Chanel No.5

3.5

on 10/21/2013 2:30:00 AM

I love scents with lots of layers and complexity. I fell in love with No. 5 well, a long time ago and if I have a signature scent this is it. I began wearing it at 18 when I moved to San Francisco and began to collect those things that defined my womanhood. I'm traditional with a streak of rebel. I resent change when I've found what I like but I seek it out anyway afraid I'll miss out on something. Why do I mention all this? Because it describes the impact the scent has on me. I've been to Paris many times and each time I could get any scent I wanted from the Duty Free shops still, it was always No. 5. I loved Chanel, her designs, her sophistication, her smile and she exuded many characteristics I longed to have. I hope they never rework the scent and feel it should remain just as she created it to be.

on 10/16/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely adore the bottle and the color. Whenever I see it, I always think of really expensive and luxurious whiskey. It is so classy. Because of the bottle, I always want to buy it but I restrain myself because whenever I test this on my skin, I feel like it is too mature for me. sigh.. I really wish I could like this. lol.

on 10/8/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I found a bottle of this and decided to use it up. I liked it so much that I bought a new bottle. It was crazy expensive. Still, I really like this scent. For whatever strange reason, only older classic fragrances smell good on me. Whenever I try something more modern, they turn unpleasant on me. The bottle that I got is really pretty too. I love looking at it on my dresser.

on 8/24/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

as stated here already, this is a fragrance for real women. A few years ago i couldn't pull this of. Now That i'm nearly 30, married and have kids, having a carrier, it fits me perfectly! it's soft, not too heavy, floral and clean with a hint of mystery... this smells everything but old lady! :)

on 8/6/2013 7:02:00 AM

Too floral.
Smells "old".

I got a small sample bottle of this when I bought some Chanel skincare products. Omg it smells terrible to me. Overrated. I remember trying a bit from the bottle on my older sister's dressing table once a few years back, and i hated it then too. I thought now that i was a bit older i might find it nicer, but NO it still smells horrid. And it smells like a very artificial, trying-to-hard woman might wear it.

Btw I've seen a poll done on men and Chanel No 5 was one of their most hated scents. Dior Poison was there too. :p

(I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Perfume smells different on different pple depending on how it reacts with your body chemistry. So possibly it smells great on some ladies.)

on 7/18/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is a fragrance for real women, not little girls ;)

on 7/1/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Well this might be a little unfair review because it's not me who own this perfume, but my mother.. Eventhough she LOVE IT and I think it smells lovely on her, I absolutly hate it on myself. Think it's a fragrance for older women :)

on 5/29/2013 12:46:00 AM

I feel this scent has a resemblance to baby powder. A really expensive baby powder. I am not too much of a fan, especially being 20 years old. I believe it's because I do feel it's more suited an older, mature woman. It's something my mother or grandmother would wear. Probably something I would wear in another 20 years time.

on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I smelt this on tester in David jones and nearly yacked on the spot!, and my bf agreed it was horrid, this tops my list of the worst smelling perfume I have ever smelt. Yuck

Popular Fragrances