July 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My cuticles are abused from washing frequently to me picking at them continuously. I try to use this at least before bedtime if not more often throughout the day and it does help. I love the sweet almond oil scent too. I use this over my cuticles on freshly polished nails to help the polish dry faster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A great product and a staple in my nail kit! This is a wonderful nail and cuticle conditioner with vitamin e and almond oil. It smells divine! This is good for those with natural or artificial nails. I like to lengthen the time between my nail salon visits by using this after buffing out my acrylics. Just remove old polish, buff nails, then apply/massage Solar Oil into each nail. Wash hands after. My cuticles are conditioned and my nails have restored luster. I can add almost an extra weak between my fill appointments this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by nailfreak55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this it works very good for a overall good price ranging from 5 dollars and higher

it works good for bad or great cuticles or to make them even better looking!!

Definitely will be buying this in about a week and I just got a new bottle today

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently started to get back into taking care of my hands and knew right away I had to have this. There is nothing else like it - I have tried to purchase generic versions of this and other type of cuticle softening oils but this always beats the rest.

Nicely scented, smooths and soothes cuticles, decent price and makes a difference instantly in the appearance of my raggedy cuticles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell and the consistency. I think possibly my cuticles are softer (it is not anything dramatic) but I will keep using it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by toots13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like Solar Oil and it smells great, but I think it works just okay. It keeps cuticles soft if you use it often, but it takes a long time to soak in. I like Haken cuticle oil from Sally's because they have great scents and it's much cheaper, but my favorite is Orly Cuticle Care oil because it works better and is cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for a long time. When I was using it, I'd buy the larger, more economical size, a little over two ounces. I loved the round glass bottle and brush applicator. I've saved quite a few of them, actually. The brush makes it convenient to apply the oil just where I want. However, I won't be buying it anymore because it is far cheaper to mix up my own blend of oils and refill the bottles I have with my own blend. Solar Oil is jojoba oil, rice bran oil, sweet almond oil, and a little vitamin E. I have found that a blend of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and macademia nut oil with a little vitamin E oil works just as well. I buy these ingredients for far less at a local health food store (I use NOW brand jojoba and macademia nut oil. They are the cheapest). Solar Oil is perhaps more convenient as it is already mixed. However, if you get tired of paying a lot or if you use more than a little of Solar Oil, consider the alternatives.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by FemmeFi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just realized that I've been using Solar Oil for twenty years! It's the best cuticle and nail oil I've ever tried, and it actually penetrates instead of just sitting on top of the skin. When I was a nail tech, I sold more bottles of Solar Oil than I did anything else; people are generally hooked after the first use!

It is a little pricy at retail, so look around a bit before purchasing at CVS or Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by msgenie516

I just purchased this product and only started using it yesterday, so I can't yet rate everything about it. But with my limited experience, I have to say that my cuticles do look better than before. Not great (I have extremely dry skin on my hands, especially when it gets colder out) but definately better and I feel more time is needed to see if there is any additional improvement.

However, I manicured my nails last night and my polish didn't dry very fast (it never does as I use a base coat, a treatment coat, usually 2 coats of polish, and a top coat). So I have many layers to dry, which usually presents a problem. But I started to think about that I read on MUA that this oil is also good for drying nail polish. So I decided to try it out and brushed it over my nails. Almost immediately, the tackiness was gone and I was able to go to bed without the fear of sheet marks. This product is a GREAT polish dryer!

It is oily, as others have mentioned, but when I needed to do something with my hands and didn't want to stain what I had touched, I simply washed my hands first. Of course, it must be better to allow the oil to soak in, but sometimes there is just not enough time.

I do enjoy the almond scent of the oil and do not find it to be overpowering at all.

Due to my limited experience with this product, I haven't deducted any lippies because of my cuticles not being perfect. They absolutely do show improvement so, at this point, that is good enough for me.

I paid A LOT for this oil at CVS ($9.99 for 1/2 oz.) but now I know it is available much more reasonably elsewhere.

Update-10/10/09-I know it's a little soon for an update, but I wanted to mention that my cuticles are improving greatly. Also, I used this again to dry my polish and, once more, it dried incredibly fast. I have some polish that is terribly difficult to dry (Duri) and I'm going to try it with that. I am really not expecting much, but I'll let you know!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I use Solar Oil on my nails after manicuring to hasten drying. When I want to moisturize my nails and cuticles after removing polish, a cream works better than Solar Oil for this purpose. This is probably because creams contain water, the ultimate moisturizer.