LUSH Brazened Honey Face Mask

4.1

Kaolin, Talc, Fresh Lime Juice, Sage, Rosemary and Juniper berry Infusion, Fresh Free Range Eggs, Honey, Glycerine, Fresh Fennel, Ground Walnut Shells, Peanut Oil, Bentonite Gel, Fresh Ginger Root, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Coriander, Ground Tumeric, Ground Cardamom, Clove Bud Oil, Ginger Oil, Vetivert Oil, Juniperberry Oil, Perfume.

on 4/30/2012 7:20:00 PM

I usually use Love Lettuce for my face mask, and every few months I'll change it up. This time I bought this Brazened Honey and it's pretty decent. When I rinse my face my skin looks amazing, but the effect doesn't really last. And the smell is SO POWERFUL! It's nice, but wow. It's really strong, my mum always comments on it from across the room, and it lingers on your skin for at least a few hours which I absolutely hate. So I think it's a decent mask, but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

on 4/9/2012 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

After finishing the cupcake mask which does nothing to my skin, I decided to try this mask and now when I already finish my pot of Brazened Honey, I have to say that I like it. When I put this mask on my face, I can feel my skin stings a little bit and I think it was doing its job that is detoxifying my skin. The mask is quite grainy so I can use it as a scrub as well. Even though I can't see any dramatic change, I still repurchase it because I love how it feels on my skin.

on 4/2/2012 8:59:00 AM

The staff at Lush pointed me to this when I asked about a mask for my combination skin. It smells unusual but I didn't find it off-putting, it feels great, you can feel it tingling as it's on and scrubbing away dead skin as you wash it off! It made the blackheads covering my nose look totally gone, was so impressed and felt confident after. I recommend this product for people with inflammation on the jawline or t-zone as it helps minimize and get rid of dirt.

on 4/1/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Absolutely love this one! I can feel the mask really working, and it really leaves your skin smooth, refreshed and it does lighten spots. There's only one setback- the smell isn't that great. It's a very odd smell- not herbal, not floral, not even of honey. At times, especially when you spread it towards your nose, it even smells kind of musty (like old clothes that have not been dried properly). In fact, I find the smell worse than Cosmetic Warrior's garlic (which actually is very mild, but then, I'm a garlic-lover).

However, having said all that, this is still a great mask, possibly the best in Lush's fresh mask range (so far I've tried this, the Sacred Truth, Cosmetic Warrior and Oatifix), and its detoxing power more than makes up for its odd smell. I've also taken to using it as a hand mask as well- it really brightens your hands, but you need to moisturise after. For my face though, it's great, as I have combination skin, often more to the oily side. It's a definite repurchase for me.

A friend brought this back to me as a gift after smashing an empty vodka bottle on my driveway after a party, but it ended up well for me! I have clear skin all over my face except my chin, which is a constant source of trouble! however i have found as long as i use this (usually only on my chin) I have been able to keep it under control. I will def be repurchasing!

This is my least favorite product at Lush. I purchased this after the girl working mentioned it would be a close substitute to Cosmetic Warrior, which they were out of. It wasn't even close.

The worst part about it is really the smell; it's a really strong blend of honey & some herbal-floral combination that smells terrible. Even after washing my skin repeatedly I couldn't get the stench off for an entire day.

I wouldn't complain about the smell if it worked, but it doesn't. The bits of almond are exfoliating, but I found it them to be way to harsh on my skin. The mask has no soothing properties about it, it left my skin red & did nothing for my acne or pores. I would skip this one for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not my favourite LUSH mask, Brazened Honey didn't really do a lot for my skin in terms of appearance. My acne was not reduced, it actually made it look more inflammed, and it didn't brighten up or hydrate my skin at all, it felt quite dry afterwards. However, I do like the fact that it exfoliates gently yet effectively when removing with warm water, which leaves my skin super smooth.

on 12/30/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin used to get that tingly, stinging feeling when I started using these masks in 2005 but not the ones I've been buying in 2010 and 11. I don't use them that often so I don't think it's because of my skin getting used to them, nor do I freeze them. I love the way my skin feels after using this: soft and a rosy glow. I can't say this moisturizes as I haven't noticed any difference.

on 12/22/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mask felt amazing on and after I washed it off. As a working girl, its really hard to just be able to make time to prep your skin for a mask, apply it, wait for it to dry, wash it off, then proceed with your normal skin care regimen. This mask was truly a treat and felt pampered whenever I used this product. It enhanced my regimen and highly recommend using this!

on 11/20/2011 3:23:00 AM

The salesgirl at Lush suggested this for my super clogged pores and it is amazing! Other masks usually leave me with an uncomfortable tight feeling after, but this left my skin very soft. I immediately noticed the results after leaving it on my face for 10 minutes, using it to gently exfoliate with warm water, and then washing it off. My acne looked less inflamed and it reduced redness. HG mask forsure.

Popular Masks