October 23, 2014 | 1122 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash (Curved Wand)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lyndcosta

I really wanted to like this mascara - it does enhance my lashes, however, the biggest drawback in my opinion is that it flakes - I find tiny black spots a few hours into use - it's great for the price, but I will defintely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2005 12:54:00 AM More reviews by kjhymn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fed up with searching for my HG, I bought this because at $3 it was the cheapest mascara I could find. I was shocked to find that itís comparable to the $23 DiorShow I recently tried. ESL creates length and volume I didnít think I could get from a d/s mascara, and has a slightly glossy look. It doesnít clump or give me crazy spidery lashes after multiple coats, and it doesnít completely kill my curl. I do, however, comb my lashes after applying to keep them separated. Thereís a tiny bit of flaking that occurs by the end of the day, but if itís really humid or rainy this stuff will smudge. Benefit She-Laq stops the smudging, but not the flaking. It comes off cleanly with makeup remover or baby wipes and doesn't irritate my eyes. Maybe not my HG mascara, but certainly something to keep around as a backup. 3/5 lippies because it's good, but it requires a little effort.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by barbx

I bought this because of the 'no smudge' comments on this board... I guess my eyes are too greasy. It was an ok product, nothing spectacular in the lengthening or volume, but what I was really hoping for was staying power. By 3 p.m. I had raccoon eyes (I put it on at 8 a.m. -- so that's a measly 7 hrs.)! At least I'm only out $2.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, this got decent reviews but I wasn't too impressed with it. I only spent $1.82 I think, and it seems to be that I got what I paid for. It's just OK, nothing really special about it. I didn't notice ANY lengthening or thickening or anything more than just darkening my lashes and making them stick together a bit. I'll keep using it, just since I have it already. Would I repurchase, at this point probably not. Will update if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkstiletto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I go through mascara fairly quickly (for mascara) and this one has been one of my favorites (Full N Soft is still my top favorite though) when applied just right it gives you really full looking lashes that have a little bit of a wet look (just slightly) the only problem is that mascara tends to collect at the end of the wand so you have to make sure to wipe it before you apply. I got mine for $2, you cant beat that!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

I now understand why this mascara was one of the cheapest. It's not very good. The formula is watery, and it started to flake a bit later on in the day. And it really doesn't thicken lashes, it just lengthens and kind of makes them bind together.My biggest problem is with the applicator. I should of bought the straight wand. The curve is stupid and actually makes me sqrew up more. Also, the formula gunks up at the tip. More then any other mascara I have tried. It gets quite annoying.
This can be used in the daytime because it really doesn't create a dramatic look.
One plus, hasn't given me raccoon eyes or smudged badly up to this point.
I would recommend Maybelline's Great Lash over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i LOVE this stuff! it's dirt-cheap and it doesn't clump! it's so versatile--i can put on just one or two light coats for a natural look, or i can go crazy with three or four coats for fat, defined lashes. i get these on a regular basis for about $2.35 a pop at my local long's. fabulous :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by xpiratesmilex

I love this stuff! Gives a very similar look to BeneFit BadGal Lash, my HG mascara :-). It is a little messy to go on, but that's a very minor price to pay for this great stuff! Lenghtens and thickens, but it is a bit hard to seperate just because it is cheap and makes your lashes stick together more. Give it a try! 1.82 isn't that much of a loss, lol. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good product. It does give a lot of length and definition. Not so much thickening, but it is a good product. I personally like using two different masacaras when i wear mascara. I find that i get a lot of volume and length this way. This product doesnt clump, but i do agree that it is very good. a lot better than what i have tried in the past. A big bonus it absolutely does not dry out quicky..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by taintedwing

This is now my fave mascara. I have short straight lashes and this mascara curls them and lengthens them like you wouldn't believe!

I haven't had a problem with any smudging or clumping. No more expensive Mac mascara for me!