August 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this perfume in my early twenties and thought Yuck! old lady scent! Fast forward now to my thirties and I received a bottle of EDT from a Chanel event, grudgingly gave it another try, and expected to hate it....but I didn't! I actually thought hey this isn't too bad! It isn't an airy fairy flowery scent, but a dark mossy and musky one, very womanly and grown up...yes I haven't got older, but rather I've grown up now....;p the EDT actually packs quite a punch of frgrance already, not sure if I would like the EDP....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Call me unsophisticated, but I really dont care for this perfume. I had the highest hopes for this iconic fragrance that many historically significant women have loved, however as much as I wanted to love it I just couldnt. Like a few of the reviews before me have mentioned, I share the opinion that this does, in fact, smell like old lady. Unfortunately I'm only going to be able to give this a one out of five, which is very sad for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I LOVE Chanel No. 5, although I have to wear the eau de toilette version, as the parfum is far too strong for me. The fragrance is warm, and soft, and smells to me like cream soda and champagne and powdery vanilla. I have found it very comforting, and love to practically bathe in this stuff. This is one of my favorite scents to wear on special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Being an iconic smell, I expected something I would love on the first whiff. However, although it is a lovely, sophisticated scent, it is not really my favorite.

I know it is famous, so I am not sure I am comfortable as of yet to make it one of my everyday scents. Actually, it smells like a pretty, formal, and expensive scent. Not very subtle, and very womanly.

I really love the scent and the packaging is simple yet fancy. I might get it again, but maybe for when I am older.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such an iconic fragrance. Most famous I think for its association with Marilyn Monroe. My advice to those first trying it would be to go with the Eau de Toilette. There is a big difference between the concentrations of this fragrance. I have tried them all and while all gorgeous, the most wearable for me are the body products and the edt. You still get the essence of No.5 but in a much lighter, fresher way. The only thing is I wish the edt lasted longer on my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

Like this scent after ive put this on for about 3hours or so. it is just TOO strong when i first squirt it onto me :( but i really do like this smell if it was a little lighter and not as heavy as it is right now :(

as of right now, i dont think i will be getting a second bottle!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of my mom's medicine cabinet: she had a 5-year old bottle of Tylenol with Codeine, which she never took and a tiny bottle of the perfume I never smelled on her. Even as a kid, I associated the whiffs I'd steal of the perfume with something I didn't understand: something womanly, powerful, and something to look forward to when I get older. While my mom is still not a pill or perfume person, if I ever encounter a bottle of vintage Chanel 5, I'll prob pick it up and wear it on very special occasions: nights or days when it's my turn to shine.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

As a serious Marilyn-fan I had to fall in this trap and buy Chanel no.5. But I hated it. It smells like a big bag of cinnamon, thrown over an old lady in a pink suit. Yack!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by HappyMummy09

My husband bought me this for X-Mas and bought the wrong Chanel. He bought this instead of Chanel Chance which I love. Chanel N 5 seriously smells like an old lady... I hate this perfume..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given this as a gift - I usually buy sweet scents for myself- this is a lovely smell and can be a signature scent for those who love it- I found it to be multi dimensional and not a flat cheapy fragrance- but it was far too soapy for me- initially I thougt that it was for the mature audience but it can be good for everyone (not sure if many teens would like it though as it is so strong\0. The smell is too strong and soapy for me-overall great smell but being a fan of sweeter fragrances it wasn't for me.