July 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by cattykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first smelled this fragrance in a magazine a number of years ago. I really liked it, but didn't want to purchase it right away. For the next two years, whenever I walk by the perfume counters, I would spray this on my wrist. I would fall in love again every single time. Then finally my mother bought it for me as a birthday gift. It has been my favorite scent ever since.

That being said, this perfume is a bit strong for my taste, especially the initial notes. Sometimes, I would sneeze many times within the first 30 minutes after I spray it on, even if it's only one tiny spray. It's more of a night time and/or winter scent. One of my classmates had this perfume and would wear it to class, she smelled so horrible that she seemed like a walking bottle of Pure Poison (I'm pretty sure she sprayed many times all over herself).

The end notes are feminine, soft, musky and a bit powdery, which I absolutely love. It lasts quite a long time too. Sometimes, I spray some on my sweaters, and the end notes last days. This is a perfume I would always go back to, but I probably won't purchase it again because even my 1.7 oz is going to last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by FeySparrow

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The sales person almost had to force me to take a sample, I figured it was some crude, modern concoction and I was positive I wouldnít like it. Iíd had Poison years ago, never wore it much, and that was enough of this whole Poison thing. Months later I was poking around in a drawer and I found my sample of this and tried it - love! Itís mysterious and feminine and ethereal and a beautiful witch in a moonlit pasture and everything I wish I was, LOL! Itís a soft but crisp floral and citrus scent with musk. I didnít know what to make of the bottle at first, but now I love it, too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by irielove420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this perfume for Christmas last year from my aunt and I had never heard of it before then. I'm soo happy she bought it for me because its a favorite of mine now. It lasts allday on me and its perfect for cold weather. Also, I read in a book of mine called Pot Cultures and Adrienne Curry said this is her favorite perfume too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by RissaRawrr

This perfume is so unique. It is not cheap, but it is so worth the money.It's a lovely floral scent with a slight musk, I've gotten so many compliments wearing this. Most definitely my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by kylie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is the best out of the poison range of Dior that I have tried.
Nice smell and cool bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

I admit this is a beautiful sve t, yet I don't wear it often as it is heady, it is a beautiful floral but seems a bit share to my nose
I like Elixir better, yet Pure Poison is one of the nicest jasmine scent there is
You just got to be on then mood for a strong jasmine scent!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very lucky that this perfume works well with my body chemistry. On me, it smells very sensuous, of flowers, vanilla and musk. Even after several hours, or even the next day, the scent is still lovely. It's heavy yet light, heady without being cloying. To me, this scent says mature, sensuous, young woman rather than 20s-something-girl-trying-too-hard-to-smell-good. The only way to tell if you like this fragrance is to try it on. Hope it works for you because it's simply delicious.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by LeAnne33

love this smell! it is a fav for the winter time. Its def a great product given that it is not a heavy fragrance yet the scent is strong enough that it is just perfect. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh! love this smell! sooo feminine, misterious , oriental !this is my cold weather fav parfume! I feel very sexy, confident and powerfull when I wear this!
When I 1st received this, I couldn t stop smelling my wrist .....smelling it brought me tremendous joy! this is pure poison indeed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I tried this scent out many years ago, and whenever I was back in that store, I would try it on again. It is by far my favorite purfume of all time. I agree with a previous review in that it is very easy and complex at the same time. Something about it is warm and sexy, yet I do not find it overpowering at all. When I wear this fregrance, I feel confident and strong, and I have recieved many comments on it as well. I have just recently ran out, and tried a new fragrance with a destinct floral sent, but I do not think it smells well on me at all. I will be returning to Pure Posion without question.