July 31, 2014 | 2056 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush about 2 years ago, thinking that there is nothing on this planet that could ever beat brushes by MAC.
I was definitely wrong.
It's crazy expensive and not worth the money at all.
Generally, I enjoy using these kinda brushes for a soft focus finish, let it be foundation, a dust of powder, contouring, highlighting or bronzing, sometimes blush. Works alright with powder products, ok with cream products and bad with liquids. It leaves every liquid product streaky, no matter if it is a runny highlighting fluid or a thicker, creamier liquid foundation. You need a lot of time for blending it into the skin. Plus it sheds so bad! You always have to pick little hairs off your face, it gets really annoying.
I don't really use it anymore, I prefer cheaper alternatives like Sigma or even Real Techniques. No to minimal shedding and unbeatable price, same quality if it comes to the bristles and the handles.
Won't ever recommend face brushes by MAC!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by blu3

This is the only brush I use when applying liquid foundations. It really does give an airbrush finish and makes applying quick and easy. My only gripe (not with just this brush, but all MAC brushes) is that it sheds like crazy. Not so much during application with this one since you're stippling, but when I wash my brush, I normally see 2-3 bristles fall out each time. I know it's not in the method that I clean my brushes as I have other brand brushes that I clean at the same time without seeing any loose bristles.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush after hearing the hype about this product. I tried to use it for about a month to allow myself a learning curve and I'm not "thrilled" with this brush. It's an okay brush, but nothing worth spending that much money on.
I primarily used this for liquid foundation (Revlon Colorstay & MUFE HD) and I found the application very streaky. The bristles clump together and it just is too messy and takes too much time. I personally prefer stippling brushes that are dense like the MAC 130 or for a cheaper alternative the Real Techniques Stippling Brush.
If you are trying to decide for brushes, I'd definitely recommend those two before purchasing this 187 because they get the job done without streaks.

However, this is a great brush for applying very pigmented blushes to your cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great tool for applying thicker type of liquid foundation. I use it every time I need to apply my Skin Base and it creates flawless finish every time. I doesn't waste product which I love. Unfortunately it shades a lot even after I've benn using it for a year, washing it every week with a baby shampoo. Still love it and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nicholee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this brush and want to tell everyone that it's really an amazing tool to create an airbrushed and polished look to your face.
I couldn't believe the difference this stipple brush makes to creating flawless looking skin. Previously I would use my fingers, flat brush or sponge to put on foundation which wouldn't create the same airbrushed effect at all. It is expensive but so worth it! However, if anyone is not sure how to use it properly, they should read the online tutorials on how to use the brush correctly. You are supposed to gently stipple and not brushing it rigorously to get the right effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by amary18

I purchased this product, feel in love with it after using it twice..but then, I had buyers remorse...$50.50 + tax on a single brush??? OUTRAGEOUS. I returned it. I had a friend who suckered me in to buying Coastal Scent brushes online during their Black Friday event...I was able to add dozens of items in my cart that totalled the cost of my one beloved MAC brush...

Boy did I regret purchasing the Coastal Scents brushes...Over the years, I invested in tons of crummy brushes and the fact that the process was online and I could not see them or feel them bothered me. I'd much rather suck it up and invest in the 187 (which better last me a LIFETIME) LOL.

I will be returning to the MAC store to repurchase tomorrow. The application is FLAWLESS. My face makeup takes two minutes. Quick, easy and feels like skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sashsvjet

stunning brush, soft yet firm. the first week you have it, it will actually smell like a goat but after a few washes smell went away. im annoyed though mine sheds like crazy?? its gotten better though after a few uses. i want to get the 130 duo for smaller application

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I had never used a make-up brush (and was frankly, quite skeptical) until a friend of mine (who happens to be a MAC make-up artist) recommended this brush.

I actually love it. It really gives me a smooth and even finish and makes my foundation look completely natural, even though I am a make-up amateur.

Although pricey, it's expected to last forever. I wish it had a cover though because I live in quite a dusty climate.

Edit: I do find that it splays a bit too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was the 1st Mac brush I got. I don't really wear foundation,but needed a bottle at the time & the Mua suggested this brush,I'm glad she did. On the rare days I do wear foundation I have other brushes I use but I always go back over my fave with the 187,if I don't use it. I luv the buffed,polished look it gives. The reason I put I prob wouldn't purchase this brush again...I've taken really good care of mine so I don't need another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

Though my review might seem negative, it is not - 187 is a fine brush but that's it. I am not head over heels in love with it like everyone else here.
It is something that I really tried to love but it ultimately failed to fulfil my expectations. Maybe I was expecting too much? Reading the reviews I was left with the impression it was something outstanding you can't really live without. It's just not that efficient - I have to spend ages to get the coverage I want and my hand kind of hurts afterwards :( I can achieve a similar look with a paddle brush if I use up the same amount of time. Why? I have acne and nothing can look airbrushed on top of that, that's why :)
I also tried it for blush and bronzer and it works fine. I don't have highly pigmented blushes that work best with it so it was a bit pointless using it.
I have been using it for two years now and this is all I can say - meeeh, it could have been better... I also could have saved some money.