Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm already on my second bottle of this and I love it. Although a lot of people seem to break out from this gel, luckily I don't. I use it religiously night and day after washing my face. In the morning I'm always a little greasy, but I have that even without the moisturizer and it washes away. This works great under makeup because it absorbs quickly and creates a really nice base. Doesn't leave me greasy through the day like many other moisturizers. I will continue to repurchase for as long as it works.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

sensitive skin so this made me break out:( my mom loved it though

First two day trying this, my skin feel so soft and non sticky. Third day my whole face was filled itchy red rash all over. I had to go to the doctor for a prescription cream to get rid of it. Never again!

Its OK! i bought 2 bottles in Dubai Duty Free it was on promotion and I barely used one bottle. It broke me up,so I discontinue using it. I think if you are looking specifically for moisturizer its not worthy you can get better choices for less price.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I decided to give this product a try because it's a moisturizer that is formulated specifically for oily/combination skin. I was beginning to think the moisturizer I had previously been using twice a day was perhaps too heavy, especially for daytime and/or under makeup. (Ponds Rejuveness Anti Wrinkle Cream) I found a great deal at Macy's in which there are three full sized products in addition to three travel size from the oily/combination skin line; facial cleanser, clarifying lotion (aka toner), and moisturizer (this product). Apparently Sephora has the same set available as well for $66. This product alone costs $24 for the full sized version that comes in this set. I thought perhaps using the entire line consistently would also lead to better results in keeping my oily skin under control.
I will say I felt the three products together worked more efficiently than just simply using this moisturizer alone. When just taking into account this moisturizer, I don't feel that it made a significant difference in my skin. I felt it did a decent job of moisturizing and created a nice canvas for makeup application. It left my skin feeling hydrated and soft. Clinique skincare products somehow manage to be basic in concept, yet also great quality. They are fragrance free and generally reasonably priced with many sizes available for most of their skincare products. I would definitely repurchase this item, but strongly recommend using the other two products in conjunction with this; specifically, the "clarifying lotion"/toner.

I have classic combination skin, ie very oily in the tzone, and normal in the other areas of m,y face. I bought this in the super humid summer climate, but even then it left my face feeling very dry and tight. This moisturizer should NOT be promoted to combination skins, as it left mine feleing nothing but dry and tight, it was horrible. It may work well if you have very oily skin, but for me it worked best in the bin.

I'm really struggling to find a combination skin face cream that does not either dry out or completely sticky up my skin! This does I prove my skin quality overall, my enlarged pores are greatly reduced, but my skin feels dehydrated and tight, I can't wait to wash it off at the end of the day. The lotion version is too greasy and leaves my t-zone sticky and oily through the day.
Would probably recommend to someone with oily skin overall, as this provides little to no moisture. Good at improving skin texture though.

My face is oily, but now I feel it dehydrated. This gel does nothing for my skin. I used it every night and I did not seen any improvement of my skin. This gel does not moisturize at all.
Luckily, I bought it in travel size and I didn't waste my money.
Certainly, I will not buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The one and only moisturizer that has coped with my severely oily skin and active breakouts. Firstly, the price isn't too bad, and the packaging just becomes a pain when you're down to the last dregs. However, this gel moisturizer truly gives me relief whenever my skin is congested and calms down any flaky/dehydrated patches. It truly does clarify my skin and it's a treat to rub on. It does reduce shine slightly.
However, this is not moisturizing enough for any significantly dry patches and when I do have phases of severely dry skin, this moisturizer stings and burns my face.
The lotion version of this is way too heavy for me and made me greasier and also caused a breakout.
I have tried Garnier's moisture renew night cream that was said to be kind of a dupe for this, and that is pleasant to put on and also quite moisturizing. However, the intense fragrance of that put me off and also caused a pimple or two.
Would repurchase this moisturizer as so far, it's the only one that hasn't caused me any breakouts and hasn't made me oilier.

I've always wanted to purchase this moisturizer for years and always neglected it. Overall, its a good moisturizer that does good for my skin which is ideal! I purchased the travel sized squeeze tube for $18CAD at my local sephora. Sidenote: I am oily skin in my t-zone with larger pores.

pros:
- size variations: this product is available in 3 sizes. I purchased the smallest one since its my first time trying it out.
- the consistency is what it says: gel. Its not as drying as other gels Ive used (like Shisiedo's blue line. too powdery). My makeup doesn't flake on top of this moisturizer. I was afraid of that.
- the amount of moisture it provides me is just right! I would only use this in the spring-fall seasons. its a great base for primer and foundations.

cons:
- although its very faint, the smell isnt my favourite. it smells like sweet lemons, which i dont mind but i prefer unscented skincare products.
- the color. again, very faint but I dont like the yellow tint.

I would recommend this for oily skinned people, and would repurchase in the larger bottle with a pump!