LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 7/23/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a decent mask. I selected it to soothe and cleanse my skin after summer nights out. Catastrophe Cosmetic is a textured grey-blue mask chock full of clay and blueberries. It smells strongly of chamomile and calamine, very pleasant. This mask really thickens up when chilled so I recommend taking it out of the fridge a few minutes before application; makes it easier to spread. CC takes very little time to take effect, which I like. This mask makes my face incredibly soft and evens out the texture. Other than that, I really do not notice any outstanding benefits. The clays do absorb excess oil but the effects are not that long lasting. Not my favorite mask from LUSH but definitely a gentle option for those seeking an at-home facial.

on 5/27/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product is the best for flakey winter skin. I first bought it a couple of years ago when my skin was so dry that it hurt to raise my eyebrows. I now buy it every winter. It clears my skin up withing a few applications. It is so soothing, but you can feel it lifting your dry skin away as you wipe it off.

I apply quite thickly, but don't leave it on until it is completely dry. Then in the shower I wet my hands, pat my face with the water, and start to wipe it off. I find this is the best way to get rid of flakey skin.

The smell is a little strong but I don't mind it. I love the little bits of blueberries in it and the strong purple colour. Some people may balk at the inclusion of talc, but I've never had problems with clogging because of this mask, in fact, my pores look better after application. I find the talc helps with exfoliation.

I would recommend this mask to anyone with flakey skin, whether you are oily or dry.

on 5/27/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure how benefical this mask was to my acne prone skin, as I started using a different skin topical medication at the same time. However it had a very cooling sensation on my angry red skin and was easy enough to apply. Lush masks are quite expensive for the longlivity of the product, and so this will not be a regular purchase.

on 5/10/2012 5:52:00 AM

I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled after I decided to buy this amazing little product! I've been using this almost every evening for about a week after cleansing, and it has really cleared up my acne-prone skin second to none. I keep it in the fridge and it feels sooo soothing when you apply it, cool and refreshing. It has reduced the red tones in my skin amazingly, something which has been really bugging me of late! It dries in no time, unlike non-organic face masks, so you really don't need to leave it on for too long. The one thing I will say is that I found it a tad drying, but this is due to my skin - although I have spots I also have dryness! I have rectified this problem with a few drops of Trilogy Rosehip Oil after I wash off this mask (another amazing product). This is perfect for someone with acne-prone, slightly oily skin looking to combat redness and the skize of their spots. And, because it's totally organic, your skin will just love it :) Let's stop attacking our skin with acids and harsh chemicals! This sort of thing is the way to go!

on 4/29/2012 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Bought it because I loved the smell (So blueberries!), and am always looking for something that'll help with my acne and oily skin.

First, it doesn't really spread nicely like other masks I've tried. It tends to clump, making it difficult to get an even coverage without really packing it on.
Second, it dries crumbly. I had to sit over a bowl just so I wouldn't get grey powder all over my desk while I wrote essays.
Third, and probably the deal breaker, pretty sure it left me with a thin film of powder. Feeling my skin now, it's like there's an invisible layer of talcum powder all over my face. It's not pleasant.

While I'm sure some people would love it, I'm looking for somethign that'll actually help my skin and not just make me feel girly for half an hour.

on 4/24/2012 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love LUSH Brazened Honey Mask but not this one. It does nothing good or bad to my skin but when I wash my face, the mask still leaves a grey cast that is impossible to wash off, I have to rub my skin real hard or use a toner afterward.
I will not repurchase any fresh mask from LUSH because I think they're just feel-good-masks and do nothing beneficial to my skin.

on 4/21/2012 9:36:00 PM

Pricy. Smells great. Absorbs oil without drying. Evens out redness. Despite the cost, i''d definitely buy again; it made enough difference for me to actually get in the habit of using a mask once a week. I doled out portions and froze them for future use. Some of the lush items are a miss, but this is a definite hit for me.
I will go thru extra trouble if something actually works for me.

on 4/13/2012 10:04:00 AM

I LOVE this mask!! it controlled my oily, spot-prone skin, yet hydrated my dry patches wonderfully! for my very spotty times (hormones!) I use this with Grease Lightning spot treatment, which seems to make the spot healing process much faster. :)

I've tried almost all of the fresh masks at lush and this has to be my favourite! whenever I go in there I have to buy this. it actually makes my face less red (acne prone skin), and makes my pimples smaller. it feels great when you wash it off, and its one of lush's better smelling masks.

on 3/19/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Because of my acne, I use chemical exfoliants frequently. Sometimes due to my anxiousness, I put too much on in a desperate (and often unsuccessful) attempt to rescue a large spot, and end up with completely inflamed and angry red skin. This is when I whip this out as a final rescue tool. It is the chamomile and rose ingredients which is saturated in the liquid that works. So pick up more of the liquid bit, let it sink in for at least 15 mins and up to 1 hour. Rinse it off, and you will notice immediately calmed and neutralized skin tone.

Popular Masks