October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I use to use Garnier products in H.S. Probably because I had yet to develop a decent defense against advertising and their commercials were really hypnotizing with all the long beautiful hair being swung all over the place to catchy music. Looking back now, I really should have stopped using their stuff sooner, it did nothing for my hair and smelled really really strongly of chemicals and "fruit". I haven't used anything from their product line in ages, but when the argan oil insanity hit the scene I figured I would give it a try. Cut to me in the shampoo/conditioner isle at a store Robbin Hood would probably like, and this caught my eye. I was hesitant until I turned it over and read the list of ingredients, argan oil was 3rd. I couldn't believe it, all most every other product claiming to have the magical healing powers of this exotic oil had it waaaay to far down the list to be of any real benefit. I took a sniff and was surprised, not your typical G smell. It was mild and dare I say, nice?

I took it home but even with the glowing reviews could not bring myself to use it, less it leave my hair greasy and limp. I did eventually use it, not bad. Not great, but not bad. Did it de-tangle my hair? Sure, but no more than any other non argan product. I don't really have a big problem with frizz, my BS length wavy hair is rather low maintenance so all I really need is some tangle prevention. It was just ok. I do really like the bottle, the new less spherical shape is great and the pump makes it easy to dispense the right amount of product. However, I won't keep a so-so product just because of the bottle, so it went back. I gave it a good amount of time to prove itself, and I even went as far as to use my blow drier a few times just to see if that made a difference (I rarely use heat tools).

So, 2 star product but an extra star for the bottle and the fact that argan shows up so high up on the list.
Although, that could just mean 99.9% of it is the first 2 ingredients and the rest make up the 0.1% since the list is just in order of amounts, and there's no way to tell what those amounts are. If it works for you that's great, but it did nothing for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This product didn't do anything. Didn't keep frizz away & it made my hair oily/greasy. Never buying another Garnier Fructis product again, I hate this whole line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I like this serum, it's not the world's best, but I like it. It is an oily serum, because pretty much oil is all it is, but it does do the trick of smoothing down MINOR frizz. This is one of those products that should be considered a finishing product after you apply everything else. You need only a nickel-sized amount, and a little goes a long way. I would not suggest to apply it on the root of the hair. What I love most is that it smells ah-mazing!!! Plus, it's only $6.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SnappyLeeLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay. I have major problems with this serum. My grandmother actually gave it to me after I complained about my frizzy hair getting on my nerves. I used about a dime size of the product and rubbed it into my damp hair then blew it out. Now....during they day it would be semi okay. I still got fly aways though. It tamed the bulk of my frizziness but my roots looked so oily I was horrified. I have really thick wavy hair. I usually only have to wash my hair about twice a week. I used it for about a week and realized that I was having to wash my hair every morning. While it does have a really nice smell, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was alright. It did make my hair soft and less frizzy. As with all Garnier products, i love the scent; very fruity. However, I still prefer my HG chi silk infusion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sammysaurous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works really well for me, I have naturally really frizzy hair if I do nothing to it, I put some of this in when my hair is towel dried and damp and then whenever I notice I have fly aways or frizz is beginning to come along. This did not get a perfect score from me because I have used a better anti frizz product that was amazing, but this is a lot more inexpensive so that is why I will re buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have frizzy hair...but I like to use serums as a detangler and to add shine.

This product is great.....smells really good and I only need a tiny bit, like half a pump's worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I purchased this since it was on sale. It makes my natural hair roller sets really smooth and frizz free. You only need a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by surelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*Will update.

Even though I've only used this once, I can already tell that it's a definite keeper. It gives my hair a nice sleek finish, with close to no frizzies, and doesn't weigh it down. Compared to Biosilk Silk Therapy and CHI Silk Infusion, this is by far the better one of the three. Silk Therapy seems a little drying to my hair, and it doesn't do much in terms of battling frizz. Silk Infusion makes my hair really soft, but it weighs down my hair on the second day, and it feels gross. So I urge you to try this serum out if you've tried the other two, or if you're simply just looking for a good serum! It's definitely worth your time!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by tonjer1003

***This review is for the new formula*** What can I say about this serum?...Hmmm well it has been my miracle product! This entire line with the argan oil has been the saving grace for my hair...I love the packaging of this, I love the amount of product you get in the bottle, overall I just love it...I have no desire to try any new products out on my hair- this does it all and then some!