Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Solar Oil is wonderful. When applied several times a day to the cuticles, it really keeps them neat, healthy and looking smooth. It smells lovely, like warm almonds, but the scent is not cloying and dissipates as soon as the oil is absorbed into the skin (which is quickly). I'm not crazy about the price which averages about $5-$8 for a half ounce, but it sure seems worth it.

on 5/12/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

great!!! i got it off of ebay for a great price!!!! just used today and i can already see a difference!!!

This is a great cuticle oil. Good moisturizing effect, and my cuticles don't look half as bad as they used to. I like to use this at night before I go to bed cause it absorbs really quickly. In the morning though I use LUSH Lemony Flutter which is imo, the best thing that happened to my nails EVER. =)

on 4/22/2010 3:15:00 AM

I'm trying to take care of my peely cuticles so I bought this along with Poshe Cuticle cream. It's quite expensive for a such a little bottle! ($3.99 from my local beauty supply store in the smallest size). It comes in a nail polish bottle so you brush it on. It has a really nice scent, like almonds or marzipan. However I don't think it does anything for my nails : / My cuticles look moisturized and really nice after I rub it in but nothing has really changed. I don't think I'd buy this again. Maybe if I was in a spending mood, but really I think any oil could do the same job. Or you could blend something yourself with wheat germ oil, jojoba, and maybe apricot.

Edit: Sorry had to take another lippie off; it just doesn't do anything. Nice smell though and temporarily moisturizes.

on 4/13/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love SolarOil!! Smells great, nourishes cuticle and it looks like my nails grow faster. Love the round bottle, too.

on 2/19/2010 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

steady applications of solar oil are helping me get over my habit of picking at my nails. FINALLY!!!!!!! :-D so yeah... this stuff is amazing :-D and it smells great!!!

on 2/2/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cuticle oil. it absorbs well into the skin. I've used different kinds and they just don't moisturize like solar oil does.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Solar Oil is a nice cuticle oil, but it's nothing mind blowing. It does moisturise even dry cuticles well if you remember to use it couple times a day, but I find it to be way overpriced here. I'm not the biggest fan of the almond smell either.

There's nothing else bad to say about it though, I just prefer Nubar nail oils - they're a lot cheaper (at least here) and come in nicer scents too.

on 1/28/2010 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Solar Oil is my favorite cuticle oil and it's a staple nail product for me. It smooths my cuticles nicely, and has a faint sweet almond scent. I love to use this after removing polish to moisturize my nails, after a polish change/ manicure, throughout the day and before bedtime for extra moisture. I've found that it works best when used with/ over CND Cuticle Eraser (be sure your polish is DRY before using them, though ;).

on 12/15/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My cuticles are abused from washing frequently to me picking at them continuously. I try to use this at least before bedtime if not more often throughout the day and it does help. I love the sweet almond oil scent too. I use this over my cuticles on freshly polished nails to help the polish dry faster.

Popular Treatments