July 22, 2014 | 2221 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by InstantRainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had a few hits and misses for my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin before I chanced on this miracle worker. Its a little more expensive than other products but then it does exactly what it claims. It gently hydrates your skin without any irritation.
Do stop by my blog if you'd like http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/
Cheers!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by timeaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product and hated it. I really wanted to like the whole clinique 3-step but my skin got all these little bumps on the surface after using it a few weeks.

The DDMG was light which is good (my skin is oily) but at the same time it felt like it didn't hydrate at all and my skin felt like I hadn't even put moisturiser on.

Will def not be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

I got a sample of this from Sephora for 100 pts. 1st week it worked great so I ordered a larger size. Continued using my sample for a few weeks but started to get breakouts on all areas of my face. This seems to be the culprit as nothing new was added to my routine. I had really high hopes for this product due to the reviews and rec's on the boards but unfortunately it is not for me. It does moisturize lightly but on some areas I needed more. Full size will be going back as acne is a huge deal-breaker, my moisturizer search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Calciium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is amazing for oily skin. It has a wonderful matte feeling when applied, and provides moisture without creating an oil slick.

It's unscented which should be commonplace with any face products in my opinion. Has no offensive odor to it, which some companies try to mask with fragrances. It's also quite gentle for sensitive skin.

One 125ml bottle with twice daily use lasts at least 6 months for me. Which makes it quite affordable. Obviously it's more than a drugstore moisturizer, but I feel as though it is worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jamie222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gel felt so light , you would not think it can clog pores. To reviewer Teriyaki 25, Rated 1-2 for pore clogging is not really going to clog your pores. But stay away if it is rated 3-5. The clinique moisturizing gel has Laureth-23 rated 3 and Laureth 4 rated 5 . I think these two ingredients are the culprit for your clog pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily.

I had hopes for this moisturizer since a lot of people seemed to like it. However, this product did not work for me. One of the first five ingredients in this moisturizer is BUTYLENE GLYCOL. Paula, the "Cosmetic Cop" calls it a good ingredient and I found several sites listing the comodogenicity (causes acne) with a rate of 1 (1 - very unlikely to cause acne and 5 - stay far away from this product). Unfortunately, this made me breakout small pimples all over my face.

Also, in case you're cautious with silicone in your skincare and cosmetics, DIMETHICONE is the fourth ingredient with a comedogenic rating of 1. Although, I don't think my skin reacted negatively with this ingredient since I use a Revlon face primer that has this ingredient.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this moisturizer! It is perfect for my dry, sensitive, yet acne prone skin. The pump dispenses enough that you can layer how much you need and it's impossible to apply too much. It dries so fast, never greasy, never shiny. I use this everyday and a bottle can last me a year so the price is no issue. I prefer this to the Dramatically Different Lotion which I used in the past (really like it, but the gel is my favorite).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good, lightweight moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin. It did not break me out, it just lightly hydrated my dehydrated skin. It's a very simple moisturizer that's perfect for sensitive/finicky skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used this on my combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin for about 9 years. although I've tried other brands (estee lauder, body shop, avene, etc) I continuously return to this.

- the lightweight gel is fast absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, not shiny

- this oil-free formulation acts as a good "primer" before makeup

- suitable for all skin types and age ranges (started using it at 18, still using it at 27, my mom who's 65 have also used it for the past 10 years, after switching from DDML)
- soothes my sometimes tight, sensitive, irritated skin

- a good "carrier" for other treatments, ointments or serums e.g. if my skin is quite acne prone, i'll mix in 2 drops of tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide. if my skin is dry, i'll mix in 2 drops of vit e oil. if my skin is lackluster, i'll mix in a pump of vit c serum. just mix it on the back of my hand and apply as usual. the effects are awesome!

I would be bitterly upset if Clinique stopped producing this. its really good. definitely worth a try if you can get a sample or small tube.

side note - I've struggled with cystic acne in my teens and Clinique's 3 step system has really helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one product from Clinique I have purchased over and over again. It provides gentle hydration for my combo skin, without being greasy or heavy. It also acts as a good primer for my foundations. I have used various hydraters and moisturizers from other lines that are geared to combo skin types and I always come back to this product. I hope Clinique doesn't change the product formulation or discontinue this fantastic lightweight moisturizer!