Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Primer potion used to be my staple- but now I'm noticing that they've changed the formula. Anyone else having this issue? For me, its very watery. Even after shaking it up, the first squirt is this oily type of substance. Also, I never had to shake it before. Then I put it on, and it seems to highlight all the dry patches on my eyelids. What gives? And my eyeshadow creases with this stuff! Right in the inner part of my eyelid, I've been having major creasing. So sad :( probably gonna switch to Milani eye primer for a cheaper alternative that will hopefully do a better job.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love love love this primer. I would use this under my eyeshadow whenever I would go to concerts. Even after sweating for hours my eyeshadow would stay vibrant! I only wish the price was lower.

on 2/3/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

While this is pretty expensive compared to most of my other makeup, this may be the single best makeup purchase I've ever made. While it's not foolproof, I can put this onto my eyes and my eyeshadow won't crease for hours. Usually I have to smooth it out about halfway through the day, but it works well! I don't rebuy it very often because it lasts forever. I'm so glad they got rid of the mascara-like bottle. You can get every last dredge out of the current squeeze bottle. The texture is like a thick cream foundation. It doesn't have a smell, even after having it for several years. However, it does occasionally need to be remixed as the liquid portion will separate.

Yep. Works. Keeps your eye shadow on without creases. What more do you need?

on 1/31/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Over all the eyeshadow primers I've use, this is definitely my favorite one. It goes on so smoothly and feels so silky as it dries.....really does keep your shadow from Creasing or fading away throughout the day!! Love it! Also love the cute tube with wand that it comes in!

on 1/31/2015 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not feeling the love. I think the packaging changed and the texture. There is no doe foot, it comes in a tube and what comes out is quite thick and dry. It spreads but it's kind of thick feeling. Doesn't do anything. I had tried a gold one. I can't remeber if it was in tube or doe foot but it was thinner and stickier. I felt the texture was better, but didn't like that it was gold flecks. Ended up not keeping it. This is like working with very cold butter. I'd prefer a thinner texture. Most of all I want to notice some change. I have very hooded eyes so everything smears into one color. Above the crease things to blend easily. It has fixed either problem, nor made anything pop. Granted my eyes are difficult to work with.

on 1/28/2015 3:22:00 PM

I love it I LOVE IT!! Really there are no words. Do yourself a favor and buy it! You only need the tiniest bit & it keeps your eyeshadow flawless. It's a must have!!!

on 1/28/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Why havent I tried this before?!
Never been much into eyeshadows, mostly because it goes on flaky and ugly, and it ends up creasing and disappearing from my lids after 1 hour.. Then I FINALLY got this and holy... My eyeshadow goes on super smoothly, beautiful and it holds ALL day! and NO creasing! There are no words, if you havent already tried this, you need to go out and buy it asap.

TL;DR : Worth the hype, HOLY GRAIL!

on 1/27/2015 11:25:00 AM

I've used this for years, I guess cause I've just been to lazy to find a better one lol! It basically does what it says, but it leaves like crusty flakes on my eyelid mainly under my brow. I used to think it was my skin but now i'm sure its not! Does anyone else have this problem?

on 1/26/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Overall it's a really good product. In terms of packaging is amazing - doesn't overflow and get dirty on the outside. The package is also very elegant. The product itself is outstanding, the first time I used it, I went to the movies and cried and my makeup wasn't runny or anything. It's very soft and creamy, easy to apply with your fingers or with a brush. It blends with your skin really nicely, I don't have that dark a skin tone, so with mine the color is practically the same but I imagine it blends with every tone. The only thing I really don't like is the relation price quantity. For the amount, I think the price could be a little better or they could at least try to go for 15 ml instead of the actual 11 ml of product in it. However, even though I've had mine for a while, I still have plenty of product so that is a plus for me. I love it! And I will definitely re-purchase it!!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products