October 23, 2014 | 1026 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by elijes

I bought this product because of the great reviews I heard about it and because it is free of a lot of the fatty alcohols that other moisturizers have. I have combination skin - oily in the t-zone but dry along chin (due to acne medication) and under eyes. I love the consistency of this product. It has a lovely gel-like feel. But it does NOT moisturize enough. Even after two layers of it I still have dry patches around my chin area. It really feels as if I have not put anything on. I'm a little disappointed in this moisturizer for the price and will not repurchase.

Edit: I originally wrote this review in the winter. Now that the weather is warmer, I can get away with applying two pumps of the gel and walking away with soft skin but I still don't feel completely moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this due to recs on the skin care board (many really know their stuff on there btw). I have oily, but sensitive skin and I was looking for something to hydrate my skin without being too heavy for my acne and clog-prone skin. This has a nice light texture, almost liquidy and you only need a little bit. It applies smoothly and really helps to soften my skin. In essence it is a no frills moisturizer so I can use it at night too. I wore this under my foundation with no problems. It also doesn't make my face an oil slick throughout the day and I find it such a relief that it doesn't break me out. I can't believe I didn't get this sooner. I would have saved myself money and the hassle of finding a good moisturizer suitable for my skin. I got my small tube at Ulta since I had a coupon and had some points to redeem so it ended being cheap for me. I think it is about 14-15 bucks otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I use this moisturizer in the summer when my skin doesn't need as much hydration. I put this on then layer clean and clear hydrating gel moisturizer overtop. It's the perfect amount of hydration for my oily combo skin that absorbs quickly and doesn't feel or look greasy since it's a gel. Doesn't break me out either and I love the pump so I don't waste product. This formula is really best for oily skin. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend. I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Konidoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i detest clinique clarifying lotion as it aggravates my acne. but i am still using the ddmg mainly because it is so good that it does what it claims. fast absorbing and did not break me out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently changed over from the Moisture Surge to this one and I feel they both moisturise my skin in the same way. The consistency is very similar (both are gels) and they feel lightweight on the skin and not greasy at all. My skin type is generally oily in the T-zone and normal-ish everywhere else, so I prefer this over a lotion/cream any day. I also like how this one comes in a bottle with a pump rather than a jar. However, for night-time I will probably purchase a different moisturiser as I feel this is better for day-time use under my makeup or on its own.

Since using this moisturiser, I have had no breakouts or dry patches on my skin so I am really impressed with it. I didn't get any with the MS so I guess they are very similar in how they work for my skin.

The main reason for switching over would be the overall cost, this is a few pounds cheaper than Moisture Surge but you get over double the amount (I went for the 125ml bottle) so I'm thinking it will last twice as long!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Bailey4213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This definitely isn't the most moisturizing product. If you have super dry skin & you're looking for something to smooth out dry patches, this isn't your moisturizer. However I have combination to oily skin that stays hydrated by using a mask once a week. This helps keep my face moisturized & really helps keeps me less oily. So if you have oily skin & you're looking for something to help control that this is definitely it. However, I won't be repurchasing because for the money I'm sure there has to be a better moisturizer. This will be great for summer tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice moisturizer for really oily skinned girls because it's really light and doesn't feel that moisturizing. This is also a really nice moisturizer for underneath makeup as it creates a smooth base. I won't repurchase because I don't really have a use for it except when I'm going out at night and need to put makeup on (or else I'm using SPF moisturizer for the day or an acne fighting or richer moisturizer for night).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've almost run through the bottle. For me, this is far from being an effective moisturizer. My skin is oily, so this was recommended to me with fervor. I do like that it absorbs quickly, but after five minutes, it's like I haven't put anything on. My face feels tight, slightly itchy (the itch that comes with being too DRY), and flaky. My skin, though oily, is dry - dehydrated (I know I don't drink enough water).
This stuff simply doesn't do the job. I'm trying out their dramatically different lotion to see how it works out. So far it has done what I need it to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by xTillyx

Lovely light but hydrating gel moisturiser for my slightly oily, combination & spot prone skin. I really like that it's oil free & not greasy, it works very well as a base before make-up. Before I purchased this I tried a sample of the lotion but it was greasy and left a film on my face - in my opinion the gel is much better :-) My only negative is the price, £30 is very expensive for a moisturiser, I just hope it lasts a long time for that price!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by millietizzard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Clinique sales assistant recommended this to me after I told her that I had fairly dry skin, however I sometimes get oily in the T-Zone in summer. (She gave me a sample.)

After cleansing and toning, I applied the gel which is a good consistency, leaves your skin feeling soft, sinks into the skin immediately and doesn't leave a film or leave your skin greasy.

However after a few minutes I could feel my skin feeling really dry again and I'd have to moisturise with a different moisturiser.

This moisturiser is definitely more for combination/oily skin and will not help you if you have dry skin.

It simply did not work for me, however it could be a nice product if you have oily skin.