October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great, understated neutral colour. So pretty and it can be used with so much. It really needs respect. Pair it with cork, era, bronzed, satin taupe or more vibrant colours like bitter or orange. Really, really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lgooding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Of course I will repurchase this gem! "Arena" is one of the first MAC eyehadows that I purchased almost 10 yrs ago...and out of all the MAC eyeshadows over the years, this is the only one that I have hit pan on twice! It's about time to get another...I hope they never discontinue this..

NC50/NW45 (MAC)
7 Almond (Bobbi Brown)

P.S. Just wanted to list my first MAC eyeshadows: Arena, Corduroy, Mystery, Juxt, Electra, Trax, Sketch, Vanilla Pigment...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't get the orange, this is actually yellow based which will brighten most eye colors. I love to use Arena as a wash and swipe Omega (also yellow based) into the socket. Beautiful clean look. Also Arena can be a lovely touch of neutral blush on pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

Love the color! This is my everyday eyeshadow. I usually go with purple or green eyeshadow but decided to go more natural now that I am getting older. This is a perfect shade of peachy brown with no shimmer which I love. Brightens my eyes instantly. I will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another my everyday eyeshadow. It is light-midinum peachy brown, or say light orange brown. It is definately not orange orange, it is still in brown family. My summer eyeshadow! It warms up my face and give a pop to my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaae

Arena is a great color for fair - med skin. It's a lovely understated color that makes my eyes look polished for work. It's great with a nice brown liner and shroom as a highlighter. (note that this is a very basic look though, and not really attention grabbing if that's what you're after.) at night, a sweep of all that glitters over the top brings some sparkle. Also pairs well with several MAC browns in the crease.
Update: I'm taking a lippie off because this doesn't have the staying power that I really expect from MAC. It's beautiful, and it's lasted 8 hours - but all my MAC's last that long when I'm just sitting inside in the air conditioning... this has faded quite a bit.
EDIT: I'm adding a lippie back - this color is just so sweet. i've been using it over Nars All About Eve in the crease and it is so pretty

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this much. It barely shows up on my NC37-40 olive complexion. The formula feels good on the lids and spreads really well, but I feel it actually dilutes the colour of this shadow when put on my lid. It looks gorgeous in the pan, kind of like bamboo but in a satin formula and slightly lighter, but when I put it on, there is hardly any colour and nothing to be seen but a very slight beige shimmer, almost! It does, however, make me look kind of polished...but when I'm wearing eyeshadow, I want it to be somewhat noticeable and not invisable. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by radarlove

Hello, new obsession. I've been looking for this colour for a long, long time - a soft goldy peach that is wearable. Everything else I've tried has been too orange, too gold, too pink, etc. But this is perfect. It's really nice as an all over wash for a neutral look but can be dressed up easily with bronzes, browns, plums, etc. for night time wear. Looks great with Ultra-Elegant slimshine on the lips. I just bought this but it might be HG material for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

I have been test driving Arena for quite some time now and am now placing it on my Christmas wish list, yay! At first, I thought that Arena was too orange for my fair, cool toned skin but come to find out, this is a gorgeous color which refreshes, brightens and opens up my eyes! Oh, and it is NOT orange on my eyelids at all. This eye shadows looks totally different on my skin than it does in the pot. I find Arena to look very similar to All That Glitters, minus the shimmer I get from All That Glitters. I associate Arena with a warm, ripe, golden peach. The texture of this eye shadow is awesome, soft and satiny, and it blends easily. On my eye lids, Arena shows up almost matte but not quite satiny - it looks like an "enhanced" matte. A very slight hint of shimmer may be detectable, a healthy sheen. So far, I like it best with Saddle, Sable or Trax. I find that most colors that go with All That Glitters will look great with Arena as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sherylal24

I bought this in NYC at Macy's. I use it as a base color with Cordouroy in the crease and boy, does that make your eyes pop!! It really brings out the green in hazel eyes where people notice your eye color not the eyeshadow! Love this eyeshadow.