Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 11/19/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Blends nicely and has a nice unique texture but is gone in spots where i need it by midday and clings to dry patches.

on 11/16/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I thought this foundation was 'OK'. I got the shade light porcelain 004 which was a good match but a bit too light (the darker shades were too dark). I have oily skin so thought it would be good to keep me matte. However, it just started to completely dry out my face and it was going all flaky and didnt look healthy when I put the foundation on. It also looked a bit cakey and you could definitely tell I had it on. I did like the coverage as it was medium - full on my skin and doubled as my concealer at the time. I stopped using this because I went to put it on I twisted the lid off and it fell to pieces on the floor! The glass just broke! I don't think it was very strong because I had never dropped it so dont know what happened. Wouldn't repurchase because too drying and bad for skin. Think it have me more breakouts

on 11/13/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

SKIN BACKGROUND: normal/dry, acne prone, mild to severe acne marks and scars, dominant yellow-olive undertones.
COVERAGE: full (when applied on top of a powder)
FINISH: matte
TEXTURE: very smooth and spongey
LASTING POWER: 10-12 hours
SHADES: I’m NC20 in Mac and the shade Nude (Light 4) is almost perfect for me. It's slightly more orange than yellow, but it's one of those things where only I really notice it.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: no
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: yes
FINAL VERDICT: When I first tried this foundation, I didn't like it whatsoever. It was streaky, barely medium coverage, and lasted maybe 2-3 hours. After reading different makeup tips, I decided to put on powder before applying the foundation with my clean fingers. I know that sounds weird and gives the impression that it'd make the foundation chalky but it really doesn't! It makes the foundation apply smoothly and makes the coverage flawless. I use Mac Studio Fix Powder beforehand which works great, but using a translucent powder works just as well. After applying the foundation, I set the foundation with the same powder and it lasts even longer. If you didn't like the foundation, don't let it go to waste! Try different methods of applying the foundation to see what suits you best.

UPDATE: Because it's winter, my skin naturally becomes more dry and oddly textured (my acne scars become emphasized). This foundation didn't smooth over my skin as well as it did when I had more moisture in it, so I mixed a bit of silicone primer in it to apply and now it looks even better than before!

on 11/6/2014 4:57:00 AM

I purchased this product due to Google reviews... I've been purchasing drug store foundations of all brands so I have no "higher end" foundations to compare to. I rated 2/5 because I love the way this product went on. It's smooth and creamy, gave me a semi matte finish, but after about 2 hours I was super greasy. I wouldn't suggest to someone with combination / oily skin. It just didn't last :( I was excited when I was done with my make up to see how natural it looked and I wanted to love it, but it didn't even last.

on 11/3/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised that hardly anyone seems to like this. Personally, I have been loving this ever since I started wearing makeup. I have strayed, of course, as you do when you are young and wild at heart - from the expensive crap in pretty bottles, to the liquid frauds of the high street. But I always come back to this. Convinced it's true love.

on 10/15/2014 11:09:00 PM

I really did not like this foundation. It hardly did anything to my skin! I felt like it just made me look orange. I hated this product! Which is weird because my friend absolutely loved this foundation. I guess if depends on the person. I would not recommend this foundation though.

on 10/14/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first "real" foundation I used and I love it! My T-Zone gets super oily but this foundation completely stops that! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder with this and I never get oily skin whilst wearing it!

on 10/10/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have LIVED by this foundation for the past few years, lately though it hasn't worked the same and I get a new one every month. I have reaaaally oily skin. And wearing this foundation it looks flawless for about 4 hours, then the oil starts showing and it gets greasy and i can literally see my finger prints if I were to touch my face. I am trying something new today but this will be my go-to foundation if this other foundation doesn't work out.

on 10/5/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My feelings about this foundation can be summed up in one word: HORRIBLE! I've tried the Dream Matte Airfoam and didn't like it. But I actually really like the Dream Matte Liquid Mousse. I was curious about this makeup. In the Dream Matte Liquid Mousse, creamy natural is a good match for me. So I bought this in creamy natural as well. BIG mistake. The Creamy Natural in the Mousse makeup is quite a bit darker than the same shade in the Dream Mousse liquid. I could tell as soon as I opened the jar that it was going to be WAY too dark. I could tell just by placing my finger in the mousse. Needless to say, I wasn't about to put it on my face.

on 10/4/2014 8:10:00 PM

I am a makeup artist,and this is my favorite drugstore foundation hands down. I have acne but not necessarily oily skin..so it works perfect for coverage and love the matte finish it gives! I have been using this product for years now and I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera