April 19, 2014 | 1922 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash (Curved Wand)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by barbx

I bought this because of the 'no smudge' comments on this board... I guess my eyes are too greasy. It was an ok product, nothing spectacular in the lengthening or volume, but what I was really hoping for was staying power. By 3 p.m. I had raccoon eyes (I put it on at 8 a.m. -- so that's a measly 7 hrs.)! At least I'm only out $2.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 2:21:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, this got decent reviews but I wasn't too impressed with it. I only spent $1.82 I think, and it seems to be that I got what I paid for. It's just OK, nothing really special about it. I didn't notice ANY lengthening or thickening or anything more than just darkening my lashes and making them stick together a bit. I'll keep using it, just since I have it already. Would I repurchase, at this point probably not. Will update if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkstiletto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I go through mascara fairly quickly (for mascara) and this one has been one of my favorites (Full N Soft is still my top favorite though) when applied just right it gives you really full looking lashes that have a little bit of a wet look (just slightly) the only problem is that mascara tends to collect at the end of the wand so you have to make sure to wipe it before you apply. I got mine for $2, you cant beat that!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

I now understand why this mascara was one of the cheapest. It's not very good. The formula is watery, and it started to flake a bit later on in the day. And it really doesn't thicken lashes, it just lengthens and kind of makes them bind together.My biggest problem is with the applicator. I should of bought the straight wand. The curve is stupid and actually makes me sqrew up more. Also, the formula gunks up at the tip. More then any other mascara I have tried. It gets quite annoying.
This can be used in the daytime because it really doesn't create a dramatic look.
One plus, hasn't given me raccoon eyes or smudged badly up to this point.
I would recommend Maybelline's Great Lash over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i LOVE this stuff! it's dirt-cheap and it doesn't clump! it's so versatile--i can put on just one or two light coats for a natural look, or i can go crazy with three or four coats for fat, defined lashes. i get these on a regular basis for about $2.35 a pop at my local long's. fabulous :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by xpiratesmilex

I love this stuff! Gives a very similar look to BeneFit BadGal Lash, my HG mascara :-). It is a little messy to go on, but that's a very minor price to pay for this great stuff! Lenghtens and thickens, but it is a bit hard to seperate just because it is cheap and makes your lashes stick together more. Give it a try! 1.82 isn't that much of a loss, lol. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good product. It does give a lot of length and definition. Not so much thickening, but it is a good product. I personally like using two different masacaras when i wear mascara. I find that i get a lot of volume and length this way. This product doesnt clump, but i do agree that it is very good. a lot better than what i have tried in the past. A big bonus it absolutely does not dry out quicky..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by taintedwing

This is now my fave mascara. I have short straight lashes and this mascara curls them and lengthens them like you wouldn't believe!

I haven't had a problem with any smudging or clumping. No more expensive Mac mascara for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by dulceflor

I bought this two or three months ago at Ulta and tried it. It did not impress me (or my lashes!), it went on smoothly with no clumps but my lashes looked the same as when I don't wear mascara! I wasn't too devestated as it cost me less than three bucks but I expected more due to the decent reviews on MUA. Fast-forward to the present: I had lost one of my mascaras in the car, was looking for my clinique impact, puposely avoiding the extra super lash within reach. I could not find it so I groaned inwardly and grabbed this mascara and began to apply. At first it was very "natural" but I kept building it using the curved side of the brush ( bought curved by accident) and somehow "Voila" I had lifted, lenghtened, virtually clump-free lashes! So far, no smudges or flakes. I must say this mascara is pretty darn good and I will use it up. Thats all I can promise! Sometimes its hard being faithfull! (hee,hee!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got mine for a $1.99 at Target. And boy I am only going to be spending $2 on mascara for a long time to come (assuming rimmel doesn't up the price for a few years). The color is great (I have very black), its got a bit of a wet look which I like, it lasts all day or all night, and (for me) it does not smudge terribly. I let it dry, make sure there's no smudges around my eye, and go. The only time I get smudges is when I wear it while exercising or when I got caught in the rain.

Now, I'm unsure how much the curved wand helps curl. I have very straight lashes that almost point down. (of course I have hair that's incredibly curly that I have to pay to get the curls loosened). When I use this without a curler, my lashes go up a bit and stay that way. When I use with a curler (Shu), My lashes curve way up and then they droop an hour later. I don't know why this happens. But I've never been able to get my lashes to stay curled after using a curler. So I generally don't bother with the curler anymore. I'm going to try the straight wand next (I replace mascara every 3 months) and see if I notice any difference.

Oh, I do wipe off the wand by dragging it across a tissue before I apply to get rid of excess. Otherwise, it does gook up the lashes.

for $2, I think this stuff is HG.

UPDATE: Downgrading from 5 lippies to 4 because in the 3rd month of owning this, it starts to smudge terribly. I normally throw out mascara after 3 months, but with this it would have to be every 2. Considering the super cheap price, though, that's OK.