August 2, 2014 | 1004 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

This mask felt amazing on and after I washed it off. As a working girl, its really hard to just be able to make time to prep your skin for a mask, apply it, wait for it to dry, wash it off, then proceed with your normal skin care regimen. This mask was truly a treat and felt pampered whenever I used this product. It enhanced my regimen and highly recommend using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by wakeupdiana

The salesgirl at Lush suggested this for my super clogged pores and it is amazing! Other masks usually leave me with an uncomfortable tight feeling after, but this left my skin very soft. I immediately noticed the results after leaving it on my face for 10 minutes, using it to gently exfoliate with warm water, and then washing it off. My acne looked less inflamed and it reduced redness. HG mask forsure.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bjdp55

So I have to point something out that I noticed while reading the other reviews. I don't know why so many girls with sensitive skin are using this mask. When I went to lush to get a face mask, I was constantly told by the staff there NOT to get this mask if I have sensitive skin. Luckily I don't, so I got it ... but I just dont know why other people werent told the same thing. It's all over the product reviews on the Lush website too. So yeah, if you have sensitive skin, stay away. There's nothing deffective in the face mask itself thats making your skin red and burn, it's just cuz you personally have sensitive skin, so you're skin is going to react.
On another note, I do love this face mask. And it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what the mask smelt like and why it smelt to familiar .. and then i got it! Licorice! it smells like black licorice. I HATE black licorice and the smell is totally off putting to me, but the mask smelt like a sweet black licorice that wasn't gross to me at all. If you're thinking of getting this mask but hate the smell of black licorice like I do, don't knock it till you go in the store and smell it for yourself. I think it smells good actually. And the smell stays on you're skin for a couple hours after .. if you don't put makeup on directly after. Anyways, this mask made my skin baby butt soft and made it look brighter, awake and refreshed. I also had 2 little zits under the skin that were in the beginning stages of forming, and after this mask, POOF they were gone the next day, and immediately after taking the mask off the swelling and redness had reduced. One downside for me is that it did make my skin slightly dry and tight feeling afterwards, but that tight feeling is going to come with most tightening face masks afterwards, so no complaints really.
I would suggest for gals with non sensitive skin who just want to brighten and frreshen up their complexion :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Awesome soother of aching zits-beneath-surface skin, complexion brightener, and smoothing effect that lasts (ie results are not shortlived). The day after using this, i do not need or use foundation.
Edit: after about two weeks of using this every two or three days, i am still not thru the pot. Luckily i 'froze' it rather than refridgerated, and it doesn't have an 'off' smell or look and i think it is good for another two uses. The effect is probably cumulative. This is HG and highly recommended because this has faded my acne scars like nothing else to date! Also brightened my skin, made it smoother, and did not launch fresh breakouts. And i have no blackheads whereas before i had plenty on my nose.
If u regularly exfoliate ur skin or do peels or microdermabrasion this might irritate your skin or tingle and hurt a bit. Otherwise it is awwwwesome.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I really want to like Brazened Honey, because it just sounds like it's so great for your skin. As per the LUSH UK website, it has almonds and honey in it to provide exfoliation. On my oily, sensitive skin, however, whenever I apply it, it makes my skin itch. Nothing too drastic, but I can tell that underneath the hardening mask, my skin is starting to tingle. Once I wash it off, there are three negative effects: 01) my skin is so so so red and irritated looking, and this does not fade quickly; 02) the smell lingers on my skin forever -- I don't know how this happens but seriously two days later I can still smell this mask!; and 03) it breaks me out. It's unfortunate as I usually love LUSH's face masks, but this one just not seem to work with my skin chemistry. If you want to use a LUSH mask for exfoliation, I suggest Love Lettuce which I really love.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I love this mask so much! It's makes my skin glow and exfoliates very well. I've been using it once or twice a week for a few months now and my skin feels great. I only wish they offered smaller pots since I can't seem to use it within the three weeks. Highly recommended. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely calming face mask. I have sensitive skin that is also oily and acne prone, so products that help with one condition can really exacerbate the other. Lately it feels like everything is setting my face off and giving me screaming red, irritated skin. Brazened Honey does an excellent job of bringing me back to my normal color after such an episode. It smells delicious and has exfoliators to give me a nice scrub when I'm rinsing it off. And you can't beat the price. Lush can be very hit or miss with skincare products, but when they're on, they're really on. Brazened Honey is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

For starters, the container is itty bitty. It was only like $7 I think but I was still laughing about how small it is.

I went searching for something to brighten my skin. I recently purchased a clairsonic Mia and have loved the results so I thought I would step it up a notch.

Apply as you would any mask, directions say leave on 5-10 minutes, I left it on for 10. I didn't scrub it off (don't think there's anything in the instructions about scrubbing...) but just rinsed it. My skin looked amazing, bright, glowing, and super soft.

I don't find the fragrance strong and it did not burn at all; I'm not sure what is in it that would even burn to begin with.

My container has many more uses but when it's gone I will definitely get more.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jessicahonig2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying my first fresh face mask (cosmetic castastrophe) I chose to buy brazened honey. I didn't really have a particular reason as to why I bought this mask besides that I wanted to try other masks. I have normal skin and hardly break out or have spots of acne. Brazened Honey looks like a slightly yellow gritty paste. Application is easy and so is taking it off. And if you dampen your hands before you wash your face you can exfoliate due to the almond bits in the mask. After my I wash it off I feel like I have super smooth skin and it feels healthy. I still put a moisturizer on just incase it may have dried my skin out any. My only complaint is the smell. It smells like licorice to me and I hate licorice. But other than that it is a very nice mask that leaves my skin "glowing." If I wasn't to buy it again it would be because of the smell.

Also as a sidenote: I have not broken out using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't always love what Lush has to offer, but even I have to admit this mask is really fantastic. I have normal skin with the occasional pimple, and used to have bad acne until I got a good regimen going. Nowadays my fixation is with brightening my dull, tired looking skin. I'm quite fair and I want my face to be glowy white, not sickly looking. Straight up, most brightening masks I've tried haven't worked that well. This stuff definitely does, though I'm not sure if it's long term, as you have 3 weeks to use up a pot, which means a few applications a week. Yeah, the price doesn't thrill me, but I'd rather spend the money on a product I know works. I don't really scrub my face with the grains in it, since I'm a wee bit sensitive. I just wipe them off gently with lots of water. I get plenty of exfoliation from the fruit enzymes. I don't really enjoy the way it smells, but that doesn't matter much to me anyhow. I will repurchase and I would recommend this to a friend looking to brighten dull skin.