight wave that is very hard to manage. All Soft was the only shampoo that made my hair amazingly soft, shiny and manageable. The new All Soft leaves my hair dull and brittle and you get greasy build up at the crown. I can only use the conditioner on my tips as it is so greasy and doesn't wash out. This stuff is awful. Now I will have to find something else. If anyone has any recommendations for a product similar to the old All Soft let me know! I used to use Redkin Smooth Down, all though I loved the results of the old All Soft more, perhaps I will try that again.

on 10/13/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this bcuz of the good ratings. I have curly hair. This product felt as if I used nothing. Did not work for me.

I used All Soft for years.. at least the past 10 years. This stuff was incredible for reversing damage on my *than* colored, heat treated hair. I always loved this stuff, and the treatment that went with..

Fast forward to the latest reformulation with IPN ... Too much protein for daily use. I stopped dying my hair in 2009, but I still blow dry and straighten, and this stuff literally sucks the moisture out of my hair. WHY, oh WHY do companies mess with a good thing? *sigh* So where I would have once given this and the shampoo a 5 lippie review, I drop it to a 2. Why a 2? Because I can still use it on occasion, (great for camping.. with the hard water and all) and my sons naturally curly hair loves this stuff. Made my daughters hair incredibly dry though.. :( Unfortunate that they keep changing the formula, the formula that I liked the most had the silk in it.. ( second formula I believe.)

on 10/4/2012 6:27:00 PM

UGH!!!! I'm shocked by any good reviews this line has! Let me start by saying that I used to use this a long time ago and always loved it. I remember my hair being buttery soft afterwards. Fast forward several years and, WELL, FORGET ABOUT IT! Apparently I missed the memo about Redken changing the formula. *SMH* I bought this 2 days ago after running out of my normal conditioner. Well, today is day 2 of using and I look at my hair this morning and realize all of my hair is breaking off. BREAKING OFF. Yes, completely snapped all over the top of my hair. WTF? I haven't changed my diet, I drink almost TOO much water, I exercise everyday, I eat amazing, I don't dry my hair or use straighteners and I certainly am not breaking or cutting off my own hair. Shame on you Redken for using all the CRAP ingredients that are in this stuff. This stuff ruined my hair. This stuff is the equivalent of eating a big mac and fries everyday and thinking it's gonna work out. YUCK!!!!!! In the trash is where it's going.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I first used All Soft when I had a weave in 2009 and although I've tried other conditioners, I always come back. It has a great smell and leaves my hair feeling silky smooth. No buildup and no extra weight. Highly Recommended.

on 9/22/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the REFORMULATION. The internet complains a lot about the reformulation, so I leave the disclaimer that I never used the original.

That said, I love the new Redken All Soft system. My two biggest problems are greasy roots and tangled ends. My hair is very long and I always have trouble with dry, splitting ends. This conditioner is packed with palm oil, the fourth ingredient. It's extremely moisturizing and for the first time since I grew it out, my hair doesn't tangle in mere moments after brushing it.

I'm sure the original was awesome, but I'm very happy with the reformulation.

on 9/5/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the Redken conditioner and shampoo for years now and I loved as it as there was nothing that moisturized my hair and made it feel amazing like it but than Redken decides to change the formula and have just Argan oil while the old formula had avocado oil, olive oil and camelina oil in it. The new formula is terrible, it makes my hair feel so dry, tangly and frizzy. Please redken, change back to the old formula. I no longer use the all soft line for my waist length dry curly hair as a result of the crappy new formula.

P.S. Since I've seen others who feel the same way about the new formula, please feel free to contact them on their website and voice your complaints and who knows maybe they will change back to their old formula if there is enough complaints. I certainly complained and now I'm waiting for them to contact me and see what they have to say about the reason for the new crappy formulation.

on 9/2/2012 10:47:00 AM

I hate the neww formulation! When I started the new bottle, my hair was immediately dry and brittle, and it fell out a lot more than it used to. Why do these companies always have to change a good thing? Sally doesn't make their version of it anymore either!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

It's alright. I'm sure for certain people, this product is lovely. But my hair demands moisture 24/7 because it's wavy and frizzy, so I prefer my Sebastian Drench.

I do love the honey smell, though. :)

on 8/11/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

**ATTENTION** The OLD All Soft products were incredible and did wonders for my hair. It was honestly the most wonderful shampoo I had ever purchased and used it for years. HOWEVER, now there is a new formula with IPN on it. DO NOT BUY THIS. It absolutely devastated my hair and was even thinking I needed to go buy a multi-vitamin or that something was going on with my health for my hair to suddenly become so dry and coarse. I'm only 24 and I went from having fine beautiful wavy hair to limp, dry, coarse damaged hair that barley even wants to wave anymore. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, IT HAS BEEN REFORMULATED.