September 1, 2014 | 1922 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this cuticle oil. it absorbs well into the skin. I've used different kinds and they just don't moisturize like solar oil does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by patchoulissime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Solar Oil is a nice cuticle oil, but it's nothing mind blowing. It does moisturise even dry cuticles well if you remember to use it couple times a day, but I find it to be way overpriced here. I'm not the biggest fan of the almond smell either.

There's nothing else bad to say about it though, I just prefer Nubar nail oils - they're a lot cheaper (at least here) and come in nicer scents too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Solar Oil is my favorite cuticle oil and it's a staple nail product for me. It smooths my cuticles nicely, and has a faint sweet almond scent. I love to use this after removing polish to moisturize my nails, after a polish change/ manicure, throughout the day and before bedtime for extra moisture. I've found that it works best when used with/ over CND Cuticle Eraser (be sure your polish is DRY before using them, though ;).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My cuticles are abused from washing frequently to me picking at them continuously. I try to use this at least before bedtime if not more often throughout the day and it does help. I love the sweet almond oil scent too. I use this over my cuticles on freshly polished nails to help the polish dry faster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A great product and a staple in my nail kit! This is a wonderful nail and cuticle conditioner with vitamin e and almond oil. It smells divine! This is good for those with natural or artificial nails. I like to lengthen the time between my nail salon visits by using this after buffing out my acrylics. Just remove old polish, buff nails, then apply/massage Solar Oil into each nail. Wash hands after. My cuticles are conditioned and my nails have restored luster. I can add almost an extra weak between my fill appointments this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by nailfreak55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this it works very good for a overall good price ranging from 5 dollars and higher

it works good for bad or great cuticles or to make them even better looking!!

Definitely will be buying this in about a week and I just got a new bottle today

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently started to get back into taking care of my hands and knew right away I had to have this. There is nothing else like it - I have tried to purchase generic versions of this and other type of cuticle softening oils but this always beats the rest.

Nicely scented, smooths and soothes cuticles, decent price and makes a difference instantly in the appearance of my raggedy cuticles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell and the consistency. I think possibly my cuticles are softer (it is not anything dramatic) but I will keep using it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by toots13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like Solar Oil and it smells great, but I think it works just okay. It keeps cuticles soft if you use it often, but it takes a long time to soak in. I like Haken cuticle oil from Sally's because they have great scents and it's much cheaper, but my favorite is Orly Cuticle Care oil because it works better and is cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for a long time. When I was using it, I'd buy the larger, more economical size, a little over two ounces. I loved the round glass bottle and brush applicator. I've saved quite a few of them, actually. The brush makes it convenient to apply the oil just where I want. However, I won't be buying it anymore because it is far cheaper to mix up my own blend of oils and refill the bottles I have with my own blend. Solar Oil is jojoba oil, rice bran oil, sweet almond oil, and a little vitamin E. I have found that a blend of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and macademia nut oil with a little vitamin E oil works just as well. I buy these ingredients for far less at a local health food store (I use NOW brand jojoba and macademia nut oil. They are the cheapest). Solar Oil is perhaps more convenient as it is already mixed. However, if you get tired of paying a lot or if you use more than a little of Solar Oil, consider the alternatives.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No