July 30, 2014 | 1206 users online

Powder - Aveda - Inner Light Dual Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by 0ubliette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on recommendation when I decided that the color discrepancy with my beloved MUFE Duo Mat was just too much to take (the lightest shade was just too pink/orange for my very neutral, pale skin). So far, I like it. The lightest shade, cream, is a perfect match, it goes on very smoothly, and it feels like nothing on my face. At first, I was concerned that it didn't have enough coverage as I was applying it, but when I finished and walked outside to look at the result in natural light, I was pleased to find that it provides a true lighter-medium coverage. So far, it has not turned orange, sunk into fine lines or pores. I will report back if it does. I have found that it does go shiny a little faster than the other powder foundations I have tried (excluding Studio Fix and mark. Powder Buff). This may be due to the spf, so I guess it's a trade-off depending on your priorities. If you have any considerable dark spots or redness, you will need an additional concealer, but overall, this is a good product. However, I don't foresee buying this again due to the considerable price for a fairly small pan of product (and the fact that you have to buy the compact separately. I appreciate that this is in an effort to reduce waste, but it makes an already expensive foundation even pricier). I also would have liked a little more coverage; at least it looked natural. So far, I prefer this product to the mark. Powder Buff, but may continue to purchase Powder Buff because of how expensive this stuff is.
After my fifth or so time wearing it, I did notice some breakouts on my face, but I'm not certain if I can attribute them to this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 4:38:00 AM More reviews by bellagoodgirl

I love this foundation. It makes my skin look even and smooth. I like that it has spf and that it doesn't give me blemishes. This is a great foundation for oily or combo skin. For other skin types I reccomend any of the other Aveda foundations because the company makes such great products and their philosophy is honorable..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am very satisfied with this foundation... It is one of the best ones I've ever used (and I used A LOT... Hundreds of dollars spent.. You know the drill). I bought this after BE stopped working for me (sigh). I usually HATE the cream/powder foundations b/c I find them too heavy and oily, but this one is a lot more like a powder with a punch! It is dry, so I dont recommend it for those with flakies (even if you think you might not have any, this foundation might bring them out!). But for those of us with oily/combination skin, this is fantastic! I do have to switch to a liquid foundation during the grueling Minnesota winter months b/c my skin gets too dry, but if it is hotter than 20 degrees F, Im all over this. The packaging is GREAT! I love how compact it is, and that I can store more than one shade along with a blush. It is also very environmentally friendly =) Some advice: do not use it with the sponge! After a year of battling with the darn thing, I switched to a dense concealer brush and it works great. This way, it doesnt go on too heavy, and you can build up the coverage. I think I might try a buki brush soon..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is def. my HG of all foundations (started out w/ Dual Base Minus Oil but that was discontinued & this took it's place) but always come back to this. The coverage is beautiful and matte yet looks creamy perfect and lasts all day on me...it also photographs very well, always gets me compliments in my FOTD pics on my "perfect skin" which is far from the truth. ;)
My only gripe about this is the darn price! $21 a pop for each re-fill and I go thru them fast! At the moment it's too $$ for me but found a nice replacement in Mark Powder Buff which is only $8. But I would def. buy this all the time if not for the price. And I love the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

I tried this foundation on a bit of a whim and am very glad I did. I have very pale (NW10) skin that is extremely hard to match (most products are too dark or pink/yellow, and my skin delights in turning nearly all foundations that might match a lovely shade of orange almost immediately), and need a product with good coverage. Not only is the lightest shade a perfect match, I found that this foundation covers beautifully when applied in light layers (first with a damp sponge, and then lightly dusted on with a dry sponge), and the finish is quite natural. The finish is soft and matte and I find it controls oil quite well, and best of all, the color stays true all day. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

I love this. I didn't get oily today.
My skin feels great. It looks good. Covers well...barely needed concealer. I think it'll last five months. Trying to switch to more natural stuff. This did the job.

UPDATE: only lasting over two months. this product goes fast. taking a lippie off. Wouldn't buy again, too much on my bank account. ):

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by yenbao

Pretty good powder. It made my skin looks soft with wet and gave good coverage more with dry. I really wanted to make this dual foundation my foundation forever, but unfortunately, the color was too pink for me. I just couldn't stand the pink tone so I had to let it go. Now I am using Jane Iredale - just the right color (try the yellowish tone such as Amber) for my asian but pale skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Geishabug

Some pros and cons: I love the way this foundation looks and feels. It gives a flawless, fresh, baby skin look to my uneven, combo skin. I love the natural ingredients and fresh scent, also it doesn't transfer to clothing which is great. I've received many compliments while using it; BUT it takes too long to apply as it is a tiny little square cake and the clumsy sponge applicator cakes up/clogs quickly. It takes many swipes to cover the entire face. If you have a lot of patience this is a great choice but for me, time in the morning is a luxury! Also you have to buy a magnetic compact to put it in. I use the Aveda compact and sometimes the cake tin slides around on the magnet when I'm in a hurry and swiping quickly, it has even popped out a few times which resulted in broken bits of foundation everywhere! Also the 2oz at $20 doesn't last very long, about two months for me using it once a day, every day. After 5 years of using this I've switched to L'Oreal Cashmere Perfect Creme Powder Foundation. It looks almost as fresh and is so much easier to work with and not so harsh on the wallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by elande

Just started using this and am really liking it. I'm using the 03 Linen, which is the perfect color for my fairly light skin with yellow undertones. The foundation has a very light, silky feel when you first apply and lasts fairly well on my combination skin through the day. I wear this over moisturizer and concealer on my undereyes and any blemish spots. It's great for the office and the weekends, when I want to look put together but not overly 'made-up.' For an evening out this is great to wear over a sheer coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer for a bit more coverage and a more polished look. It is less expensive than some other powder foundations and even though you do seem to get less with this than others, that has never been a problem for me as I always seem to be throwing makeup out because it's past its prime long before I've reached the end of the container.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This is my favorite powder foundation. The only reason for 4 lippies instead of 5 is that it can settle into my pores and requires a little blending. Has SPF and makes my skin glowy, not matte. I Wish you didn't have to buy the compact seperately, but I guess less waste is good. This is great for my summer oily and winter dry skin. No rosacea flares for this unlike Jane Iredale and Bare Escentuals.