April 21, 2014 | 1421 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

This is the only makeup remover I've ever used that actually takes off all of my makeup, even waterproof. I originally bought the travel, 1 oz. size ($10) just to try it out, and I will certainly go back and buy the 5 oz. bottle as soon as I'm done with my travel size.

Don't be afraid of trying this, no matter what your skin type. The oil rinses off your skin with just water, although I would recommend cleansing after anyway.

Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product does as it's supposed to, I find that DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, which is just as good, is a better value. I wanted to try MAC's cleansing oil and, now that I'm finishing my first bottle of it, I will go back to DHC's and get more for the price paid (particularly with my loyalty discount).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm just now finishing off my first bottle of this and am ready to rush to MAC for my second bottle. I really can't imagine my nightly facial routine without this product now. It removes every bit of my makeup with little product and virtually no pressure on my skin and eye area. I love that with this I can use a gentle cleanser on my face after removingmy makeup and don't have to worry about getting more makeup off, only cleansing my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by canadian

My skin is very sensitive so I'm always leery of trying new products. I decided to order the smaller bottle of this product from the MAC website. I first tried it this past winter. I absolutely hated it then. It made my face feel irritated. However I was feeling sickly and had a thyroid problem. I didn't realize until later my thyroid was affecting my skin. Now spring forward to May. I ran out of my other cleanser and decided I would try the cleanse off oil again. Lo and behold I can I love it now. I apply to dry skin and gently massage my face and rinse with water. Waterproof eye makeup, foundation etc comes off easily. I often take a damp cotton round pad and swipe around. Yes sometimes there will still be a bit of makeup on the pad. I found two pumps makes a difference. The price isn't bad. Now that my skin is improving I plan on buying another bottle or two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cleansing oils are amazing for getting off makeup - I recommend them to everyone, and wish I'd discovered them sooner (I've been using them for 3 or 4 years). I started with DHC, then moved to Origins and now the MAC. The MAC oil is quite good - I like that I can back to MAC the packaging, the price wasn't outrageous, there is no mineral oil in this, it doesn't break me out and MAC doesn't test on animals. The cons for me are that the packaging leaks when I take it on weekends away, and I don't feel it cleanses quite as deeply as the other oils I've tried, and is harder to wash off - my skin looks clean, but makeup comes off on my towel and on my cotton pad of toner. I think I need to double cleanse if I'm using this oil, which puts me off a bit. I'm not saying I'll never repurchase this, but when I'm finished, I'm trying another brand first.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I love this product! Its really great. I used to use avocado oil to take off my makeup but i hated how it would leave an oil residue, and would really have to scrub my face in order to get rid of it. Then I used pond's cold cream, and the same thing would occur. I was tired of tugging at my skin just to get makeup off. So I decided to give this a try according to the great reviews on youtube and such. You put it on your face and rub in gently like any other cleanser, then over the eyes. Then wash off. What I like about it is that it takes off ALL makeup including waterproof mascara, and it turns into a milky cleanser when you add water! Its truly an amazing product. I really don' need to have another cleanser-this will do! It leaves a very clean feel, without being dried out--but moisturized. I recommend this to anyone, and ANY skin type.
(I have combination/acne prone skin--and it's lovely.)

I bought this at Macy's for $26, which, to me, is pretty pricey--but I believe it to be 100% worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

AHH!! The best to remove all my makeup! waterproof mascara? yes. foundation? yes. eye makeup? yes! And it lasts for a super long time. Two pumps and you are ready to remove everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never would have thought that applying oil on oily skin would actually work, but it does. I've been using MAC Cleanse Off oil for about 2 1/2 months now and I still have a lot left in my bottle. In the past, I had used Ponds Towelttes as my main make-up remover. I would always stock up on them too since they were relatively cheap at Target. While I didn't mind using Ponds, I did find that it was somewhat tedious and some nights, I would use 2 wipes to remove all my make-up. For reference, I normally wear Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation. As you know, this foundation needs some work at removing. I was on the hunt for a make-up cleanser that removed all my make-up whitout tugging my skin. This is why MUA rocks! I saw all the raves about MAC Cleanse Off oil and just told myself to try it eventhough it's OIL. The product comes in a see-thru bottle with a re-closable pump top. I love it! i use two (2) squirts on my dry face (don't apply to wet face or on wet hands) and massage it all over. You can see all the make-up dissolving, even waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Keep in mind, this does cause temporary clouding in the eyes. But it goes away fast. The oil emulsifies so quickly with the water. It's like magic...one minute, you have make up on and the next, its all gone! I do follow-up with my regular facial cleanser. I seriously recommend this to everyone!!! It's amazing and it works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This cleanse off oil is amazing! This is the only make up remover that fully removes all of my make up. It even does a wonderful job at removing eye make up. I usually use sk emr first anyways and then dispense two pumps of Mac cleanse oil and rub between my palms and gently apply to my face I work it in for a good minute then wet my fingers and wash off. My face always feels super clean. This has never broken me out. However I do follow up with my regular cleanser afterwards.

Update (9/27/12)--- I initially thought it was my cleanser that was breaking me out and that this wasn't contributing to it but looking up the ingredients and seeing that wheat germ oil is very clog prone I now suspect that this was causing my clogged pores. I have stopped using it for over 2 weeks and my skin has improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Wish I had discovered the product sooner. Bought this after I found myself breaking out from shiseido sun protection liquid foundation. Figured out pretty quickly that I simply wasn't removing the makeup well enough at night. One night of using cleanse off oil significantly improved my skin and cleared up the recent breakout just by fully cleaning it. I love this stuff and doubt I will ever stray from it now.

I use one or one and a half pumps to clean my full face. I pat in with dry hands, on a dry face, then rinse with warm water using circular motions. Easy, quick, effective. About twice a week, I also follow up with my proactiv three step- but the rest of the time, I only use moisturizer afterward, which is a near miracle with my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This product has been a game-changer for me and is a definite must-have.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No