October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Liliquoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the most difficult skin to deal with. Not only did my nose, forehead, and cheeks turn into a slip-n-slid of shine by mid-day, but I also suffered from sensitive skin. If i purchased product for oily skin, I'm left with dry, scaley, dark patches - my face got so bad that I was diagnosed with Seborrhea last year. If i purchased stuff for dry skin - it made my skin condition worse because of the excess oils. And for combo skin? Forget it - not enough moisture either.

I tried a sample of Kiehls Sodium PCA moisturizer and within 3-4 days, my skin wasn't as shiney at the end of the day.

I purchased a small tub - the pricing seems to be ok, in comparison to Aveeno moisturizers. I'd definitly recommend it to people who have a problem with greasy, shiney skin; however, I find it feels heavy on my skin if I use it in the morning, so I'd only use it as a night time moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by OliveBunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive, combination, Ecezma & acne all happening on my face at the same time. Imagine trying to find a moisturizer that would not aggraviate any one of the above. Kiehl's Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer has no fragrance, thumbs up for the sensitive & ecezma part, and it is oil free and so light weight that it feels so fresh on my skin. That covers the rest of the problems I have. I did not break out from it, it did not turn me into a grease ball mid day and skin feels good. I used it till the last drop, will probably repurchase this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Mariana83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to this moisturizer I have flawless, I mean perfectly flawless skin. It doesn't disturb my skin at all, sinks right in while providing a protective barrier layer. Absolutely no breakouts whatsoever, makes skin soooooo soft, prolly the PCA. Great stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by michoule

At first use, I thought that this moisturizer was fantastic. It was lightweight and not greasy. However, after a few weeks of use, I began to break out severely on my cheeks -- an area that I had never broken out before. Unaware of what was causing the breakout, I changed my blush, my toner, and even changed the way I used my cell phone (because it used to rest on my cheek). And despite all of my efforts, I continued to break out with large whiteheads on both of my cheeks. After I finally changed my moisturizer, my skin cleared up dramatically. I am now left to deal with the scars, but I'd rather have scars than fresh acne. Two big thumbs down to Kiehls!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Bobbalina

I have very oily skin, sometimes prone to breakouts. I cannot stand the feel of a greasy shine, but also need to rehydrate my skin. Oil is not hydration. This moisturizer is the only one that neither makes my face feel oily or dry (like things that are called "mattifiers") when I first put it on. My face eventually gets oily again, but at least it's getting hydrated. And getting that oil off later in the morning or day begs another product all together.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2005 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bubbelytoes

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer. It truly feels oil-free; very smooth and an almost whipped texture. This moisturizer absorbs very well into the skin. The price is pretty good IMO: $14.50 for 2.0 ozs and $24.50 for 4.0 ozs. It doesn't have much of a smell...sort of like Lubriderm lotion smells. The 4.0 oz tub seems pretty large, but it still fits in my medicine cabinet.

I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. Don't get me wrong; I think it works well in general, but it isn't my HG. I have sensitive, sometimes oily, sometimes flaky dry skin with a few breakouts. I was looking for something to replace the Creme de la Mer I'm used to spending all my cash on. I was given this product's name on good authority. Unfortunately, it just doesn't have that oomph I was looking for. I think in the summer, I will reach for this to go over my sunscreen. Then again, I also think my BF would like this a lot. Very un-girly; strictly a no-frills moisturizer.

I give 4 lippies for my overall good experience with the product. I wish "Maybe" was a choice on buying the product again, because I think it will depend on my summer experience with the moisturizer. But I think the odds are high that I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2005 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would definetly buy this again! My skin is super oily, but it does need moisturizing after I use oil treatments, and this moisturizer is just enough to hydrate my skin w/o making it oily again. I've used this for over 2 years and it is still my HG or moisturizers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely five stars for this one. This moisturizer is so light that even I put more than the usual it doesn't feel heavy at all. And even though it's light it moisturizes very well my dry patches are gone. The consistency is even lighter than whipped cream. It does not have fragrance and is oil-free. My skin feels softer than usual after a few uses. It doesn't have SPF though so this is (for me) better for night use. Definitely a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by GingerSail

I just got this today after reading some reviews here. I must say, so far I LOVE it! It's light and smooth but also hydrating, not like other oil-free moisturizers I've used before, which tend to be runny. I plan to use this under primer and foundation, but it's great for nights too after I take my makeup off. Would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2005 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

this moisturizer feel reali heavy at first super creamy texture..was kinda of hesitant to put it on my face..doesnt seem oil free to me at all! but surprisingly it does soak in q.readily into my face n delivers sufficent moisture for e rest of e day..still nt reali used to e texture wld tink twice bout getting it (i gt e sample) bcos it mkes my face oiler than other oil free moisturizers tt i've tried..