Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/17/2015 11:14:00 AM

I was really surprised by the negative reviews regarding this product. It has always worked for me: I have extremely oily lids, and shadow always ended up in the crease, or simply sliding off. When I use this primer, it stays put until I take it off, and I don't notice any crepe-iness or creasing or "old-looking" skin (whatever that means-just for the record, I'm in my forties, which is probably ancient to the reviewers who wrote that, and I still don't have crow's feet or droopy lids). I think other peoples' issues with this stem from application problems: a little of this stuff goes a long, long way. When I use it, I barely squeeze the tube to get a tiny, tiny amount on my fingertip. Then, I rub my two index fingers together, smudging it on both. Then, I apply this to each lid-just to the part where the shadow is going to go, and not past the corners of my eyes-that way, it doesn't sink into smile creases or fine lines. Then, wait for it to dry before putting on shadow. Works like a charm-I think maybe some people might just be using too much at one time-definitely, if you are finding that it looks bumpy. This is the best shadow primer I've ever tried-if I have a quibble with it, it is that it is almost too difficult to get off, but if you use a makeup remover wipe and you hold it on your eyelid for a few seconds to sort of soften the primer, it should come off more easily. I don't recall how much this cost, but I don't remember it being terribly expensive, and one little tube will last me a long while, as I don't wear eyeshadow every day. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

on 3/17/2015 10:35:00 AM

Without this primer the skin above my eyes looks normal. No noticeable dryness or wrinkles. When I use this primer I suddenly look older - the skin looks so dry and crepey, where it didn't before. Having said that, this does the job it's supposed to do - the eyeshadow stays on all day with no melting into the crease. But at 37 years old I'm going to be avoiding this due to the negative effects mentioned - I'd rather have a melting shadow look than an old age look!

on 3/13/2015 10:25:00 PM

Just great!!

on 3/9/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Urgh, I want to love this product, but I just can't.

I find that it leaves my eyes looking sooooooooo dry and bumpy and OLD. I find it harder to spread and blend eyeshadow when I use this, so I guess it does do part of its job by holding it in place.

Don't get me wrong, I am no eyeshadow afficianado, but this stuff makes my application worse. This morning's disaster was enough to swear me off this for life.

I have oily lids, but you'd never know it after I use this. It clings to every morsel of powder it can, and then makes it lumpy and bumpy and horrible. I was better off before I was priming my lids.

on 3/8/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the packaging But i can't see any difference of the shadow after using this primer.It doesen't crease on me.

on 3/3/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of those urban decay pioneer products that was really great and novel 10 years ago but has since been surpassed by other brands. When I used this in high school it was one of the first eye primers (at least that I'd heard of) and it was great. But now, so many lines offer eye primers and this one isn't as good as the competition. At $20 a tube, it's a bit steep in my opinion. It's also very thick and orange. The LORAC eye primer is superior to me, because it's lighter both in color and consistency. I buy this when LORAC is out of stock, but it's not my favorite.

on 3/2/2015 3:15:00 PM

It all seems good until I use the product itself. I like the tiny tube, and the ability to squeeze out a small bit. The color is fine for my pale skin (but hopefully there are other shades?).
The cream goes on okay at first, but after a moment forms cakey bits which is gross and annoying. I have to brush it away if I have any hope of applying shadow. This is bad: I do not get the improved surface I am seeking; my eye lids become irritated before I even start my makeup application; and it's disappointing!
I've tried it many times with the same results, so I'll be looking for a replacement product. Suggestions are welcome.

on 3/1/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I received a few samples of this eyeshadow primer with an Urban Decay palette I bought. My first impressions of this were that it helped my eyeshadow stay on, but after testing it by putting it on one eye and none of the other I didn't notice any difference, and my eyeshadow stayed the same, it really doesn't do anything for me, it makes my eyelids really oily though, so I had to stop using it. Overall, I don't think this is really that great.

on 3/1/2015 2:57:00 PM

I used this when I was in high school and then i stopped and I forgot how good it is. It really is nice for keeping eyeshadow in place and the package is so cute

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product is just okay in my opinion. It does help shadow to last longer and keep the pigment, but I find with a highly pigmented shadow I don't need this really. I have so many tubes of this from Sephora freebies it's ridiculous too, so I would never repurchase it seems as if my original tube has lasted forever so it was worth buying. But I don't use very much at a time though, I found that too much looks cakey and artificial on my skin anyway

Video Reviews & Tutorials