November 27, 2014 | 979 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by fashionshowatlunch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Good

1. Smells Nice: With flying fox, you either like or hate the smell. I find it depends on my mood. Some days I love the smell, and others Iím not a fan. It smells a lot like jasmine and honey, the two leading ingredients and these are two scents that you either appreciate or donít like.

2. Soothing: Flying fox is a great after work or before bed shower gel. It is very soothing and calming, putting you in a sensual and dreamy mood. Itís a great product to relax with.

3. Softening: Perhaps itís all the honey and ylang ylang oil in this shower gel, but flying fox is skin softening. Itís not a dramatic change but my skin did feel softer after I used it.

4. Rich lather: We donít need the bubbles to get clean, but we like them and flying fox offers lots of bubbles. It seemed the more I used my sponge the more it bubbled. It also does a good job of giving a clean feeling. There was no unpleasant residue left on my skin after using this shower gel.

The Bad

Price: I found flying fox to be pricey. It sells for 29.95 Canadian for a 500ml bottle. This is not a big bottle for the price it sells for. Even though you donít need a lot, since it lathers well, I donít think itís a budget friendly option.

Smell: I know above I said it smells nice, and it does, but as I mentioned itís a smell that you either like or dislike and some days I leaned more towards the disliking side. The only upside is, like it or hate, the smell does not stay with you all day.

Flying fox is a luxurious shower gel in the way it makes you feel. Itís calming, soothing, and skin softening. For those reason I like it. If it wasnít on the pricey side, and have a sometimes odd smell, Iíd give it a five star rating, however in my books flying fox is a 3.5.

You can see the flying fox shower gel in this video

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by footballqueen07

Lathers really well and smells delicious. Not my #1 but it just fills the room with the lovely smell of LUSH jasmine, which just makes me happy! A lovely shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by moooonmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is delicious. My biggest problem with a lot of shower gels is that they smell good in the shower but then the scent fades away quickly on the skin. Flying Fox lasts on my skin for hours after I shower. Smells super good & is not too overpowering. My new favorite shower gel, by far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love this shower gel. the smell reminds me of the godiva shampoo...which i love!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by tinye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my very favorite Lush shower gel. I love it so much I even use it as a shampoo occasionally, because the lovely jasmine scent stays in your hair all day. It smells strange in the bottle, I think it's the honey note. But when used I don't get any honey, just really really nice jasmine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by borntobepurple

I love good scented bathing products . I got flying fox cause it has warm honey and jasmine scent . It boast to reduce tension during periods and calm your nerves. I believe jasmine scent can be very calming .I usually use it when i need to feel peace. and enjoy luxurious long hot water baths. There is something about the scent which makes you feel exotic and sexy. I prefer to take a bath with it in night, Just nice hot water bath and your body smells as sensous as jasmine, Just slip on your pyjamas and have a good night sleep. Rejuvenate. I use it stricly occasional as I know the smell of jasmine can get very annoying after a time. I still want to keep my love affair on it, so i use it occasional. the product is over priced in the market of shower gels. . I might not get it again as i like experimenting with new products. But i might repeat if i feel like . :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This had a nice honey and jasmine scent. Made my skin smell nice and clean. It was kind of expensive. Won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by concepcion

.....Flying Fox, the Better, for ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by RedBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Fantastic smelling soap. It is the best deodorant soap I have ever used. If you just came from the gym this will knock the stank out of you like nothing else. The smell is jasmine and it lingers.

I have dry skin & while I don't find it moisturizing it's not drying either. My boyfriend has oily skin and this doesn't give him breakouts. So I'd say it's neutral.

Boyfriend loves the smell. He uses it a lot and he loves the scent on me. Another good thing about the fragrance is you can use it any time of day--- it's not stimulating (like grapefruit) nor relaxing (like lavendar) -- just jasminey goodness.

I suggest folks shake the bottle once or twice each time you use it to keep it mixed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by coruscation

Smells pretty good, not my absolute fave but I defiantly like it.