October 26, 2014 | 1182 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by isabellahanley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It's my absolute staple face brush. It distributes liquid foundation flawlessly and uniformly every time. It blends my face products perfectly. I have a slight problem with shedding but apart from that, it's my perfect brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by cuteness97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this brush!! This is deff one of my favorite brushes! Its super soft, great quality, and it applies my bronzer amazingly! I use this brush for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, and it does a great job, and it applies it naturally and flawlessly. It does not shed which is a big plus. It is expensive, but its worth investing in it! You wont regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by littlellamadrama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This make up brush is one of the first ones I own. I'm used to eco tools and elf brushes since I'm just a beginner in the world of make up. This was my only foundation brush and I was satisfied with the results. It made a nice finish with my Revlon Colorstay. Although, it could get streaky and you have to keep blending to get a smooth even finish. The shedding was annoying especially for an expensive brush but my stepmother told me that Mac brushes were worth investing on. So I let it be.

However, I bought an elf powder brush which is sort of like a flat top kabuki brush and realized it made a better finish with my foundation. And all for 3 dollars? It did a better job than my Mac 187 although it shed too, but I don't feel so bad that it does because of the price.

Eco tools also has a duo fibre brush, although I haven't used it for foundation, has never shed on me.

So all in all, I'm somewhat disappointed in the product when there are a lot of dupes out there that could provide a better finish or better quality and won't kill your wallet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by BritJoi

I absolutely LOVE this brush. I'm getting more into foundation application now and paired this brush with the MAC Matchmaster and my makeup has never looked so natural (which I used to think was impossible to achieve with foundation!!). It's an airbrushed look and I just buff the foundation right into my skin and it's flawless. All my MAC brushes have lasted me 5+ years so I expect this one to do the same! It does shed a little but it's not too bothersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush about 2 years ago, thinking that there is nothing on this planet that could ever beat brushes by MAC.
I was definitely wrong.
It's crazy expensive and not worth the money at all.
Generally, I enjoy using these kinda brushes for a soft focus finish, let it be foundation, a dust of powder, contouring, highlighting or bronzing, sometimes blush. Works alright with powder products, ok with cream products and bad with liquids. It leaves every liquid product streaky, no matter if it is a runny highlighting fluid or a thicker, creamier liquid foundation. You need a lot of time for blending it into the skin. Plus it sheds so bad! You always have to pick little hairs off your face, it gets really annoying.
I don't really use it anymore, I prefer cheaper alternatives like Sigma or even Real Techniques. No to minimal shedding and unbeatable price, same quality if it comes to the bristles and the handles.
Won't ever recommend face brushes by MAC!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by blu3

This is the only brush I use when applying liquid foundations. It really does give an airbrush finish and makes applying quick and easy. My only gripe (not with just this brush, but all MAC brushes) is that it sheds like crazy. Not so much during application with this one since you're stippling, but when I wash my brush, I normally see 2-3 bristles fall out each time. I know it's not in the method that I clean my brushes as I have other brand brushes that I clean at the same time without seeing any loose bristles.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush after hearing the hype about this product. I tried to use it for about a month to allow myself a learning curve and I'm not "thrilled" with this brush. It's an okay brush, but nothing worth spending that much money on.
I primarily used this for liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay & MUFE HD) and I found the application very streaky. The bristles clump together and it just is too messy and takes too much time. I personally prefer stippling brushes that are dense like the MAC 130 or for a cheaper alternative the Real Techniques Stippling Brush.
If you are trying to decide for brushes, I'd definitely recommend those two before purchasing this 187 because they get the job done without streaks.

However, this is a great brush for applying very pigmented blushes to your cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great tool for applying thicker type of liquid foundation. I use it every time I need to apply my Skin Base and it creates flawless finish every time. I doesn't waste product which I love. Unfortunately it shades a lot even after I've benn using it for a year, washing it every week with a baby shampoo. Still love it and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nicholee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this brush and want to tell everyone that it's really an amazing tool to create an airbrushed and polished look to your face.
I couldn't believe the difference this stipple brush makes to creating flawless looking skin. Previously I would use my fingers, flat brush or sponge to put on foundation which wouldn't create the same airbrushed effect at all. It is expensive but so worth it! However, if anyone is not sure how to use it properly, they should read the online tutorials on how to use the brush correctly. You are supposed to gently stipple and not brushing it rigorously to get the right effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by amary18

I purchased this product, feel in love with it after using it twice..but then, I had buyers remorse...$50.50 + tax on a single brush??? OUTRAGEOUS. I returned it. I had a friend who suckered me in to buying Coastal Scent brushes online during their Black Friday event...I was able to add dozens of items in my cart that totalled the cost of my one beloved MAC brush...

Boy did I regret purchasing the Coastal Scents brushes...Over the years, I invested in tons of crummy brushes and the fact that the process was online and I could not see them or feel them bothered me. I'd much rather suck it up and invest in the 187 (which better last me a LIFETIME) LOL.

I will be returning to the MAC store to repurchase tomorrow. The application is FLAWLESS. My face makeup takes two minutes. Quick, easy and feels like skin.