August 20, 2014 | 1511 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first came to contact with this when I brought my 5 pots into the shop and was given a free face mask. Having combination/oily skin I was recommended to try this to help combat the problems I currently have (mainly spotty skin). When opened I was greeted with a very nice fresh scent (sweet smell, kinda earthy) and although doesn't look like much when you open the pot it really doe's do the job when applied. Application is not troublesome at all, it literally glides onto my face while covering the areas that need treating and dries quickly. I always leave mine for 10 minutes so it really doe's what it says on the pot. When removing rinsing is simple and comes off like a charm.

I felt my face is definably a lot cleaner and softer and has made change to my face overall. Less spots come up now and I know that if I keep using my other facial cleansing products along with this face mask I think it would banish spots altogether (making sure the face is washed every morning and night however).

Depending how much you want to use on your face it has a fair amount of uses. However, the only problem I found is that it MUST always be chilled. Don't think using it, leaving it outside for a bit and then putting it back in the fridge make's it alright, it changes the mask to make it more like you are applying thick clay and isn't as nice. As soon as you are finished with it, put it in the fridge. The short shelf life is also a annoyance, but if you use it regularly then it shouldn't be a problem.

A great little face mask, Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by LivFormston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal/combination skin that changes regularly, which makes it hard for me to tailor a skin routine around. Then I found Catastrophe. Firstly, the smell was amazing. Very fresh and slightly sweet and earthy, but not too heavy. The texture is like thick yoghurt and spreads over your skin like a dream. I love the fact that there are chunks of blueberry in the mixture as well. It has rose and calamine in to calm any redness (which is a problem for me in the winter) and it leaves your skin amazingly smooth and refreshed after you wash it off. The price is cheap for what you get out of it, and I love the little recycled pots. I've never had any problems with spillage. Love, love, LOVE this. Would definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bos101

Excellent face mask,makes a huge difference to how my skin looks and feels for days afterwards. It has a beautiful texture, so it's a pleasure to apply and pamper yourself with. I love this mask, my fave of the Lush fresh masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by CazHowcroft

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This Facemask if great for me and i have pritty normal skin only get 1-2 small spots but some times my face can be slightly greasy.
since i have had this mask i dont have any spots what so ever, and it also feels great when you apply it to your face :).
But it does have an experation date on it, so when you get it its best to use it quite frequently...

and for only 5.50 you can't go wrong :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Supermewbs

I LOOOOOOOVE this, it's amazing! My skin feels so nice and looks so much brighter after I use this, I feel like I don't even need to use makeup. I don't actually like eating blueberries but this just smells heavenly and feels so refreshing on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mask! It smells yummy and left my skin moisturized and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

I use this about twice a week or more, it usually comes down to the state my skin is in. I absolutely love it. The texture is nice and it smells really good. I've been using this product for about two months and I can honestly say that it does wonder for my skin. I have combination skin, and this is the perfect product. My T-zone is not oily anymore and the sides of my nose have kissed the flaking goodbye.
Granted, it is kind of expensive for a face mask, but I get at least 10 to 12 uses out of one pot.
I would recommend it, definitely one of my favorite LUSH products. I've never had any troubles with the expiration date as I'm usually finished by the time it comes around.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by helenlovecats

my favourite face mask from lush! i first tried it two years ago when my friend got a job there and he'd bring home all the ones they were going to get rid of for free (i miss it, i used to get so much free stuff!). anyways, since then it's been my go to mask!
at the moment, my skin is going through a bad phase since coming off medication so this stuff is a miracle worker at calming my aggravated skin. it leaves you with a baby soft feeling and (i think) smaller pores. any redness is reduced and skin looks more even. i use it 2-3 times a week and to me it really makes a huge difference. i'd recommend it to any skin that needs a bit of soothing!

TIP: if you remember to keep them in the fridge, they can last sometimes up to three weeks after the used by date, so my friend from LUSH says. start with a thin layer and then built it up, you don't need a huge amount on your face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started to love LUSH fresh masks lately. First I tried Love Lettuce (that is my favorite mask now) but the 2nd time decided to try something new. I had some redness and blemishes on my face so I was reading that Catastrophe Cosmetic would be the best option to calm the redness as it has an antiseptic effect. The price (7.95 CAD) seems alright for such good, natural product and usually a jar can be used in about 8 times. As it expires in 3 weeks, I use it every 3 day or so. First of all - it does not smell too much like blueberries! It just smells like clay, wet ground.. mixed with a pinch of mashed blueberries. But still, the smell is not very nice. The color - between grey and blue, looks funny when on face but I like it. I am used to blue clay mask so this color is much better. When I opened my jar, there was a layer of water (fluid) on top.. I did not know if I have to get rid of it or mix it. I mixed it. It is very easy to apply, it's kind of sloppy and liquidy, not very thick as Love Lettuce. I left it for 10 min on but it did not dry much, it was still wet when I washed it off.. or to say - when I tried to waash it off. Really difficult to wash it off, it took me almost another 5 minutes to rinse it all off, but where it touched my hair - they stayed blueish! Anyways, this mask got rid of the redness I had in a few places (or was it just the matte looking film left on my skin?) but it dried my skin a lot. It felt very matte, not that nice and moisturized as after Love Lettuce mask. So make sure you use moisturizer after this.
Update: I have been using this for about 3-4 times and have noticed few pimples on my chin and forehead. I believe it is from this mask as I havent changed anything else. I also talked to a sales person at Lush and she told me that she also got pimples from this mask. She told me that her favorite mask is Love Lettuce and Cupcake.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got this as the free mask when i returned 5 lush pots. i wanted to try it because it has anti-oxidents in it. i have pretty oily skin but i didnt want a mask that would dry me out crazily so i though the whole blueberry thing would make it kind of gentle. i must admit that i was wrong. the smell of the mask is nothing like blueberries but it didnt bother me too much. but my face was soooo dry after it if i dont moisturize straight away. the most annoying thing about this mask is that its hard to apply and crumbles everywhere when its dried. so its kinda like my face is snowing purple bits which was really annoying as it would just get everywhere. i tried to combat the problem by mixing it up with some aloe gel which made the consistency not so crumbly and easier to apply however the fallout was still crazy. i do notice my skin being smoother after the mask but i must say its da power in it that makes my skin that way. cant say i would repurchase, much prefer their mint mask