September 22, 2014 | 1554 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bubblyface17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i had this a while ago and its not that great. it takes a while to really get some product on a brush and paint your face. not very practical if youre in a hurry. but it gives a natural finish. its an okay foundation but there are so many other foundations for the same price that are waaaay better.
dont waste your money, get something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kandy666

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this! Never go out without it.

It is quite expensive at £25, but lasts about 6 months (and that's using it pretty much every day). But it is well worth it. It's not a heavy foundation, but more like a light layer that just evens out your skin tone. I'm VERY pale (I got red cheeks from shopping last month, and that was march!) and I found that 'Jax' is the perfect colour. It feels quite moisturising, and smells lavender-y (which is pleasant!). I can use blushers and other products on top of it no problems. It's the perfect base for me. Highly reccommended!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by baybee323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i stole this from my sister and was pretty impressed so i brought it. For starters, the packaging is beautiful, i like the idea of a stick and the twist-up and use works perfectly - no trouble there. the packaging is classy and its small and easy to carry around. you have no worries about it leaking.

I brought it in the lightest shade 'spin the bottle' which was a tad light for me and could make me look really dead at times. i have the occassional scar from popping a spot and this covers it pretty well - it covers it more than any other foundation i have ever tried. It didn't cover up my dark circles too well and actually made them more obvious so i used a conclearer instead.

it leaves your skin with a matte finish but its still looks dewy. it doesn't make the skin look caked AT ALL. the foundation is almost undetectable..several times i was asked if i even wear foundation. It also made my blush stand out more and made that more glowy - its a perfect base. It does have a slight smell to it ( a bit like tea tree), but you can't actually smell it once its applied. its creamy and easy blendable, you get the same results if using a brush or fingertips.

the two real problems i had with this is that i have dry skin and it made this obvious - especially during the winter. However, when my skin isn't so dry this foundation works fine. Although, my sister who has oily skin uses this and she has so problems with this foundation whatsoever...shes brought it twice infact. i also think the price is a little steep for how much product you actually get - it finishes quickly. i've been mixing it with a drugstore foundation to prolong its life & to overcome this flakey skin situation it brings about.

a great foundation if you have a little amount of blemishes you want to cover and if you want that natural look. steer clear of this if you have dry skin or are looking to cover dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by shelly0729

blends easily and i found a color to match my skin perfectly. really good at covering blemishes..2nd time buying and i am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Cheris202

I LOVE this so much is unbelievable!! I pretty much use it as a concealer. It goes on smooth has a matte finish, easy to apply, smells good and convienient packaging. I use tea party. Once i add it to any imperfections on my face, they completely disappear! It's like magic!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by hoolahoop

I have the lightest color called Paper Dolls. I actually got really excited when i tried this on in the store, cause it looked like a really good match, but those floresent lights fooled me again, its a bit too pink on me. and thats probly the only thing i really really dislike about the product, theres only 3 shades!! are you kidding??? *sigh*, I like the coverage though, which you can control easily since its so blendable, and i liked the cream to powder consistency and the way it looked on my skin (not too matte, not shiny). well thats all i can really comment on, since i didn't use it all day by itself. i did use it today though, by mixing it with a yellower, cheaper foundation, which is an alright deal, except it wasn't really a perfect match either, it was a lil too peachy. and i would love to, go back and purchase a different shade, even for the kinda outrageous price, but i can't. too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by charla21

so, this product is very creamy stick foundation and has a nivea scent to it.

it has a good lasting power and looks vey nice for a while however when i wear this for a long day my face shines... it looks very oily even though i dont have a problem with it... you have to set it with powder-thats a must and probably have to touch up the powder again.

the foundation looks good after its set so you'll see the effects after 30mins or so... another disadvantage is that the product has almost nothing relative to a normal foundation and i cant aford to wear this foundation evryday because it just finishes up so quicky... i've got about 3 more uses and then i'll lit pan im not if i would buy it again, probably not since we'll be in summer soonish.... ( i think this product would be good for dry skin but not for oily ones)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sokidoki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a concealer for under my eyes etc rather than all over foundation. I'm NC30 and bought shade 'tea party'. Real creamy, goes on well and lasts quite well. I use with a medium size concealer brush. But.. doesn't do that much better than any other concealer- I've used Boot's no7 brand and Rimmel before this and they both do just as well. So, not really worth the price you have to pay for this, I guess there's more product though

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SFClaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been wearing Play Sticks in Spin the Bottle for about 4 years now, and I have found that it is a perfect color match for my pale cool toned skin. I have also found this foundation to be excellent for my super oily face, and although I am only occasionally acne prone I have not had any issues with this particular formula clogging or accentuating my pores. Other notable attributes of this foundation, are the fact that it is really blendable and that it dries to a mostly matte finish.

I actually tried switching to a liquid foundation a few months back because of the price of this foundation and my irritation at BeneFit for some of their other overly priced gimmicky products. So far I have not found anything else that gives me the type of coverage and color match of Play Sticks. While I do take issue with some of BeneFit's other offerings, I find that they were really on point when creating this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by KareenJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

4446 was my first foundation EVER at the age of 15! Well I basically just used it as a concealer for problem areas like under my eyes, broken capillaries, and any random red area I would get from time to time. By the age of 16/17 I was using it as a FULL coverage foundation and loved it! Then I started going through the whole teenage breakout phase (used topical creams that dried out my skin and just made everything worse) and tested out sooo many other high end products but none of them gave me the heavy but natural looking coverage like BeneFit! No matter what, I always go back to this little stick.
The downside of it is that it is 34 dollars (US) and it doesn't last very long in its wear time, which makes you use up the stick pretty fast. I recently discovered the whole loose powder to set the make up and it does help, but only a bit. At work I HAVE to go in by lunch time to touch up because it just fades. Plus they are very limited in colors and are told to mix, it's a really shitty way of getting people to buy MORE.
On a good note though, the reason why I gave it for lipsticks, is that it has GREAT texture! Whenever I wear it as a light to medium coverage people think my skin is naturally flawless, they're shocked when I say that I am wearing makeup and wear it every single day! Another pro is that it is easy to remove, any face cleanser gets the job done.

EDIT: I haven't been able to wear this for the past few months bc my skin is dry and it makes my face look flakey. But liquid is working just fine with my dry skin now. So I'm lowering the rating to 3...