Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Today I finally did a test on this primer after using it for an entire year.... just to make sure before I finally wrote this review. On one eyelid I used this UD primer Potion, on the other eyelid I used nothing but powder. (I actually call them "oilids" because it seems like my eyelids have more oil on them then anywhere else on my face) I put waterproof eyeliner on after a minute or two. Several hour later, I looked carefully into a magnifying mirror, only to find that the only eyeliner on my lids was the one on the side with the UD primer potion. It was exactly as I had applied it that morning, however the other eyelid was nearly without any eyeliner at all.... Most of it was under my eyes, giving me that dreaded "raccoon look". I swear by this stuff and just bought more. Well done, Urban Decay!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is the best eye shadow primer i have used to this day! it makes my eye shadow go on perfect and really makes it stand out and stay on all day. i like to use this with the naked palette but it also works well with any drug store or name brand eye shadow

UDPP is a great option as a staple eyeshadow primer! Shadow lasts all day, application is easy, and the product is easy to find. I tend to like Too Faced Shadow Insurance a tiny bit more, but overall this is a great product to always have on hand!

I think I'm on probably my 10th tube of this and I have been addicted since around 2007. I have oily eyelids and nothing else has some close to how successful this has been for me. I have used it with a wide range of eyeshadow brands and types, and it works great with all of them.

I can use this in the morning and it lasts all day. If I'm going out at night I will reapply my eyeshadow, but if I'm just running errands I don't need to bother.

My only real issue is with the packaging. It's definitely better than it used to be, but I still find that a lot of product builds up at the end of it and I have to cut it to get to it (then it dries out really fast). It also sometimes clumps up at the opening, so I have to clean it often to make sure I'm getting it all out.

I suffer with oily eyelids and eyeshadow always used to crease on me, I think this is definitely worth the price as my eyeshadow lasts all day now

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

A little tube goes a long way and has great lasting power. A must-have if you're putting on eyeshadow and want it to last all day.

I've tried all of the Urban Decay Primer Potions, and this one is simply the best. Nothing tops it. It's easy to apply and glides on like butter. It's sheer enough that it doesn't alter the color of your eyeshadows. The finish is slightly tacky, so shadows glide over this stuff so easily and stay on all day. It's just perfect.

I've had absolutely no creasing with this stuff. I can be outside when it's 105 degrees going for a jog and my eyeshadow will still look gorgeous when I get home, even if I'm covered in sweat. I didn't expect this at all to be honest. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

All in all, this primer does everything I want it to do, plus some. It's easy to use. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey. The price is a little steep, but it's so worth it. Definitely one of those products that lives up to the hype.

Honestly, all of Urban Decay's Primer Potions are good, but nothing beats the original.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! My eyelids are very very oily and i've tried some different primers and none have worked. When I tried this I was so surprised that my eye makeup stayed on the whole day and looked really good even at the end of the day! So if you have oily lids you need to buy this NOW!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love using this primer before any of my eye shadow to help make the pigments stand out and live up to their full potential.

I received the sample size with a purchase at Sephora. I'm always a little hesitant to try something new becuase my skin is so sensative. But I gave it a chance idk if perhaps I'm might have used too much but when it dried it felt like glue, after a few minutes my eye started feeling very irrated it didn't turn out so great. I'd definitely get a sample if you are looking into buying it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials