November 27, 2014 | 1011 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by yaniharris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My god...I can't believe this foundation used to be my favourite foundation. When I was first introduced to the wonderful world of makeup, my friend recommended this foundation to me. Having no knowledge of foundations, I decided to go out to the shops and check this out. I was in love with the consistency of the mousse and the finish on me, so I purchased it.

Since then, I used this foundation for about 2 and a half years. Let me tell you, I had the clearest skin before I started using this product. After those 2 and a half years, I was covered in PIMPLES! My parents, friends, classmates and even random people had told me my skin was looking like a pizza. I can't believe I was oblivious to the fact my face was breaking out while using this product. Once I chucked it out, my skin cleared up almost instantly and I switched to Loreal True Match foundation.

I believe this was because of the packaging. This mousse comes in a little half glass half plastic container. I must say, the container was very nice for travelling, as you could chuck it in your bag and not have a worry about spillage or breakage. But see, this is the problem. I assume most people use their fingers to apply this mousse, just like I did. JUST IMAGINE ALL OF THE BACTERIA BUILDING UP FROM YOUR FINGERS INSIDE THE CONTAINER! Heads up makeup lovers, your mousse is collecting dirt and all sorts of bacteria from the outside world. I recommend you either get comfy with your new germy friends or find a new foundation...fast.

Even using a brush to apply this foundation wont save you from the bacteria. The thick, spongy texture will interfere with your makeup brush and will make applying a hassle and time consumer.

Okay okay, I can't just ramble on about how bad this foundation is without mentioning some of the pros of this product. The consistency is smooth and nice when you first buy the foundation and the foundation leaves a nice, matte finish and provides good coverage. The packaging for travelling purposes as I mentioned before is definitely a pro of this foundation. The colour choices are quite broad too, ranging from light to dark shades to suit your skin colour. Other than that, I really can't think of anything else that is good about this product.

Will not be buying NOR using again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by RachelLR1998

I bought this on a whim, never having used a mousse textured foundation before. I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It covered well and I loved how it felt on my skin. So much so that I'm almost finished my second container of it. The one downfall is how difficult it is to apply. I used an off brand beauty blender to apply it and it worked wonderfully. Overall, I love this product very much!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it in the worst year of my teenages - and I had acne problems with it (actually, I've had it with many Maybelline products). However, I must say, the coverage is really nice, the effect is natural and the texture is comfortable. It lasts a lot and I'd like to buy it one more time, as my skin is normal again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ellamarieramos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love the texture specially using it with brush. not cakey at all in my face. gooe coverage and last 8 hrs for me:) good buy❤️

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Carawalters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well it did some good coverage but it kinda makes your face look cakey. It also causes my breakouts immediately after i use it, and i have to deal with new acne all the time with this product. It doesnt really stick so well, i wouldnt recommend this for acne skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by RaainDrrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was using Maybellines Dream Smooth Mousse(basically the opposite) before I picked up this. My skins oily & acne prone so the beauty specialist said to use this because it wont make my face feel greasy like the smooth mousse one did. I like the matte finish, but the smooth mousse had more coverage. Ita kinda chunky.. When I apply it with a sponge, brush or my fingers itll rub onto my face but alot of it just falls onto my lap. The foundation definetly doesent stick together very well. It doesent last all day and I had almost flawless skin before using it. I had a few pimples on my forehead. After using this for three weeks my face is absolutly COVERED in pimples. My forehead is worse and now I have tons of pimples on my chin and cheeks. Through my whole life Ive only ever had like 3 pimples on my cheek. Im furious. Guess its back to the greasy smooth mousse till I find another matte foundation that doesent break me out. BTW everyone... Smooth mousse is for people with dry skin This Matte mousse is for people with oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I personally love this product. It covers very well and it doesn't feel gross on your skin. I think for the price it great and it lasts you for awhile. It also matches my complection very well. The only thing I don't like is how the makeup somewhat "crumbles" while applying but you just have to smooth it out well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Shelby97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was nervous to try this foundation at first, but I'm glad I did. Ithe packaging is nice, and I like how well it blends. You only want to use a tiny bit though. I found it have a natural skinlike appearance to the skin. Really love it, I'll be buying it again for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

This broke me out!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It had a decent and kind of pretty finish at first, and felt light with an interesting texture, but it starts to get very orange/shiny looking after a few hours :( Even with the lightest shade, it oxidized into a weird orangey color. I'm not that light either! I wouldn't recommend this, Revlon colorstay is much nicer.