Mary Kay Eye Primer

3.7

This product is my HG!! Without it my eye shadow falls off, creases, etc. But with this primer it goes on nicely, and lasts ALL day. I have been through several tubes and will continue to purchase it. It is lightweight and non-greasy, and a little goes a long way.

on 7/14/2009 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My all time favorite eye primer!! I've tried almost every kind out there and this ones the best imo...it goes on nice and creamy,make my eye shadow last for hours (even is hot,humid weather) and a lil dab on each eye goes a long way=) I will always continue to repurchase this!!

Update on 5/20/13

Idk what they did to this formula but the last 2x I got this it sucked to the point it made my eyelids dried out and I didn't even use it daily!!!!!!!!!!! And when I did use it it made my shadow crease like crazy...Yeah that a no for me lo, I will not be using this ever again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I got this for free from my hair stylist, who's also a Mary Kay seller. I don't like it. In fact I plain threw it out. it didn't do anything except make my crease look greasy. In fact my eyeshadow lasted longer on it's own than it did with this. It seems so unnecessary. This is a downer that I don't plan to repurchase.

on 6/29/2009 2:40:00 PM

I like the Mary Kay Eye Primer. It works for me and does a good job of evening out the eyelid skin tone. For me, it is pretty expensive. I bought it from a friend who sells Mary Kay and was the least expensive thing I found that I liked. I don't think I would buy it again but am enjoying it while I have it.

on 5/21/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a replacement for Too Faced Shadow Insurance as i neared the end of my tube. The Mary Kay eye primer is not an exact substitute but it works. I do notice colors go on better and stay longer but I'd say splurge the extra $5 and get either TFSI or UDPP. Sometimes I find this irritate my eyes but i like to use it when i am using a sticky base like a cream eye shadow to prevent creasing.

on 5/21/2009 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recently purchased the Mary kay primer on Monday and recieved it the next day (how awesome is that?!). This would be my first primer and I have never tried UDPP or shadow insurance. I am just so fascinated with this product! I applied the primer at 7:45 am and it stayed on after 10pm...it stayed on even when I went for a run. Keep in mind that I removed my eyemakeup at around 10:30 and it still looked fresh. I could very much bet that the shadows could last till the next day. I don't have oily lids, and shadows stay on me fairly ok without a primer or concealed. After using MK eye primer, I don't have the curiosity of trying other primers that only hurt my pocket lol. MK is a wondrful eye primer without breaking the bank! ($12 to be exact)

on 5/11/2009 5:31:00 PM

I've been using this eye primer for about 8 months and there's a significant difference in my eye makeup with this primer on. A tiny dab on each eyelid is all that is needed (about half of an eyedrop). This primer goes on transparent. It is recommended that you put on your eye shadow/makeup immediately after the primer because that is when primer is most effective at bonding makeup to your eyelids. After a 14-hour day, my makeup looks as fresh as in the morning. This primer is excellent especially for those using pigment/loose eye powder. My tube lasted for about 8 months. I recently re-purchased by contacting a local Mary Kay representative on www.marykay.ca. This was about $20 (Canadian) and considering that it lasts for 8 months and exceeds other eye primers, is worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this stuff for about 2 months and had to throw away. I started getting flakey around my eyelids and some redness occured. I realized tht the days I used this primer it irritated my skin around the eyes and it did still crease throughout the day. Not worth the money.

on 3/22/2009 6:05:00 PM

This product did nothing to help my eye makeup stay on longer and I had an allergic reaction (itchy eye lids and some redness).

on 3/3/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recieved this as a gift, more like a sample from my friend who works for Mary Kay. It's not the best product i've used. I don't have oily skin at all, but for some reason eyeshadows don't like to stay on very long on my eyelids. The Primer is alright, goes on translucent, the texture is good, and it's non-irritating (at least to me). Yet when applying shadows, it only lasts for a couple of hours. I'm still looking for a better primer, but I guess for now, this will do.