August 27, 2014 | 2004 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sofacat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate the neww formulation! When I started the new bottle, my hair was immediately dry and brittle, and it fell out a lot more than it used to. Why do these companies always have to change a good thing? Sally doesn't make their version of it anymore either!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mhunterjumper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's alright. I'm sure for certain people, this product is lovely. But my hair demands moisture 24/7 because it's wavy and frizzy, so I prefer my Sebastian Drench.

I do love the honey smell, though. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Mazing88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

**ATTENTION** The OLD All Soft products were incredible and did wonders for my hair. It was honestly the most wonderful shampoo I had ever purchased and used it for years. HOWEVER, now there is a new formula with IPN on it. DO NOT BUY THIS. It absolutely devastated my hair and was even thinking I needed to go buy a multi-vitamin or that something was going on with my health for my hair to suddenly become so dry and coarse. I'm only 24 and I went from having fine beautiful wavy hair to limp, dry, coarse damaged hair that barley even wants to wave anymore. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, IT HAS BEEN REFORMULATED.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This expensive ass product did nothing other than making my hair dry and stringy. Suave even works better than this. I was so excited to use this and wanted it to work so badly.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Aria1223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are somebody with thick hair, frizzy hair, curly hair, or moderately wavy hair do not buy this product. I have heard great reviews of people raving about this product so I bought it hoping it would leave me with soft more manageable hair, it did not. I have thick hair, very wavy and a little frizzy, but this product left my hair even frizzier than before and somehow managed to uncurl my hair leaving a weird mess. I guess that was the detangling part that works for people with non curly hair, but it was a huge mistake for me to buy it. If you have normal to straight hair you could give this product a try and hopefully it will work for you, but it is also very expensive for one small bottle of conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Alirae

After having used Davines' Melu shampoo and conditioner for over a year, I decided to give something a little less expensive a try. After first using Redken's All Soft shampoo and conditioner I immediately noticed that my hair looked less weighed down from product, cleaner and very soft as well. I am very happy with this product but I do wish the yummy smell stayed longer on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair : shoulder length, highlighted, fine textured but reasonable amounts of it, dry ends, oily roots, washed daily. Reasonable condition with light damage from highlights and breakage from tying up when wet (I know!). No heat damage as I only heat style max once a month.

I tried this shampoo & conditioner after a disaster with Aussie Miracle Moist & the very disappointing Kerastase Bain Cristallise range, which had been recommended by my stylist.

All Soft & Cristallise are similar in their ideals, softening, moisturising & light protein repair, but their results light years apart. My hair is soft, bouncy, manageable and clean with soft ends, with All Soft (they were still dry & oddly crunchy with Kerastase). Plus, as a bonus, All Soft is much cheaper at less than 10 for 300ml of shampoo ($16 USD approx) & less than 11 for 250ml of conditioner ($17 USD approx), compared to nearly 14 for a smaller 250ml shampoo & nearly 17 for a smaller 200ml conditioner in the Kerastase.

No contest. Redken all the way.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by dreamsandreverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have hair that is generally normal but can easily turn oily. By turn oily, I mean it will look like I dunked my head in a bucket of grease. This conditioner was okay for me. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't great. My hair was soft and had a bit of a shine, but it wasn't as soft or as shiny as it can be. I did notice my hair was a bit drier after using, which is opposite to what I want in a conditioner. It didn't matter if I used only a little bit, used it only on the ends, or let it sit awhile - the results were all the same. For some reason my hair would always be very flat after using this. I found the scent to be fairly inoffensive and it did not cause any irritation/breakouts to my scalp or skin.
I have not used the matching shampoo so cannot comment on that or on how they work together.

If it was all I had, I would use it but I will not buy it again. There are other products, both more expensive and less expensive that work better on my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this conditioner for years and it wasn't until I ran out that I realised how good it had been.

Makes my dry highlighted ends shiny and also combs through wet hair really well.

Love Redken products and this is one of their best

EDITED: They have now changed the formula to this product and it is awful. Really thin and runny and doesn't condition hair like the old formula.

I seriously don't get it. They had a winning formula (literally) with the original product and now they change it and it is appalling?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by luchie_d

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the reformulated conditioner. First, let me tell you I have been using the All Soft conditioner for 7 years. It made my hair soft and silky and I didn't need to look for anything else. I just recently bought the reformulated conditioner after running out of my liter. The new formula is terrible!! The ingredients include isopropyl alcohol which is drying. They got rid of the proply glycol, olive oil,and avocado oil- all moisturizing ingredients. I had to use a lot of it to coat my hair in comparison to the old formula. So now my hair is dry and limp. I will not be repurchasing :(

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No