April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this foundation as a spot corrector because I love the matte effect and the coverage but all over, the color isn't quite right. I got a pretty good match to my skin tone and if I use it just to cover my acne scars on my right cheek and blend it out, it looks good. I prefer to use this instead of a concealer because I really like the product but not for my whole face. My skin near my jaw is drier than my cheeks and this foundation sucks up any moisture in my skin and I end up flaky. This foundation is not for dry skin, it just dried me out more, even with my favorite moisturizer. The price is good and it was worth a try, it's still good as a matte spot corrector but not as a whole face foundation for my dry skin. The color was also a little orange, I think I got natural beige and even after blending it's not too dark but it's not the right tone, once again: good for small areas of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for about four months until I tried Revlon ColorStay and I would never go back to it. The price, texture, application, and matte finish are all nice. However, it doesn't even last five hours without melting off and my skin is not extremely oily. Also, when you get to the bottom of the jar it starts to ball up into little pieces and get weird. Big disappointment. I would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

This product is good for summer but somewhat sketchy for winter. It is designed for those with oily skin and works well that way. However, in the winter when my skin is drier it is a pain to use. I recommend putting it on immediately after moisturiser. Also, the shades are a little too dark in my opinion. That combined with the resistance to blending makes this product not user friendly in my opinion. All that being said, this is the only foundation that has kept me matt for most of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by diamandaxoxo

i actually think this is the worst foundation i have ever tried from the drugstore. i have normal to dry skin and this clinges to the dry patches and makes me look flaky. it also oxidices like no other and gets patchy over time. i wouldn't recommend buying this, there is better foundations in the drugstore for even less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by mimisamxx

When i first bought this i loved it- the mouse was so easy so apply, spread, and made my face look like it was smooth. But then in the light, it only evidently clogged up my pores and made my skin look really cakey and flakey, with and without powder. A primer did help,but only a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tdmoore2r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use Cargo powder foundation, which I love for regular use, but I like this Matte Finish for a total coverage look without the shiny feel like other liquid foundations. I was going to try Nars which I've heard good things about, but that's $44 compared to the $9 for this. I don't wear makeup often because for me it's too much work and my shade is so weird that most colors are off. This matched perfectly. I used a spongey thing to put it on and I used very little.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by keelysimpkin

Okay so let's get things straight; I do not like nor dislike this foundation.

Does this foundation look good on it's own/with a powder? No.
Does this foundation look good as a secondary base over a higher brand foundation? Yes.

I use this for nights out as a little 'life-line' over the top of my Clarins Everlasting Foundation. I first moisturise, then apply then Clarins, then this mousse and finally set it with a powder. I only use this to add a little extra coverage as a 'just in case' for when I'm out dancing or getting sweaty at a gig. However, as a foundation on it's own it appears rather cakey and patchy. I would only recommend for when you want a bit more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cupcake8513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely loveeeee this foundation! I love how my skin looks wearing this. I know people say they dont get alot of coverage but i think it depends on how you apply. I use a flat foundation brush and stipple the foundation on then rub it in with the brush in a circular motion.. works great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this foundation and felt like it really evened out my skin tone and gave good coverage. I didn't like that there was no applicator and it broke me out damnit!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing many raves about this foundation I had to try it for myself. Now I usually don't buy drugstore foundation because I generally don't buy any foundation that hasn't been tested and tried out on my skin, so I wasn't too sure about which color to choose.

I picked #3 Natural Ivory, which ended up being a touch too dark, but blended well enough w the aid of my SK Foundation brush (love this) to make it not so noticeable.

While I like it's light-weight feel and the fact that it doesn't need to be set nor touched up with powder (as it stays matte all day on me), I find it highlights both my pores and dry areas on my cheeks. Quite honestly I don't know who this foundation could work for other than someone with small pores and oily skin, which I'm sure is quite rare.