November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

This is my least favorite product at Lush. I purchased this after the girl working mentioned it would be a close substitute to Cosmetic Warrior, which they were out of. It wasn't even close.

The worst part about it is really the smell; it's a really strong blend of honey & some herbal-floral combination that smells terrible. Even after washing my skin repeatedly I couldn't get the stench off for an entire day.

I wouldn't complain about the smell if it worked, but it doesn't. The bits of almond are exfoliating, but I found it them to be way to harsh on my skin. The mask has no soothing properties about it, it left my skin red & did nothing for my acne or pores. I would skip this one for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not my favourite LUSH mask, Brazened Honey didn't really do a lot for my skin in terms of appearance. My acne was not reduced, it actually made it look more inflammed, and it didn't brighten up or hydrate my skin at all, it felt quite dry afterwards. However, I do like the fact that it exfoliates gently yet effectively when removing with warm water, which leaves my skin super smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin used to get that tingly, stinging feeling when I started using these masks in 2005 but not the ones I've been buying in 2010 and 11. I don't use them that often so I don't think it's because of my skin getting used to them, nor do I freeze them. I love the way my skin feels after using this: soft and a rosy glow. I can't say this moisturizes as I haven't noticed any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

This mask felt amazing on and after I washed it off. As a working girl, its really hard to just be able to make time to prep your skin for a mask, apply it, wait for it to dry, wash it off, then proceed with your normal skin care regimen. This mask was truly a treat and felt pampered whenever I used this product. It enhanced my regimen and highly recommend using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by wakeupdiana

The salesgirl at Lush suggested this for my super clogged pores and it is amazing! Other masks usually leave me with an uncomfortable tight feeling after, but this left my skin very soft. I immediately noticed the results after leaving it on my face for 10 minutes, using it to gently exfoliate with warm water, and then washing it off. My acne looked less inflamed and it reduced redness. HG mask forsure.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by bjdp55

So I have to point something out that I noticed while reading the other reviews. I don't know why so many girls with sensitive skin are using this mask. When I went to lush to get a face mask, I was constantly told by the staff there NOT to get this mask if I have sensitive skin. Luckily I don't, so I got it ... but I just dont know why other people werent told the same thing. It's all over the product reviews on the Lush website too. So yeah, if you have sensitive skin, stay away. There's nothing deffective in the face mask itself thats making your skin red and burn, it's just cuz you personally have sensitive skin, so you're skin is going to react.
On another note, I do love this face mask. And it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what the mask smelt like and why it smelt to familiar .. and then i got it! Licorice! it smells like black licorice. I HATE black licorice and the smell is totally off putting to me, but the mask smelt like a sweet black licorice that wasn't gross to me at all. If you're thinking of getting this mask but hate the smell of black licorice like I do, don't knock it till you go in the store and smell it for yourself. I think it smells good actually. And the smell stays on you're skin for a couple hours after .. if you don't put makeup on directly after. Anyways, this mask made my skin baby butt soft and made it look brighter, awake and refreshed. I also had 2 little zits under the skin that were in the beginning stages of forming, and after this mask, POOF they were gone the next day, and immediately after taking the mask off the swelling and redness had reduced. One downside for me is that it did make my skin slightly dry and tight feeling afterwards, but that tight feeling is going to come with most tightening face masks afterwards, so no complaints really.
I would suggest for gals with non sensitive skin who just want to brighten and frreshen up their complexion :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Awesome soother of aching zits-beneath-surface skin, complexion brightener, and smoothing effect that lasts (ie results are not shortlived). The day after using this, i do not need or use foundation.
Edit: after about two weeks of using this every two or three days, i am still not thru the pot. Luckily i 'froze' it rather than refridgerated, and it doesn't have an 'off' smell or look and i think it is good for another two uses. The effect is probably cumulative. This is HG and highly recommended because this has faded my acne scars like nothing else to date! Also brightened my skin, made it smoother, and did not launch fresh breakouts. And i have no blackheads whereas before i had plenty on my nose.
If u regularly exfoliate ur skin or do peels or microdermabrasion this might irritate your skin or tingle and hurt a bit. Otherwise it is awwwwesome.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I really want to like Brazened Honey, because it just sounds like it's so great for your skin. As per the LUSH UK website, it has almonds and honey in it to provide exfoliation. On my oily, sensitive skin, however, whenever I apply it, it makes my skin itch. Nothing too drastic, but I can tell that underneath the hardening mask, my skin is starting to tingle. Once I wash it off, there are three negative effects: 01) my skin is so so so red and irritated looking, and this does not fade quickly; 02) the smell lingers on my skin forever -- I don't know how this happens but seriously two days later I can still smell this mask!; and 03) it breaks me out. It's unfortunate as I usually love LUSH's face masks, but this one just not seem to work with my skin chemistry. If you want to use a LUSH mask for exfoliation, I suggest Love Lettuce which I really love.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I love this mask so much! It's makes my skin glow and exfoliates very well. I've been using it once or twice a week for a few months now and my skin feels great. I only wish they offered smaller pots since I can't seem to use it within the three weeks. Highly recommended. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely calming face mask. I have sensitive skin that is also oily and acne prone, so products that help with one condition can really exacerbate the other. Lately it feels like everything is setting my face off and giving me screaming red, irritated skin. Brazened Honey does an excellent job of bringing me back to my normal color after such an episode. It smells delicious and has exfoliators to give me a nice scrub when I'm rinsing it off. And you can't beat the price. Lush can be very hit or miss with skincare products, but when they're on, they're really on. Brazened Honey is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.