November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The packaging on this is very deceiving. It looks so friendly, shiny and girly but inside the scent is not. Perhaps the packaging is like the poisonous apple in fairy tales. Inside the scent is very strong, musky and powerful. Even a light application is heady and overpowering. I would imagine a much older woman with little sense of smell wearing this...a great aunt mildred with crazy jewelry and a loud personality. Definitely not for a person who wants to be only slightly noticed for her good scent. Ugh..I couldn't wait to get rid of this bottle (a gift) I think I "accidentally" lost it during a move.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by victorialynne

I really did not care for this at all. Too strong and just did not have a nice smell...I really can not even describe the notes that I got from it. I will say that I LOVE hypnotic Poison though. This one just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mikaela71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love it- my kind of perfume- white, intoxicating and full of jasmine. I wish it were stronger because the staying power is pretty poor for an EDp... Still, the scent is my favorite . I put it on to feel happy. This is right perfume for women who love flowers and who embrace their feminine in a romantic seductive way, not for feminists or progressive-modern-women. I associate it with a french afternoon in Paris with a man, in a hotel room, with flirting, making love, kissing, wearing pastels and flowers, silk and pretty lingerie. It is a bit old fashioned but in a sexy way.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is a great fragrance if you are looking for a floral that is not sweet or headache inducing. I love this fragrance's powdery essence and "wet" lingering qualities. It is not my HG fragrance, but when I am in the mood for something like this, it is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jasmine done right. I'm not always too keen on jasmine in my perfumes, but in Pure Poison it's fantastic. It's soft, floral and clean. This is my boyfriend's favorite perfume on me, so since he and I both adore it, I'll always have a bottle of this around.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by cattykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first smelled this fragrance in a magazine a number of years ago. I really liked it, but didn't want to purchase it right away. For the next two years, whenever I walk by the perfume counters, I would spray this on my wrist. I would fall in love again every single time. Then finally my mother bought it for me as a birthday gift. It has been my favorite scent ever since.

That being said, this perfume is a bit strong for my taste, especially the initial notes. Sometimes, I would sneeze many times within the first 30 minutes after I spray it on, even if it's only one tiny spray. It's more of a night time and/or winter scent. One of my classmates had this perfume and would wear it to class, she smelled so horrible that she seemed like a walking bottle of Pure Poison (I'm pretty sure she sprayed many times all over herself).

The end notes are feminine, soft, musky and a bit powdery, which I absolutely love. It lasts quite a long time too. Sometimes, I spray some on my sweaters, and the end notes last days. This is a perfume I would always go back to, but I probably won't purchase it again because even my 1.7 oz is going to last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by FeySparrow

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The sales person almost had to force me to take a sample, I figured it was some crude, modern concoction and I was positive I wouldnít like it. Iíd had Poison years ago, never wore it much, and that was enough of this whole Poison thing. Months later I was poking around in a drawer and I found my sample of this and tried it - love! Itís mysterious and feminine and ethereal and a beautiful witch in a moonlit pasture and everything I wish I was, LOL! Itís a soft but crisp floral and citrus scent with musk. I didnít know what to make of the bottle at first, but now I love it, too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by irielove420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this perfume for Christmas last year from my aunt and I had never heard of it before then. I'm soo happy she bought it for me because its a favorite of mine now. It lasts allday on me and its perfect for cold weather. Also, I read in a book of mine called Pot Cultures and Adrienne Curry said this is her favorite perfume too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by RissaRawrr

This perfume is so unique. It is not cheap, but it is so worth the money.It's a lovely floral scent with a slight musk, I've gotten so many compliments wearing this. Most definitely my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kylie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is the best out of the poison range of Dior that I have tried.
Nice smell and cool bottle.