April 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is a great eye make up remover. I didn't realize that it was made for the eyes when purchased. I had used it to remove make up from the entire face. I like that it is oil-fee and easily removes all make up in just one swipe. I don't use waterproof make up, so I can't attest to its effectiveness on those. But I have heard that it works just the same.

The bottle cost me about $8 at Walgreens. I like that the ingredients are gentle and contain Aloe Vera. I don't have to rub my eyes and pull my skin to get it make up off. And the bottle will last you maybe 1/2 a year on daily use.

There is an oil-like feeling to the face after application. This is due to the silicone in it. I guess that this is not the most 'natural' product. But scrubbing my face with a more 'natural' product to remove make up would be harmful in the way of wrinkle-forming.

Overall, I really like this make up remover. I probably would have given it 4 stars before. But now, I use Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser for the entire face. It lasts longer and works better. For the same price, it is also paraben free. I hear people say that Bioderma make up remover is HG, but it is $30 a bottle. Pond's costs around $7/tub and can be used as daily cleanser too. So, probably not repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of curiosity as both my Lancome Bi-Facial and Clinique Take the Day Off were running low. I tested this against the two on different nights and this performs very similarly to the 2 higher end removers I had. I had to take a lippie off because this does struggle a little with removing waterproof mascara compared to the other two but provided it's not waterproof, this removes makeup just as easily. I wear Bobbi Brown corrector, Nars Concealer, any brand eyeliner and Kiss Me Heroine Mascara as well as a Nars eye makeup primer and this got all but the mascara off after I held the pad against my eye for 10-20 seconds while using a gentle massaging motion. The mascara had bits and pieces come off on the pad but I had to go in again with the clean side of the pad to fully get it off.
For the price, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm finishing up my third bottle of this product and I'm about to buy another one. It takes a bit of work to get off mascara and leaves oily residue-but that can usually be fixed by splashing some water on your eyes. It gets the job done and I probably won't be changing to another makeup remover for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

This is one of the best eye makeup removers you can conveniently find in drugstores/supermarkets for around $6-9. It's well priced, oil-free, easily removes (and claims to remove waterproof makeup) and the ingredients are gentle to the eye. (I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Aloe Vera juice is the fourth ingredient)

Effectiveness:
I played with some Maybelline Color Tattoos and layered them on kind of thickly, and used a waterproof gel liner (Essence). When it came time to remove the makeup I wet a cotton pad with this remover and held it to my eye for a few seconds and lifted the pad off. Almost of all the cream shadow and most of the gel liner came off with no rubbing at all, but to get the rest off I did have to wipe those areas a bit. No harsh rubbing needed and it did not irritate my eye at all. I haven't tested it with waterproof mascara, but waterproof mascara is usually troublesome to remove no matter what.

Residue:
There is not much noticeable residue if you don't use too much. This is supposed to be oil-free, and looking at the ingredients it really is, but it still has a slippery feeling to it. This probably do to the Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane in it as those are liquid silicones. Just splash your closed eye with water if you feel any residue and the slippery feeling is gone.

Packaging:
Plastic bottle with simple screw off cap. You have to shake the product before use to combine the layers every time. What I don't like is how the packaging is too simple, it doesn't come with the kind of cap that flips up and dispenses product through a smaller hole. The wide mouth of the bottle makes it too easy to accidentally pour too much out.

I would repurchase once I'm out. Before I'd use drops of olive oil to rub eye makeup off and it worked great but left me oil lids that I'd have to wash off with a cleanser right away. Sometimes the oil would even somehow seep into my eye and make my eyes blurry. Oil was cheap and easy to use as a remover but I feel removers are far more convenient for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This remover is and the fence with me. I have a love hate relationship with it.
It's not the best makeup remover out there.
This is my second bottle in within four years. It isn't my go-to remover.
It still leaves a lot of eyeliner and mascara on still. Even though it is oil- free is leaves a greasy finish that takes other products to wash out.
After this bottle, I think I am done with it for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite eye make-up remover - I've been buying it for years. Other eye makeup removers make my eyes feel really sticky or don't work to remove my waterproof mascara but Neutrogena's delivers on both those counts. My only gripe is the packaging - can't they get a flip-top cap? Please? I do like the fact that the bottle is clear so I know when I'm almost out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just by Bi Facil. I've tried to use this stuff so many times and it's always disappointing. I wish it HAD oil in it, maybe it'd work better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Lubby89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really oily and hate putting it on my eyes. On the bright side it doesn't burn or irritate my eyes. It removes some of my liner but have to use a lot of product. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by cwabby

I read some rave reviews about this product so decided to try it out. The real test for me is always how well it removes waterproof mascara. I'm not impressed. Had to go over the same eye multiple times and also had to rub a little. Anyway it's pretty good at removing eyeliner quite easily but sucks at removing waterproof mascara. I prefer using oil to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I usually use coconut oil to take my eye makeup off, but sometimes i need a little of this for a polished job. Overall, great eye makeup remover that removes waterproof as well. Inexpensive and nonirritating.
My question is, this is supposed to be oil free, but then what is the oily substance in it?? This has always confused me...